A little Space Station with your help...

HELLO!

I have finally perfected how to build space stations and dock crafts, and now I have recently visited Dres!

I have a new idea:

First: Is there a Kommunity Space Station I could add a module to? If no, look at #2-

Second: Can I MAKE one? If so...

If so, I need to know a way I can download the files for your modules, and remember- NO MODS! KEEP IT VANILLA!

I will only send up the main module with the 4 docking nodes, and the spacetug. The rest can be sent up by you guys!

If this isn't possible, see if you can send me a video of your module in the VAB and then I'll try my best to recreate it!

Catch y'all later!

In the top right-hand corner of your screen is a small window called "search". I'd suggest you use it. Search for "Community Space Station".

But since the forum search is pretty crappy you'll get better and faster results using Google instead.

Rather than barely-helpful sarcasm, I'll provide you with an answer. There is a community space station thread in existence. It can be found in the Challenges subforum here:

@Tex_NL I don't see why you couldn't have just helped out and provided an answer, since you appear to be active enough on the forums to have seen the Community Space Station thread (seeing as it's difficult to miss if you go into the Challenges subforum at all). Even though independently searching for a thread would be the ideal, the fact that this person asked whether such a thread exists is better than if they had just gone ahead and unknowingly started a duplicate thread. I've seen several chains of duplicate threads when forum newbies who really don't understand how the forum works have all tried to start a thread for an existing topic, and it really just adds a lot of unnecessary clutter to the forums because their threads subsequently get populated by more forum newbies who also don't realize that there's been a long-standing thread for exactly the same topic elsewhere in the forums. This thread may also add a bit of unnecessary clutter, but at least any other forum newbies who see it will now find out very quickly that the long-standing thread does exist and will be redirected to it.

@Imanukekaboom It's generally best to have a look through the first pages of all five of the General KSP subforums to find out if a thread on a particular topic does exist (or the other subforums if it's a more specific topic that doesn't quite fall under the idea of "general KSP", such as modding discussion). I can see why you thought that a community space station would be in the Spacecraft Exchange subforum, but it's actually existed in the Challenges subforum for several iterations of the thread. This sort of thing can happen quite frequently, with threads being where you might not expect them to be based on whatever logic you use to find topics in the forums, so it usually is a good idea to look through other subforums as well before posting a question in a new thread to ask if the topic already exists or if you should start a new thread for it.

@eloquentJane
I understand why you feel this way. I even agree to some extent. I've always been prepared to answer question or offer help and assistance. But there is one thing I will NOT do. And that is spoon-feed people an answer. Especially when the effort to ask the question here is more than is required to find the answer yourself. Instead I will point people in the right direction where they can find their own answer. And yes, that can sometimes be rather direct or harsh. But it will teach a lesson of self reliance.
In this case simply google-ing "KSP community space station" would have answered the question for the full 100%. Next time @Imanukekaboom knows where to find his answers.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll feed himself for a lifetime.

On 2/28/2017 at 10:06 AM, Tex_NL said:

In the top right-hand corner of your screen is a small window called "search". I'd suggest you use it. Search for "Community Space Station".

But since the forum search is pretty crappy you'll get better and faster results using Google instead.

I made this post because it took over an hour to load the search results, due to both the forum and our internet. 

On 2/28/2017 at 0:43 PM, eloquentJane said:

Rather than barely-helpful sarcasm, I'll provide you with an answer. There is a community space station thread in existence. It can be found in the Challenges subforum here:

@Tex_NL I don't see why you couldn't have just helped out and provided an answer, since you appear to be active enough on the forums to have seen the Community Space Station thread (seeing as it's difficult to miss if you go into the Challenges subforum at all). Even though independently searching for a thread would be the ideal, the fact that this person asked whether such a thread exists is better than if they had just gone ahead and unknowingly started a duplicate thread. I've seen several chains of duplicate threads when forum newbies who really don't understand how the forum works have all tried to start a thread for an existing topic, and it really just adds a lot of unnecessary clutter to the forums because their threads subsequently get populated by more forum newbies who also don't realize that there's been a long-standing thread for exactly the same topic elsewhere in the forums. This thread may also add a bit of unnecessary clutter, but at least any other forum newbies who see it will now find out very quickly that the long-standing thread does exist and will be redirected to it.

@Imanukekaboom It's generally best to have a look through the first pages of all five of the General KSP subforums to find out if a thread on a particular topic does exist (or the other subforums if it's a more specific topic that doesn't quite fall under the idea of "general KSP", such as modding discussion). I can see why you thought that a community space station would be in the Spacecraft Exchange subforum, but it's actually existed in the Challenges subforum for several iterations of the thread. This sort of thing can happen quite frequently, with threads being where you might not expect them to be based on whatever logic you use to find topics in the forums, so it usually is a good idea to look through other subforums as well before posting a question in a new thread to ask if the topic already exists or if you should start a new thread for it.

OMG thank you so much!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.