SUGGESTION: More career in science mode.

Hey,

For me, at least career mode isn't for most fitting, because i cant build whatever i want.

So Science mode is mainly what i play, But i think there should be more career stuff in science. 

Example: You can upgrade Facilities by science points instead of fully upgraded ones. And another main thing is that contracts in science mode, because sometimes it gets boring.

I am glad that kerbal experience can be turned on at science mode, but it still needs more career options.

Of course this can be achieve by playing career and max out money and then remove science points when upgrading facilities and reconfig contracts, but it does not feel same.

i am really glad if these thing get added to KSP.

Cheers. 

It's possible to fuse career and science modes into one. The player would have the ability to do experiments and progress, do contracts and progress or do both and progress. But the way science points work is in the way.

On February 26, 2017 at 3:33 AM, SolidJuho said:

Hey,

For me, at least career mode isn't for most fitting, because i cant build whatever i want.

So Science mode is mainly what i play, But i think there should be more career stuff in science. 

Example: You can upgrade Facilities by science points instead of fully upgraded ones. And another main thing is that contracts in science mode, because sometimes it gets boring.

I am glad that kerbal experience can be turned on at science mode, but it still needs more career options.

Of course this can be achieve by playing career and max out money and then remove science points when upgrading facilities and reconfig contracts, but it does not feel same.

i am really glad if these thing get added to KSP.

Cheers. 

It seems we are in the same boat, my friend... I'm also playing with Kerbal XP in science mode...

My opinion is that there should just be a custom difficulty screen for each game where you can turn on or off things like science, money, quicksaves etc.

Then everyone gets the game they want. No need for science mode or career or even sandbox, they would all be the same type of game with custom difficulty settings.

Sandbox is just career with no contracts, science, funds, or experience for example. Mix and match for ultimate happy making!

Choose which icon you want for your save too if you like.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:09 AM, John FX said:

My opinion is that there should just be a custom difficulty screen for each game where you can turn on or off things like science, money, quicksaves etc.

Then everyone gets the game they want. No need for science mode or career or even sandbox, they would all be the same type of game with custom difficulty settings.

Sandbox is just career with no contracts, science, funds, or experience for example. Mix and match for ultimate happy making!

Yes!  This!

On 27.2.2017 at 4:09 PM, John FX said:

Totally agree. True question is: Will this come to KSP?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.