[1.12.x] State Funding Continued - MM added as dependency

linuxgurugamer

On 10/11/2017 at 6:37 AM, T-10a said:

Are there plans to have Resource aliases for the modulealiases.settings file, or Community Resource Pack compatibility? With a planet pack like GPP, ISRU favours having resources like Karbonite or Water in storage, and containers normally are filled with Minerals or Metallic Ore.

This mod certainly fleshes out career mode, and makes for some tense moments when BARIS throws a curveball at you for part reliability.

I wasnt planning on it, although if someone submits a patch, I’ll be happy to include it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a dumb question... I'm looking at this mod and my heart is pounding, adrenaline flowing, and all I can think is... Do I need any of the regular contracts or contract packs with this mod? It appears as if I can play the way I have always wanted to play in my wildest dreams. (No dumb contracts. I am funded based on my ability to successfully explore and expand my knowledge of the cosmos).

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 8:28 AM, billw2011 said:

This mod looks great, just a quick bug report: in 21:9 aspect ratio the buttons on the setup screen (where you select government type) are off the bottom of the screen. I would suggest fitting the window vertically instead of horizontally.

Yes, I need to add vertical scrolling.

What is your screen resolution?

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, I need to add vertical scrolling.

What is your screen resolution?

3440x1440

Obviously this bug can be worked around just with a temporary res change, however I didn't realise I was missing half the options until I happened to notice a gov type mentioned that I hadn't seen!

45 minutes ago, billw2011 said:

3440x1440

Obviously this bug can be worked around just with a temporary res change, however I didn't realise I was missing half the options until I happened to notice a gov type mentioned that I hadn't seen!

Wow!

I didn't realize I had gotten so many submissions that it would go off a 4k screen

54 minutes ago, billw2011 said:

3440x1440

That's very odd.  On my screen, which is standard HD (1920x1080), I see all 9 buttons for the 9 included governments

I guess I should have asked what is the resolution of KSP when you are playing it

40 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Wow!

I didn't realize I had gotten so many submissions that it would go off a 4k screen

That's very odd.  On my screen, which is standard HD (1920x1080), I see all 9 buttons for the 9 included governments

I guess I should have asked what is the resolution of KSP when you are playing it

No, the problem (I think) is the aspect ratio: 3440x1440 isn't 4k (that would be 3840×2160), it is the native resolution of ultra widescreens at 21:9. 

My guess at what is going on: the window contents are laid out in a stack or flow (dunno the Unity specific naming for this), and the image is first, and set to scale to fit width and maintain aspect, then it will push the rest of the contents off the bottom of the screen as the window gets wider. Ergo my original suggestion to make the window scale to fit height not width. However now that sounds wrong, and probably you want to somehow get the image to do scale to fit available space after the rest of the content is laid out. Or.. just make the image a lot smaller!

On 12/17/2017 at 8:28 AM, billw2011 said:

This mod looks great, just a quick bug report: in 21:9 aspect ratio the buttons on the setup screen (where you select government type) are off the bottom of the screen. I would suggest fitting the window vertically instead of horizontally.

Minor screen revamp in progress

36 minutes ago, billw2011 said:

No, the problem (I think) is the aspect ratio: 3440x1440 isn't 4k (that would be 3840×2160), it is the native resolution of ultra widescreens at 21:9. 

My guess at what is going on: the window contents are laid out in a stack or flow (dunno the Unity specific naming for this), and the image is first, and set to scale to fit width and maintain aspect, then it will push the rest of the contents off the bottom of the screen as the window gets wider. Ergo my original suggestion to make the window scale to fit height not width. However now that sounds wrong, and probably you want to somehow get the image to do scale to fit available space after the rest of the content is laid out. Or.. just make the image a lot smaller!

It's a bit crazier than that, but I'll have an update out this morning which should fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this mod supposed to be compatible with "KRASH"?

I've just got my first two deaths in my hard mode career save. I then checked State Funding, and the number of "accidents" is 30+. I expected to see just the two.

I did take a quick look at the code, but I do not understand how state is persisted, or how it is rolled back by KRASH.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:47 AM, outworlder said:

Is this mod supposed to be compatible with "KRASH"?

I've just got my first two deaths in my hard mode career save. I then checked State Funding, and the number of "accidents" is 30+. I expected to see just the two.

I did take a quick look at the code, but I do not understand how state is persisted, or how it is rolled back by KRASH.

Okay I think I figured it out, if you have a ship with parts that drop off, say like in my situation it was 8 dropped stages (4 fleas, 4 tanks) , they will be consider accidents if they are dropped onto the Kerbal Space Center area, I had 6 of em drop on the launch pad and 2 got far enough away. Depending on how you accident happened @outworlder that could be why you had so many accidents.

On 1/23/2018 at 8:07 AM, Caithloki said:

Okay I think I figured it out, if you have a ship with parts that drop off, say like in my situation it was 8 dropped stages (4 fleas, 4 tanks) , they will be consider accidents if they are dropped onto the Kerbal Space Center area, I had 6 of em drop on the launch pad and 2 got far enough away. Depending on how you accident happened @outworlder that could be why you had so many accidents.

@Caithloki Ah, that could be it. I was pretty careless with dropped stages on that save.

• 1 month later...

This mod is great, but as stated above there are some bugs that cause your accident count to skyrocket after a single accident.

For me 1 death was equal 29 on the count and around -250 of on public opinion. Basically after a single small accident i was in the red for about  -1mln founds, that's rather insane.

25 minutes ago, Reizo said:

This mod is great, but as stated above there are some bugs that cause your accident count to skyrocket after a single accident.

For me 1 death was equal 29 on the count and around -250 of on public opinion. Basically after a single small accident i was in the red for about  -1mln founds, that's rather insane.

Not sure what you are referring to.  The accident count is more than just what for us is a single event.  And I'm not going to be putting too much time into this right now, not with 1.4 around the corner. I have worse bugs in another mod

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, wait for me to get the update out

Thank you very much! This mod is really cool, to be honest! Makes career mode much less of a grind. I thought of increasing the fundings for each contract, but if felt like I was cheating in a way. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.