[1.2.2] [Kopernicus] Ace's Galactic Expansion V0.1.3

Solar Ranger

29 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

Do you know an easier way to calculate curves ive seen a guide on here but it looked really complicated and I didn't understand it.

I think I heard of a calculator but I can't find that anywhere.

You could also use the stock curves from the template you used to make your planet and alter those with Kittopia.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, AceCrafted said:

Ok I will keep this thread open.

Do you know an easier way to calculate curves ive seen a guide on here but it looked really complicated and I didn't understand it.

You can try this mod:

:) 

No. Kopernicus is just version locked. So when ksp updates kopernicus won't work. It saves the dev of kopernicus a lot of time so he isn't having to answer a lot of questions as to why kopernicus is broken when ksp updates. Nothin planet pack guys can eat around  

Hi @AceCrafted,

Looks like you've deleted the previous version of your mod and are currently "working on it".  Accordingly, I'm moving this thread over to Add-on Development, which is the usual home for threads about mods that aren't quite ready for consumption yet.

If you come up with a download and would like to move this back to Add-on Releases, please just let the moderator team know and we're happy to move it back for you again.  Easiest way to do that is, when you make your post announcing "here's the download, everyone!", just report your own post, and in the report note, comment "this is released, please move to Add-on Releases".  By reporting the post, that will get the moderator team's attention and we can take care of moving it for you.

21 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

I heard that planet packs are broken when kopernicus updates. Do you need special permission?

Just to expand on @Galileo's response, here's typically what you'd see as a mod author, Ace:

1. You ship your mod.  Your OP will presumably document that "Note, requires Kopernicus. <link>".
  2. Users of your mod will need to install Kopernicus on their own.
  3. When KSP moves to a new revision, Kopernicus breaks, and nobody can play your mod (or any other planet pack), but there's nothing that you can (or need to) do about that.
  4. In due time, the Kopernicus author releases a new update that works with the new KSP version.
  5. Users download and install that Kopernicus.
  6. Presto, your planet pack now works again!  (Unless something changed so drastically in Kopernicus that you need to update your mod, but that's fairly rare.  Most Kopernicus updates are pretty minor and won't affect your mod.)

So, the TL;DR is "You're clear, don't worry about it."  :)

I see that this issue has been for the most part resolved, though I'd like to give my two cents.

@Greatness101 I think it would've been better to address the problem to @AceCrafted via PM rather than posting it on his mod thread. It would've been less likely for him to get upset, which is only a good thing. I made this mistake with @Galileo and it didn't turn out very well to say the lease :D. Now, moving on from the mistakes of the past...

3 hours ago, AceCrafted said:

Ok I will keep this thread open.

I have access to a calculator you can use to create pressure curves and temperature curves. I could give you a link if you'd like.

Version 0.1 has been released

Changelog:

-Added Kerbol

-Added Zurbo-A

-Added Zurbo-B

-Added Verno

-Added Purl

-Added Furmal

-Moved stock planets to orbit Kerbol

Enjoy the mod!!! There is more to come!

Edited by AceCrafted

I wasn't happy with the V0.1 texture for Zurbo-B. I thought it was just a bit to bright when I was going for a more burned feel, so I would like to present the new texture!!!

Zurbo-B%20V0.1.1.PNG?dl=1

Turns out Eeloo had not been removed in the initial release. it has now been removed from the changelog and it will be implemented in V0.1.1!

Edited by AceCrafted

It's nice to see this pack going strong still :)

You've got some great work and it certainly reminds me of my own endeavours when starting out with planets just 2 months ago.

I'd love to offer some advice for you!

I haven't checked the exact stats and temperatures of the star, but those planets are insanely close to it! Unless that's your intention, it may be wise to back them off a tad. Also, don't hesitate to add "inclination = (number from 0 to 360)" in your config in 'Orbit'.

Doing this makes the map view look a lot more realistic and so that the planets aren't all on a 2d plane, and rather orbit in slightly different inclinations around the star.

Again, if you don't want to, or if it's your intention not to, you don't have to take my advice above - it's just a suggestion.

Have fun, and don't give up because you're achieving a lot  here :)

I also have some other tips for generating your planet with a bit more detail. I'm not the best at explaining things so don't worry about asking questions.

To add a bit more diversity and detail to your planets, try adding

PQS

{

Mods

{

VertexHeightNoise

{

Type = RidgedMultiFractal

Persistence = 0.5

Lacunarity = 2

Frequency = 24

Order = 100

}

}

}

That may not be 100% correct and I may have made a few mistakes, but if you understand what I mean I'm sure you could try it out yourself. 

Don't forget to update the scaled space afterwards! Have a great day and I hope this helped if you're interested :)

Sorry to keep replying.

With your latest planet I notice some 'clipping' at higher altitudes which doesn't look intended.

When updating your scaled space, try changing the 'maxMapHeight' to a higher value. By doing this, Kittopia will realise the terrain goes this high and scales the shades on the heightmap accordingly.

I know this may sound confusing. Basically try adding 1000 to the Max Map Height each time until you get the desired results - a smoother top of the planet!

3 hours ago, AceCrafted said:

Nevermind I just realised I needed the change the maps

Do you know what cuases this at the north pole?

Weird%20Texture.PNG?dl=1

That's very difficult to fix. One way to make sure it works is to make the entire top 3-8 pixels the same colour.

V0.1.2 Released

Changelog:

- Added Ica: A stray planet orbiting the galactic center

- Removed Verno

- Added Verna (Basically a new Verno)

Enjoy the Update!!!

Ive decided to split this mod into two separate mods. One will focus on the Kerbol System and the other will add new systems and rogue planets

The first will be called something like Ace's Stock System Overhaul, this mod will the base for all my mods and a requirement for the Galactic Expansion mod which is this one here. In the future the galactic expansion mod may also have a standalone version to. Obviously I need to come up with a name for all my mods to be under. Any suggestions??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.