[1.12.x] State Funding Continued - MM added as dependency

linuxgurugamer

Logically, it does make sense. Sort of.

Gameplay-wise, one (type of) antenna isn't recognised as an antenna because it works as an antenna as well as a relay dish. 

Eh...?

EDIT:

I just realised that the conflict may lie in a mod's solar panels. I'll need to do some testing whether id's not recognising the panels or if it's genuinely the antenna. 

So sorry for the bother.

Edited by Melfice

18 hours ago, Melfice said:

Logically, it does make sense. Sort of.

Gameplay-wise, one (type of) antenna isn't recognised as an antenna because it works as an antenna as well as a relay dish. 

Eh...?

EDIT:

I just realised that the conflict may lie in a mod's solar panels. I'll need to do some testing whether id's not recognising the panels or if it's genuinely the antenna. 

So sorry for the bother.

No problem, please post the solution if you find it.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No problem, please post the solution if you find it.

The issue is with... me using a Stayputnik probe body.

Three test sats with Stayputniks (and possibly in my main game with the Don'tStayputnik from a mod (Lack's SXT, I believe?)) and various antenna/solar panel layouts did not register.
One test sat with an Octo core, the HG-5, AND the mod's solar panels did register.

If that's intentional, we're done here (with a suggestion to make it (more) clear the probe needs to be SAS-capable.).
If that's not intentional, I now have an actual bug to report!

Edited by Melfice

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else experiencing this bug when launching in 1.3.0? The state funding initial window doesn't load when I start a new career, but the state funding tab appears in the start new career dialog. I only have this mod installed and 2 others, fuel tanks expansion and ablative air brakes.(Those 2 are unlikely to be causing the issue.)

(Tested every career mode, easy/normal/moderate/hard/custom)

Does this mod have any dependencies?

Edited by Electr0ninja

Kerbal Kooperative Union:

{
        name = KKU
        longName = Kerbal Kooperative Union
        poModifier = 0.9
        poPenaltyModifier = 4.95
        scModifier = 0.2
        scPenaltyModifier = 2.5
        startingPO = 5
        startingSC = 9
        budget = 0.85
        gdp = 90000000
        budgetPeriodsPerYear = 12
        description = These people want to see wages raised and tax dollars spent well. They don't have a high opinion of space exploration, and would rather you added some infrastructure, because Kerbin has no roads outside your complex. They also have very little tolerance for a failed mission. On the bright side, the KKU has an enormous budget, and will highly reward a perfectionist space program.
    }

On 8/19/2017 at 7:05 AM, FennexFox said:

Can I change fuel, ore, drill rig etc into others, like LqdHydrogen or something with CFG edit?

maybe, but I've never looked into it.  

On 8/19/2017 at 4:46 PM, Mrcarrot said:

Kerbal Kooperative Union:

{
        name = KKU
        longName = Kerbal Kooperative Union
        poModifier = 0.9
        poPenaltyModifier = 4.95
        scModifier = 0.2
        scPenaltyModifier = 2.5
        startingPO = 5
        startingSC = 9
        budget = 0.85
        gdp = 90000000
        budgetPeriodsPerYear = 12
        description = These people want to see wages raised and tax dollars spent well. They don't have a high opinion of space exploration, and would rather you added some infrastructure, because Kerbin has no roads outside your complex. They also have very little tolerance for a failed mission. On the bright side, the KKU has an enormous budget, and will highly reward a perfectionist space program.
    }

Added to a new github issue, I'll get it in soon.

Thanks

On 8/12/2017 at 1:39 PM, Electr0ninja said:

Is anyone else experiencing this bug when launching in 1.3.0? The state funding initial window doesn't load when I start a new career, but the state funding tab appears in the start new career dialog. I only have this mod installed and 2 others, fuel tanks expansion and ablative air brakes.(Those 2 are unlikely to be causing the issue.)

(Tested every career mode, easy/normal/moderate/hard/custom)

Does this mod have any dependencies?

No dependencies.

I just loaded it up and started a new career, it showed up.

The window shows up when you go to the Space Center

Log file, please

Edited by linuxgurugamer

50 minutes ago, Electr0ninja said:

That odd bug it turns out was caused by the current directory and the game directory not matching up, if anyone else has trouble with that, you make need to set your current directory in a script before launching the game.

How did that happen?

8 hours ago, Electr0ninja said:

Custom built desktop icon in KDE Plasma where I forgot to set the work path.

Totally a noob mistake on my part, but if someone else makes the same mistake, they should be able to remedy the issue.

That would have affected many mods, not just this one.

thanks

name = North Va'ar
        longName = Va'ar Federal Union
        poModifier = 25
        poPenaltyModifier = 40
        scModifier = 220
        scPenaltyModifier = 300
        startingPO = 100
        startingSC = 35000
        budget = 10000000
        gdp = 282690000 
        budgetPeriodsPerYear = 1
        description = The Va'ar Union is one of the few democracies remaining on the continent of Kiesia after the Maeiani Obliteration. A close ally of the FSSK, it's government wishes to prove itself and rise to equals with Klaatu or Ciniotia. The Gi'yiria (Parliament) recently passed a law establishing a space program. They hope that by showing up Klaatu above Kerbin they can rise to be equals on it.

3 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

name = North Va'ar
        longName = Va'ar Federal Union
        poModifier = 25
        poPenaltyModifier = 40
        scModifier = 220
        scPenaltyModifier = 300
        startingPO = 100
        startingSC = 35000
        budget = 10000000
        gdp = 282690000 
        budgetPeriodsPerYear = 1
        description = The Va'ar Union is one of the few democracies remaining on the continent of Kiesia after the Maeiani Obliteration. A close ally of the FSSK, it's government wishes to prove itself and rise to equals with Klaatu or Ciniotia. The Gi'yiria (Parliament) recently passed a law establishing a space program. They hope that by showing up Klaatu above Kerbin they can rise to be equals on it.

I've put this into the Enhancement list for the next release, thank.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:11 PM, linuxgurugamer said:
  • New release, 0.6.10:
  •     Added Kerbal Kooperative Union, thanks @mrcarrot
  •     Reduced height of buttons in gov sel window from 30 to 25

I was looking at governments.settings, and I don't claim to know your code, but I think the KKU parser needs to start with "Item". It's probably my fault somewhat, as in posting, I left out "Item".

8 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

I was looking at governments.settings, and I don't claim to know your code, but I think the KKU parser needs to start with "Item". It's probably my fault somewhat, as in posting, I left out "Item".

You are correct, adn I just missed it, thanks.  I'll get it updated soon

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been trying out this mod and so far it is quite interesting, but perhaps a bit confusing. I made sure to read through this entire thread (I didn't read the old one) but there are still some things I am not sure about. (Note I have been playing with the USK gov)

1: In the quarterly reviews they list "Public Opinion" and "Public Opinon after modifiers are decay" separately. My public opinion stat appears to be decreasing over time, while the public opinion after modifiers has been increasing. The same thing has been happening with my  State Confidence. I don't understand what's going on here. For the public opinion at least, I have not had any Kerbals die or get labeled as stranded.

2: How does the State Confidence "Destroying Vessels" penalty work? Does this only count probes that crash land?

3: What is the purpose of the GDP in the government settings?

4: Which contracts are government contracts?

So far this mod does seem quite interesting, and I am definitely going to keep using it in my current game. Thank you for the hard work!

• 1 month later...

Are there plans to have Resource aliases for the modulealiases.settings file, or Community Resource Pack compatibility? With a planet pack like GPP, ISRU favours having resources like Karbonite or Water in storage, and containers normally are filled with Minerals or Metallic Ore.

This mod certainly fleshes out career mode, and makes for some tense moments when BARIS throws a curveball at you for part reliability.

Edited by T-10a

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.