What seemingly basic thing have you never done in KSP

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

1 hour ago, memes in space said:

Go to Duna manned. I always worry I won't have enough fuel to get back and there is nothing worse than trying to rendezvous in the orbit of Kerbol.

I sent a load of kerbals in a pretty impressive ship to Duna orbit with fuel left. The problem? I had run out of RCS! It takes a lot of mono prop to move big MK3 based ships around.

19 hours ago, SickSix said:

Yeah, I have never really used those because I'm afraid they will burn up my fuel LOL

The trick is to pack more fuel than you need. Of course they burn fuel, they are rocket engines after all, but they have a higher specific impulse than monopropellant engines so they take less mass overall, and they have a higher thrust which makes them more useful.

6 hours ago, csch2 said:

Never made a successful plane... I've tried, I'm just terrible at making planes.

Planes take a lot of practice and a lot of failed attempts. They're also significantly more complicated than rockets, so don't feel too disheartened if you can't get planes right the first time. I've had over 1100 hours in-game and I've only recently been able to make reasonably successful planes with a good amount of reliability (I've been making planes for a while but it used to be a lot more hit-or-miss regarding whether or not they'd work).

I've never landed on Gilly. I've landed on TYLO, but not Gilly? Maybe that's just because I've only noticed one convenient Kerbin>Eve transfer window (but I've had two Kerbin>Jool), and I landed a probe on Eve, missing out on Gilly. I have a craft that can land on Minmus and the Mun in one launch, so how hard would Gilly be?

Despite clocking in hundreds of hours and thousands of munar landings, I've only sent 1 Kerbal to Duna once and that's it. 2017 might finally be the year I start going to all the other places in the solar system...maybe...told myself I'd do it last year too...

Gone interplanetary with a pure-stock vessel... maybe that should be a goal for a future career.

Also I don't really make relay networks. I use stay-in-orbit transfer stages, so I just give them an excess of relay antennae and the network happens. There are many blind spots on planetary surfaces, but... it doesn't seem to matter? Not quite sure why people get so obsessed over relay constellations, tbh ^^; 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.