Giant Flag Pack (500 Flags)

Trekky0623

This is a pack of 500 flags from nations, fiction, organizations, history, movements. . . All kinds of flags. The goal of this pack was to make the flags in such a way so that they were aesthetically pleasing at KSP's 16:10 flag ratio. I've often seen flags taken from other sources resized to fit KSP's ratio, and too often they come out distorted. For example:

5d7z0PO.png

Using construction sheets for the flags, I've instead made each flag by hand to be (a) the correct ratio, and (b) stay true to the flag's construction as much as possible in terms of the size of objects and their placement.

gFzUKdl.png

This pack includes:

• 216 flags from nations and autonomous regions
  • 81 state and provincial flags
  • 107 flags from various fictional media (Fallout, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Futurama, The Expanse)
  • 22 flags from various organizations
  • 55 flags from history (including 40 American flags with various counts of stars)
  • 9 flags from various movements
  • 10 miscellaneous flags

In 2 flavors:

Flags without overlay (MEGA)

Flags with overlay (MEGA)

In the future I may add more flags.

How to install flags.

Spoiler

Place flags in GameData/Squad/Flags, or some other subfolder in the GameData folder, as long as they are in a folder called "Flags".

88x31.png

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Edited by Trekky0623
Updated links

2 hours ago, Trekky0623 said:

I didn't think this belonged in the Add-On forum, so I put it here.

Moving to Add-on Releases, on the grounds that if you're providing content that's intended to be added to KSP, then that's essentially what this is.

I've snipped the links, since you don't provide any license information for your downloads.  Please add a license in the download as well as in your OP. Thanks!

48 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

Forgive my artistic ignorance, but what's the difference between those with overlay and those without?

Overlay = wavy

23 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

A reasonable collection. But I am sorry to say not very useful. For KSP flags need to be 256*160.

And for KSP you do not need to add the wrinkle overlay. The game does that for you.

Do they? I thought 512 x 320 would work. I'll test when I get home. If not I'll do a quick update. 

Edited by Trekky0623

3 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

I tried a couple of them and they worked ok.

Thanks. I thought they would. The flags have to be in a ratio of 16:10 and are usually 256x160, but in my experience increasing that to 512x320 gives better resolution. I'll upload some 256 versions though.

13 hours ago, Trekky0623 said:

Thanks. I thought they would. The flags have to be in a ratio of 16:10 and are usually 256x160, but in my experience increasing that to 512x320 gives better resolution. I'll upload some 256 versions though.

OK. I never tried any other resolution than 256*160, as far as I knew that was the required size. Since @nukeboyt confirmed 512x320 works just as well I will withdraw my comment.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Flart Presents: Fun with Flags

Flag of Belarus was changed in 2012 from this

84rMTY6.png

to this

Qs3e6L4.png

but in the package you have a strange mix of them. (a ornament from the second one,  more aсid colors from the first one):

e7lZzG7.png

Edited by flart

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you so much for this contribution.

I would love to see an Anarcho-Capitalist flag. Seems obscure but I noticed the AnCom flag so I figured I would ask. As anarchists have trouble agreeing, there are several options but anything Yellow and Black would work. And/or a "Rothbardian - Anti-War - Pro-Market" flag, white outline of Rothbard's profile on black, many images online, would be great. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.