GregroxMun

[1.7.3] Seven Worlds around SLIPPIST-1 (v0.8.0) Update August 8th 2019

Posted (edited)
On 11/29/2018 at 3:01 PM, AloE said:

1.4.5 EVE spams the log with exceptions SLIPPIST1 = "NullRefference...Object reference not set to an instance of an object" & TRAPPIST1 = " "invalid matrix index!" shown in the following images:

@GregroxMun I have identified that it is planets 1g & 1h that create the error spam that terribly slows things down when they are in view when using EVE.  with version 0.8.0 the error given has a different name than my prior post with 0.6.0 pasted above...I would greatly appreciate your insights as to what I should look for in the configs for 1g & 1h that could cause KSP/EVE to throw such an exception...i would very much like to use EVE with your mod!

EDIT update: it seems to be related to EVE shadows & handling of caster settings for 1f, 1g & 1h...

for TRAPPIST1the exception is not thrown when I remove caster information for 1g & 1h from the SLIPPIST1 "shadows.cfg" & also from "trappist_gravity_model_slippist1.cfg" ...

but for SLIPPIST1 1g also appears to be affected & the exception thrown for 1g is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I would appreciate your ideas as to what in the caster configs might cause "IndexOutOfRange" exception type problem for 1g & 1h (& also 1f in default SLIPPIST1)

Here is the specific error name in 0.8.0 (KSP 1.4.5 EDU in my case) that spams the console & a link to an album with the video screen record that identifies that it is only caused when planets 1g & 1h are 'in view' = can be below the horizon & cause the error spam: (which only occurs if EVE is loaded, which is why I have kept it out of my GameData folder for now...)

link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wcBH3gUvgcGrwtxA6

TRAPPIST1:

1yBGyHa.png

SLIPPIST1:

9NYCkju.png

Thanks!

Edited by AloE

Ladies and gentlemen,  you are about to witness a grown man crying.  I downloaded the ksp 1.6 version and my game won't even load the main menu. All i get is the loading wheel (orbits?) spinning like crazy and nothing else. How di i fix???

19 hours ago, Ravenspetdragon said:

Ladies and gentlemen,  you are about to witness a grown man crying.  I downloaded the ksp 1.6 version and my game won't even load the main menu. All i get is the loading wheel (orbits?) spinning like crazy and nothing else. How di i fix???

In all honesty, I'd start by asking in the support forum rather than here :)

Also we're on 1.7.x now? Not sure why or how you went and got 1.6.

On 9/5/2019 at 4:25 PM, eddiew said:

In all honesty, I'd start by asking in the support forum rather than here :)

Also we're on 1.7.x now? Not sure why or how you went and got 1.6.

Oh! Sorry. Didn't think about that.

And i (like the dunce I am) bought it on GOG a while back and don't have the money to buy it on steam yet.