Mk1 "Arrow" Spaceplane

This looks like an airplane (not a spaceplane), although a skilled pilot might actually get this into a suborbital flight. Remember that the difference between airplane and spaceplane is that airplane can't (or at least shouldn't) go into space, and spaceplane uses wings for atmospheric flight/gliding but is made to go into space. Contrary to popular opinion, spaceplanes don't have to be single stage craft, there are lots of good two-stage spaceplanes or ones that are launched on a rocket. For example, real-world spaceplanes are the X-37B, X-15, and Space Shuttle. Skylon is a SSTO spaceplane project under development.

1 hour ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

How does into space?

well,it doesnt go to space,but i found out it can go to the old island runway and back,2 TIMES!

55 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

This looks like an airplane (not a spaceplane), although a skilled pilot might actually get this into a suborbital flight. Remember that the difference between airplane and spaceplane is that airplane can't (or at least shouldn't) go into space, and spaceplane uses wings for atmospheric flight/gliding but is made to go into space. Contrary to popular opinion, spaceplanes don't have to be single stage craft, there are lots of good two-stage spaceplanes or ones that are launched on a rocket. For example, real-world spaceplanes are the X-37B, X-15, and Space Shuttle. Skylon is a SSTO spaceplane project under development.

i meant airplane! im too used to typing in "spaceplane" instead of "airplane"

4 minutes ago, StubbornJeb said:

well,it doesnt go to space,but i found out it can go to the old island runway and back,2 TIMES!

i meant airplane! im too used to typing in "spaceplane" instead of "airplane"

I can build a craft that can go there and back 3 times :sticktongue:. That distance isn't really impressive, but you're new here so there's no reason to make that something negative :wink:. What I can say is that the air/spaceplane doesn't need the additional small intakes, the Diverterless Supersonic Intake is big enough for a Panther engine and has good air supply at all speeds.

Also, could you please give a download link? I think I can get this into space myself :cool:

Edited by TheDestroyer111

Just now, TheDestroyer111 said:

I can build a craft that can go there and back 3 times :sticktongue:. That distance isn't really impressive, but you're new here so there's no reason to make that something negative :wink:. What I can say is that the spaceplane doesn't need the additional small intakes, the Diverterless Supersonic Intake is big enough for a Panther engine and has good air supply at all speeds.

Thanks for the advice! Also,im only good at making airplanes/spaceplanes Mk1 style.Do you have any tips and tricks for building Mk2 styled airplanes/spaceplanes/ssto's? That would be great :D 

8 minutes ago, StubbornJeb said:

Thanks for the advice! Also,im only good at making airplanes/spaceplanes Mk1 style.Do you have any tips and tricks for building Mk2 styled airplanes/spaceplanes/ssto's? That would be great :D 

Building an Mk2 air/spaceplane has almost no difference from building Mk1 air/space planes. I see that you are building fighter-like aircraft, you might want to start by building a plane with one Mk1 cockpit, Mk2 fuselage behind it (attached on the short Mk1-Mk2 adapter) and using two engines on a Mk2 Bicoupler (or however that part is called). You might want to look at some real-life fighters such as the F-15 Eagle, F-22 Raptor, or Dassault Rafale.

Building an Mk2 air/spaceplane has almost no difference from building Mk1 air/space planes. I see that you are building fighter-like aircraft, you might want to start by building a plane with one Mk1 cockpit, Mk2 fuselage behind it (attached on the short Mk1-Mk2 adapter) and using two engines on a Mk2 Bicoupler (or however that part is called). You might want to look at some real-life fighters such as the F-15 Eagle, F-22 Raptor, or Dassault Rafale.

thank you!

21 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

I can build a craft that can go there and back 3 times :sticktongue:. That distance isn't really impressive, but you're new here so there's no reason to make that something negative :wink:. What I can say is that the air/spaceplane doesn't need the additional small intakes, the Diverterless Supersonic Intake is big enough for a Panther engine and has good air supply at all speeds.

Also, could you please give a download link? I think I can get this into space myself :cool:

well,uh......i dont know how to make ships downloadable.But i gave a full view of it,so maaaaaaybe you can copy it?

15 minutes ago, StubbornJeb said:

thank you!

well,uh......i dont know how to make ships downloadable.But i gave a full view of it,so maaaaaaybe you can copy it?

You can put it on a website like dropbox/google drive (just make sure to make it public so that I can download it) and post a link. Note: MediaFire is not allowed on the KSP forum due to certain bad ads appearing on the website. You can also use KerbalX, which is a website for KSP craft sharing, but you'll have to register there.

You can put it on a website like dropbox/google drive (just make sure to make it public so that I can download it) and post a link. Note: MediaFire is not allowed on the KSP forum due to certain bad ads appearing on the website. You can also use KerbalX, which is a website for KSP craft sharing, but you'll have to register there.

thank you.

39 minutes ago, StubbornJeb said:

Something like this: 

JMoFjk2.png

(dV 5000+ m/s on Low Kerbin Orbit)

On 26/02/2017 at 1:05 PM, StubbornJeb said:

Don't do it !

Nah really,  make a mk1 first.  Mk2 fuselage has 4 times the drag of mk1, it is actually a  lot harder to get a mk2 design in space.  To overcome the drag you need a lot of engines, which add loads of dry mass and cut down your delta v.  Mk1 can do space so long as the cockpit is located 3 or 4 modules back to keep it away from re-entry heat, and provided you are reasonably generous with wing area.

Mk1 because of the lower drag, and therefore less engines, mk1 fuel margins are much easier  .  You don't need to worry about advanced drag reducing tricks like adding incidence to the wings.

1 hour ago, AeroGav said:

Don't do it !

Nah really,  make a mk1 first.  Mk2 fuselage has 4 times the drag of mk1, it is actually a  lot harder to get a mk2 design in space.  To overcome the drag you need a lot of engines, which add loads of dry mass and cut down your delta v.  Mk1 can do space so long as the cockpit is located 3 or 4 modules back to keep it away from re-entry heat, and provided you are reasonably generous with wing area.

Mk1 because of the lower drag, and therefore less engines, mk1 fuel margins are much easier  .  You don't need to worry about advanced drag reducing tricks like adding incidence to the wings.

thanks alot :)

52 minutes ago, StubbornJeb said:

A while back i made a post about my mk1 spaceplane,and people demanded the download link,so here ya go,now you can stop asking me:

https://kerbalx.com/StubbornJeb/Mk1-Arrow-Airplane

I hope you enjoy,bye! @TheDestroyer111

You should update your old post with the link instead of making a new one FYI

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.