[1.12.x] State Funding Continued - MM added as dependency

linuxgurugamer

[snip]

Your release on Github is the same exact version as the one on Spacedock - version 0.6.18. I had no luck with the spacedock RELEASE, which I had previously installed, along with the dependencies, before attempting to use the github repo as the spacedock release did not work, so unless there's something different between the 0.6.18 uploaded on spacedock and the one uploaded to github, I don't see what will be different. Either way, I will give it a try and report back to you momentarily.

Edited by Vanamonde

@Raptor22, I think you should be more cautious and consider the advice here.

@linuxgurugamer is a long established programmer and KSP mod author.  He supports over 200 KSP mods because he is that good and organized in his method for handling mods and taking them through KSP version updates.  He is one of a few people who make and maintain the mods that many people, including me, think are essential for taking KSP from a good to a fantastic game.  And like them he does this all voluntarily in his free time for no concrete benefit.

I may not have been coding as much as LGG, but I have coded as long as he had.  I've also expanded to supporting hardware, systems, and networks and I've had to troubleshoot many an issue, including finding the root cause of software installation issues.  I've also manually modded KSP for years.  Recently, as LGG suggests, I've mostly switched to using CKAN as it helps me spend less time tinkering and more time playing.

First, as LGG indicates and as there are no other complains when the Spacedock stats show this mod is in common use, your issue is likely an install issue.  To fix this, you should clean out this mod and its dependencies from your GameData tree and download and reinstall all of them carefully.

Second, the way you say you download a copy of the mod source is not the first option you should be using.  That tree will only be complete for a given patch on its particular branch.  This could easily be a testing version that may have issues that the mod author is still working out.  Also,  this mod on GitHub has 16 branches.  Which one is current isn't obvious and could easily change.  Only those working on the software should be looking at that.

Normally, I'd use CKAN, but I checked manual install.  I went to Spacedock for this mod from the link in the original post, clicked on Download, and got a zip with the GameData tree for this mod in it.  That what I used for years (with the software JSGME to add and remove mods) and it looks good.

Do this for the dependent mods (ModuleManager, ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarController) as well as ZeroMiniAVC (which is also needed now due to changes in KSP).  Clean out your GameData tree of the files and subdirectories those mods include.  Then reinstall them.  Then try testing it.

If that doesn't work, get a snapshot of your GameData tree as well as the logs from that run and post a link here.

54 minutes ago, Jacke said:

@Raptor22, I think you should be more cautious and consider the advice here.

@linuxgurugamer is a long established programmer and KSP mod author.  He supports over 200 KSP mods because he is that good and organized in his method for handling mods and taking them through KSP version updates.  He is one of a few people who make and maintain the mods that many people, including me, think are essential for taking KSP from a good to a fantastic game.  And like them he does this all voluntarily in his free time for no concrete benefit.

I may not have been coding as much as LGG, but I have coded as long as he had.  I've also expanded to supporting hardware, systems, and networks and I've had to troubleshoot many an issue, including finding the root cause of software installation issues.  I've also manually modded KSP for years.  Recently, as LGG suggests, I've mostly switched to using CKAN as it helps me spend less time tinkering and more time playing.

First, as LGG indicates and as there are no other complains when the Spacedock stats show this mod is in common use, your issue is likely an install issue.  To fix this, you should clean out this mod and its dependencies from your GameData tree and download and reinstall all of them carefully.

Second, the way you say you download a copy of the mod source is not the first option you should be using.  That tree will only be complete for a given patch on its particular branch.  This could easily be a testing version that may have issues that the mod author is still working out.  Also,  this mod on GitHub has 16 branches.  Which one is current isn't obvious and could easily change.  Only those working on the software should be looking at that.

Normally, I'd use CKAN, but I checked manual install.  I went to Spacedock for this mod from the link in the original post, clicked on Download, and got a zip with the GameData tree for this mod in it.  That what I used for years (with the software JSGME to add and remove mods) and it looks good.

Do this for the dependent mods (ModuleManager, ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarController) as well as ZeroMiniAVC (which is also needed now due to changes in KSP).  Clean out your GameData tree of the files and subdirectories those mods include.  Then reinstall them.  Then try testing it.

If that doesn't work, get a snapshot of your GameData tree as well as the logs from that run and post a link here.

Linux and I already worked things out in DMs earlier. The issues have been resolved - from what I can tell, I ended up pulling the wrong copy of StateFunding which did not have the DLL in it. 

And yes, I am aware of Linux's legendary record - I meant no disrespect earlier, and I apologize once again if I got a bit heated.

Edited by Raptor22

• 11 months later...

There seems to be a bug with the latest release [0.6.18.1, CKAN] where the "vessels destroyed" penalty is readded every time the "Current State" page is refreshed. This also affects the actual quarterly update result (i.e. the inflated penalty is actually applied). Not sure if this affects other stats, but it does not affect the "govt. Contracts Completed" bonus, at least.

4 hours ago, LAXL02 said:

There seems to be a bug with the latest release [0.6.18.1, CKAN] where the "vessels destroyed" penalty is readded every time the "Current State" page is refreshed. This also affects the actual quarterly update result (i.e. the inflated penalty is actually applied). Not sure if this affects other stats, but it does not affect the "govt. Contracts Completed" bonus, at least.

Can you provide  set of steps to replicate this, please?  It would just save me some time, thanks

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you provide  set of steps to replicate this, please?  It would just save me some time, thanks

sure.

1. Start new career game

2. Pick your funding nation (I picked one with 66 payouts a month, which will be relevant later)(actually I picked KLA, wich only have 12)

3. let a few payouts pass by. ( 5 in my case)

3b(?) crash ship here...

4. Set the yearly payouts difficulty setting to 4.

4b(?) ...or here, I can't remember exactly. (definitely works)

5. open the SFc app in the space center, click on "current review", note the penalties.

6. click "current review" again, with or without changing to a different tab in the menu.

That's about it. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix it for the player, once it has happened, save for possibly starting a new game.(won't help) Also not sure if steps 2, 3 and 4 are actually required. (they're not necessary) Haven't actually had time to play KSP since I made the last post.

Edited by LAXL02
Clarifications and post-testing updates

3 hours ago, LAXL02 said:

sure.

1. Start new career game

2. Pick your funding nation (I picked one with 66 payouts a month, which will be relevant later)(actually I picked KLA, wich only have 12)

3. let a few payouts pass by. ( 5 in my case)

3b(?) crash ship here...

4. Set the yearly payouts difficulty setting to 4.

4b(?) ...or here, I can't remember exactly. (definitely works)

5. open the SFc app in the space center, click on "current review", note the penalties.

6. click "current review" again, with or without changing to a different tab in the menu.

That's about it. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix it for the player, once it has happened, save for possibly starting a new game.(won't help) Also not sure if steps 2, 3 and 4 are actually required. (they're not necessary) Haven't actually had time to play KSP since I made the last post.

Ok, that will be very helpful.  Once I can replicate it, I'll be able to fix it.  

New release, 0.16.8.2

• Fixed repeated updates when lost vessel causing multiple penalties
  • (internal) Added name identifier to Factors for easier identification
  • Fixed issue when closing a review, would need to click the toolbar button 2x to get it to open again

• 1 month later...

Love the mod so far, but I'm having an issue with this registering satellites. I am new to this scene, so sorry if I'm missing something here.
For my modset I'm essentially using just Kerbalism with RealAntennas.
My comm sats are simple enough, an Octo, vanilla solar panels, and a Communotron-16. Since the first two are just from vanilla, I suspected RA is changing something under the hood, so I added this block into
StateFunding\data\modulealiases.settings under the other antenna aliases.

Item
            {
                name = ModuleRealAntenna
            }

Loaded back in after and loaded a few of the satellites, but still wasn't seeing them registered. Maybe I'm not using the right alias for RA? Thanks for your work regardless!

FIXED: Just realized the mod needed to be reloaded via Difficulty settings for an existing save. Everything works as intended now. I've also submitted a PR over on GitHub.

Edited by Krieve

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't support Kerbalism, it changes too many things.

Go to the Kerbalism thread for support.

Sorry

No worries, good to know in the future.
I managed to fix it as I said earlier, it was an issue with RealAntennas changing the antenna modules. The alias is already provided in  that reply in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.
Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

Is there an incompatibility with RSS or custom planet packs? It recognizes the planets correctly, but no matter how many satellites I put around earth, it still shows Earth 0/10. All with the biggest probes, antennas, and solar panels.

not sure I understand.  Pics & log file, please

• 4 months later...

It seems that declining a contract from mission control counts as a failed contract. I had to learn this after losing all my funding to a -175 state confidence score ;.;. Is there any way I can disable this from happening? My current solution is editing the save to remove failed contracts, but I want to leave room for ACTUALLY failing contracts too.

14 hours ago, I-iz-Zed said:

It seems that declining a contract from mission control counts as a failed contract. I had to learn this after losing all my funding to a -175 state confidence score ;.;. Is there any way I can disable this from happening? My current solution is editing the save to remove failed contracts, but I want to leave room for ACTUALLY failing contracts too.

Not really, just don't decline them for now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.