What seemingly basic thing have you never done in KSP

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

12 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

I've never used ISRU, ever. I guess I just got used to the pre-1.0 "Bring it all with you" mentality, and stuck with it. And hey-it's possible to do many, many things without ISRU.

I've also never used ISRU.  I've got my ISRU test rig from 1.0 launch day still en route to minmus, having intended to join in on the community's attempts to figure out how it worked, but things got in the way and I never actually got it where it was going.

Spoiler

3Eb9URG.png

even though ive had ksp since .18 and have well over 1k hours in it, i have never gone past duna. i hate timewarping for more than a month or so, and most updates cause me to get a new save. (1.3 shouldn't, it looks like.)

While I've proven with several of my posts to be a quite decent aircraft builder and -pilot I do have to say that I've never really made it to any body outside of Kerbin's SOI AND back to Kerbin without using Alt-F12. I haven't found a fool-proof method of calculating how much dV I need for the journey or how much my ship has on it. That also leads to not being able to build a proper SSTO, which seem to have become THE way of doing certain stuff.

Tho I do also have to say I'm somehow stuck with 1.0.5, which until recently hasn't really been bothering me much since I felt like the latest version wouldn't solve ^that problem either since the problem is most likely me.

Then again I'm now looking into simply buying the game again since so many things have been added / changed and I'm eager to check them out. But that step doesn't really make much sense until I can finally replace my piece of junk laptop with a high-end PC and have the juice to launch part-hogging vessels thrice the height of the VAB at full 60 FPS.

Edited by DualDesertEagle

1 hour ago, tack50 said:

Tried to build a Mun base

57 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

I've never used ISRU

I've built a expansive Mun base with a large ISRU platform, but never actually used it to refuel anything. Not sure why. Guess at the time I wanted to see if I could build it.

Edited by Red Shirt

2 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

While I've proven to be a quite decent aircraft builder and -pilot I do have to say that I've never really made it to any body outside of Kerbin's SOI AND back to Kerbin without using Alt-F12. I haven't found a fool-proof method of calculating how much dV I need for the journey or how much my ship has on it. That also leads to not being able to build a proper SSTO, which seem to have become THE way of doing certain stuff.

Tho I do also have to say I'm somehow stuck with 1.0.5, which until recently hasn't really been bothering me much since I felt like the latest version wouldn't solve ^that problem either since the problem is most likely me.

Then again I'm now looking into simply buying the game again since so many things have been added / changed and I'm eager to check them out. But that step doesn't really make much sense until I can finally replace my piece of junk laptop with a high-end PC and have the juice to launch part-hogging vessels thrice the height of the VAB at full 60 FPS.

Right-click in the STEAM page on the KSP name tab. Then click on the bottom link. Go to betas on the new screen that pops up, and then ou can choose "NONE" and it should work for you

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Right-click in the STEAM page on the KSP name tab. Then click on the bottom link. Go to betas on the new screen that pops up, and then ou can choose "NONE" and it should work for you

Will try when I finally have a proper PC.

On 3/23/2017 at 8:18 PM, DarknessHasLost said:

I have landed on every planed but the second moon of kerbin, which i cant even remember its name

ok, this may be the most surprising one of the thread.

I've always thought that the people that play KSP but havent been to Minmus are newbies - ones that consider a Mun landing a recent major accomplishment.

Now you say that you not only have gone interplanetary, but you've landed on ever major plane[t]. Even Dres?! but you haven't visited Minmus?

I'd say that you are winning the thread :P

3 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

ok, this may be the most surprising one of the thread.

I've always thought that the people that play KSP but havent been to Minmus are newbies - ones that consider a Mun landing a recent major accomplishment.

Now you say that you not only have gone interplanetary, but you've landed on ever major plane[t]. Even Dres?! but you haven't visited Minmus?

I'd say that you are winning the thread :P

Ive made it to Eeloo, and back twice with the same craft, never bothered to land on Minimus, even in science games i only do flybys.

6 hours ago, Numerlor said:

Never used space tug 

They're not hard to make, you mean as in an SSTO or an Orbital Transfer tug

6 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Will try when I finally have a proper PC.

you can use Mechjeb or KER if you want a DV readout. and I've got a nice looking chart for average DV needed for Transfers if you need it

I have never made a spaceplane. I have very probably never landed successfully (without breaking any parts of the plane) on the runway at KSC. I tried planes when I searched desert temple in verion 0.18, but I never came back. I remember that landing was difficult and I never learned to do it right before I lost interesting to plane flying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.