Space station/ docking port problems

Seems like I run into a lot of issues suddenly :D.

Anyway, I built a station, but I notice that, as soon as I go out of time warp (not physical tw), the station starts to shake heavily around the docking ports. I tried autostrutting the station together (I set it that "root part"), but that doesn't work.

I run an unmodded version of KSP 1.2.2. All docking ports on the station are affected by this.

I've said it MANY times before. And I am going to say it once more:

Autostruts are evil! They are the spawn of the devil. Use them with extreme prejudice.

Use the [Alt]+[F12] debug menu to visualize them and remove ALL autostruts from your station. Nearly guaranteed this will subdue the Kraken.

I use autostruts all the time and haven't had that problem...so, while removing them entirely did solve your problem, there was possibly something else going on that could also have fixed it.

14 hours ago, Tyko said:

I use autostruts all the time and haven't had that problem...so, while removing them entirely did solve your problem, there was possibly something else going on that could also have fixed it.

Trust me, it was autostruts.
It has been mentioned MANY times before on the forum and I have experienced it my self a few times. Add autostruts and you'll wake the Kraken. Remove them and all is quiet. Add them again and all hell breaks loose again.

If you've never experienced it I envy you. When your station suddenly starts doing the Kraken dance you'll do good to remember my words.

8 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

It has been mentioned MANY times before on the forum and I have experienced it my self a few times. Add autostruts and you'll wake the Kraken. Remove them and all is quiet. Add them again and all hell breaks loose again.

If you've never experienced it I envy you. When your station suddenly starts doing the Kraken dance you'll do good to remember my words.

I believe you've had problems, but just saying there's something different with the way each of are using autostruts that's affecting stability.

My normal process is:

• Engines -> Root
  • Root -> Heaviest Part
  • All docking ports -> Heaviest Part
  • Stage Decouplers -> Heaviest Part
  • LRB/SRB -> Grandparent part

the only time I've had problems was when I induced way too much torque on the system - a ship with a ton of reaction wheels attached to a 4 kiloton asteroid through a Klaw.

Rather than saying "autostrut = evil" perhaps we can identify why you're having problems.

Edited by Tyko

On 01/03/2017 at 0:27 PM, Tex_NL said:

It has been mentioned MANY times before on the forum and I have experienced it my self a few times.

I had the same issue, no autostrust used. Actualy no struts at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.