Trying to get Atmosphere looking good

Hey guys, I am trying to get the atmosphere on Kerbin looking good but I am getting blocky clouds with sharp edges and bugger all atmosphere glow from orbit... I have EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, Scatterer and TextureReplacer installed. I am wondering if there are settings that can be adjusted for these mods or is it possibly limitations of my Graphics card? I have a GTX 960 with 2GB ram on it (my system has 24gig ram). I am trying to attach a screen shot but I can't see a button anywhere to attach a pic (only a url link)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried uninstalling EVE, TR and scatterer? I mean, delete the folders and reinstall from scratch. Is it also possible that you may have some remnants of other atmosphere mods in there that might be conflicting?

Anyway, I think these mods might be buggy. Once, I was getting just black and white clouds on Kerbin. Reinstalling helped.I never tweaked any settings.

Re: attaching pictures. Do you have Dropbox?

Oh, and how do you install mods? Manually or CKAN?

Edited by Kerbital

Cheers for the reply man

Ok, so I found if I give a URL then it displays the screenshot... so here is an example of what I am getting... It also looks terrible flying up through the atmosphere as well... I have seen plenty of videos on youtube of people with the same mods installed and it looks amazing!... breathtaking!
I will try and uninstall and re-install (I usually use ckan unless a mod isn't showing in there and then i do it manually)

screenshot30.png

Keep in mind that CKAN may not delete all settings files after removing the mods. So once you remove the mod with CKAN go to the KSP directory and delete any mod leftovers.

Your screenshot shows about what I was getting with EVE alone. Those amazing screenshots you saw were probably from Stock Visual Enhancements mod, but it's a lot more demanding on your graphics card. I think there may also be configs for EVE. I'm not near my PC now, but check CKAN for add-on configs too.

I uninstalled then searched for latest ones I could find:

SVE.All-In-One.v1.1.6

PlanetShine-0.2.5.2

DistantObject_1.8.1

Astroniki_Sunflare_for_Scatterer-1.2

TextureReplacer

I got a HUUUUUGE improvement! :) Very happy!!!... As you can see by the picture though there is still a layer that is blocky and sharp edges, it's pretty much a 2d layer too.... all the rest is 3d volumetric and breathtaking to fly through on way to orbit. I will try and find out which mod is adding that and see if I can get rid of it. (you say yours looked like the pic above with just EVE alone so that's where I'll start)
Thanks for you help!.... super Awesome :)

screenshot33.png

Awesome! You're welcome! One word about Distant Object: it dims the skybox by default resulting in pitch black sky in some situations such as from the surface of mun. If you dislike this, it can be turned off in Distant Object settings. I like the starry sky.

To be honest though, I found little use for DO and just deleted it.

About the clouds: I'm really guessing at this point because mine do not look like that. And my guess is that you might have an old EVE or scatterer config files lurking somewhere. It does look like you have an extra layer of vanilla EVE clouds. Yes, I saw blocky clouds like this before I installed SVE, just with vanilla EVE.

Now, SVE does use EVE (I don't pretend to understand how exactly that works) so don't delete EVE outright. Perhaps posting that image and your question in SVE thread might be worth the shot? I'll also poke around some a and if I find anything I'll post back here.

I also seem to remember there was a GUI for adding extra cloud layers in EVE, but for the love of god  I can't seem to find that now. Or it was a different mod altogether.

Oh, and wait until you land on Duna! What a show!

You may also want to check out Galileo88s (same author) Stock Visual Terrain mod. But your video card will surely hate you for that. I'd pick the Low Res version since you have 2GB of VRAM.

screenshot0.png

Edited by Kerbital

Thanks man... yeah I turned turned the brightness up in Distant Objects settings box... Nice to see the stars.

I posted the question about the 2d blocky clouds to an SVE thread with the pics, will see if anyone has any advice! :)

I haven't been to Duna yet at all... I've been getting quite extensive with bases and mining operations on Mun, I'm savoring every exploration and holding off on Duna for a bit as I want to learn all the life support mods first and treat it like a real life mission to mars (obviously a wee bit easier in KSP than in real life, lol)... but yeah, if I have good atmospheric graphics then arriving and landing on Duna for the first time will be breath taking.

Of course not too far down the track I'd love to start looking into the real scale solar system mods and other realism mods and see how difficult we can make it... love challenges :)

And I'll check out Stock Visual Terrain mod... thanks again

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.