[1.12.x] State Funding Continued - MM added as dependency

linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Not right away.  I'm busy with FMRS right now, haven't had time to look at this

ahhh ok. so not possible now, but a chance in the future?.... and how hard is it to throw this in mid save? i have been using monthly budgets, but would rather this.... but throwing it in mid save seems like ill have to recover from the funding drop...

Question for everybody about the funding periods:

State Funding currently works in quarters, in other words, you get your budget 4x/year.  

I'm working on making that flexible.  The easiest for me would be to have the funding periods tied to each government, so that some governments will fund every month, some will fund quarterly, some yearly, etc.  Does this make sense, or would you prefer to have a way to specify the funding periods independent of the governments?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Question for everybody about the funding periods:

State Funding currently works in quarters, in other words, you get your budget 4x/year.  

I'm working on making that flexible.  The easiest for me would be to have the funding periods tied to each government, so that some governments will fund every month, some will fund quarterly, some yearly, etc.  Does this make sense, or would you prefer to have a way to specify the funding periods independent of the governments?

id prefer a way to specify personally. but it makes sense to have it tied to the governments... and i can easily just go into the settings and change it, so im fine with that route

Ok, so I'm going to do a mix of the two:

First, a new field will be added, which will be the

budgetPeriodsPerYear = 4

I've already updated the first page documentation.

Then, there will be a settings page (standard KSP settings) on which you will be able to override the number for the specific game.

Right now I've set it to 4 for all governments, but need to review them to see if some make sense to have more or less frequent periods.

I'm also adding code to use the correct year length based on the homeworld, so that if you are using this with a planetary pack which changes the year's length, it will still work.

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not right away.  I'm busy with FMRS right now, haven't had time to look at this

I know its not the place but , Man you're awesome ! FMRS (HUGE YAY FOR THIS) , State Funding , Hullcam A dozen more mods  ,I literally wouldn't play ksp anymore without them :)

New release, 0.6.4:

•     Added SpaceK contributed by @Rock3tman_
  •     Added budgetPeriodsPerYear, to allow for more than (or less than) 4 periods/year
  •     Now using Planetarium.fetch.Home.orbit.period to get the correct orbial period of the homeworld.
  •     Added settings page for customization of budgetPeriodsPerYear and Enabled flag
  •     Added code to prevent mod from running if not CAREER
  •     Added option to stop warp at the start of a new budget period
  •     Added option to stop warp at end of year
  •     Fixed typo in new review available message
  •     Fixed position of new review available message to not cover tolbar
  •     Changed the budgetPeriodsPerYear on some governments to other than 4

I'm assuming you mean this:

name = KSKFP
longName = Kikkstarter Krowd Funding Platform
poModifier = 10
poPenaltyModifier = 5
scModifier = 15
scPenaltyModifier = 10
startingPO = 30
startingSC = 30
budget = 0.2
gdp = 80000000
budgetPeriodsPerYear = 42
description = Need money? Don't want controversy from choosing the "wrong" government? If so, choose Kikkstarter Crowd Funding Platform! You will earn money by donations. You will need them to have confidence in your space program,but you can't have a bad image either!

Can you please re-edit that, it's unreadable the way it is, and is messing up the pages.

Thanks, I'll add it in.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 3/5/2017 at 9:26 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not aware of any mods which are implementing font scaling, can you point me to them?

Sarbian's MechJeb for sure has font scaling.  Contracts+ has scaling.  SCANSat has entire window scaling, as does DPAI.

Also, maybe it doesn't need to immediately be a part you attach to enable surveillance capability, but instead just a module/generator/property that gets added to a part which marks it as having that capability.  That would make it easy to do a MM patch to tag the DMagic SIGINT / spy telescope parts for instance.

27 minutes ago, joacobanfield said:

Weren´t you looking for additional goverments?

He wants in-game government entities with deliberately planned, balanced properties defined in this mod's configuration syntax. If pointing out that "Luxembourg has a government" was all that was needed, there would be no need to ask for help.

Well it's official now if it wasn't before...you maintain about 1/3rd of all mods I'm using!  Amazing... :0.0:

Thanks much for reviving this one also.  I missed it when you brought it back a few weeks ago but since I just borked my career save with an untimely uninstall I'm starting new so can use this properly!  Love the fact that you've asked for and are adding new governments.  It was something that was always missing for this mod.  In an effort to make sure that @Rock3tman_'s SpaceK doesn't run away with the commercial ventures here's their competition...

Spoiler

Item
    {
        name = KLA
        longName = Kerbal Launch Alliance
        poModifier = 1
        poPenaltyModifier =  3
        scModifier = 2
        scPenaltyModifier = 6
        startingPO = 50
        startingSC = 75
        budget = 0.1
        gdp = 16000000 
        budgetPeriodsPerYear = 12
        description = KLA is a joint venture between Klockheed-Martin and Bloeting Aerospace.  It was formed to provide (mostly)reliable service for various state agencies primarily in the USK as well as provide cost-efficient access to space for commercial ventures.  KLA's primary competition comes from Elon Kerman and his SpaceK organization who have recently won several government contracts previously held by KLA.  In an effort to spur public interest in space exploration CEO Bruno "Kory" Kerman recently announced plans to expand KLA's civilian commercial offerings including plans for a "Space Hotel".  Only time will tell if KLA can retain a large enough share of the government contracts while trying to impress a seemingly oblivious public more than SpaceK.
    }

Similar to SpaceK with the high risk problems of failure but offering a modicum of balance between Public and State for funding purposes.  The short term test I ran with it was very similar to SpaceK but with lower payouts on average over the longer term and it tends to favor a more probe heavy style of play.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.