[WIP] Milan's Prefab Housing and Rocket Parts

duesenmilan

Hi there,

I am quite new to the community, but not all that new to the game (I started with 23.5). But this is about Add-on Development, so without further ado...

To start from the beginning, I am playing with Kerbal Konstructs since the 64-bit version of KSP allows me to play with literally any mod i like. Having new launch sites and so on is quite cool, but i was also missing some other buildings on Kerbin. I know ther is the Kerbal City project and some other like this, but here the design of the buildings is not Kerbal enough in my opinion.

So one day, looking something up in Google I stumbled upon this... and I knew exactly, that I want it in KSP.

2_gioe2g.jpg

I am planning to recreate this very cool house for Kerbal Konstructs as my first ever mod for KSP (besides tinkering with cfg files and sometimes with textures)

I thought it my knowledge in CAD modelling might be helpful, but it seems to make it even more complicated. So here is a first look into my progress. I am not quite satisfied with it yet, but glad to have something anyway.

AET6QNt.jpg

So what do you think, is this something somebody out there wants? A nice Home for Jeb, Bill, Bob or Valentina without any further function.

If you want more pictures of this fantastic Kerbal house standing in Australia, look here. This architect did some other cool buildings as well.

Woah, that's a cool looking house!

Welcome to the modding community! I certainly wouldn't mind having a house like that in KSP... 

What about making it into a colony base system? I want to launch that house to Laythe. Boom, instant beach house.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it won't be too hard to make it an actual part you can get to anywhere. I was more thinking of it as a nice static sitting on some ncie places on Kerbin.

Making it a whole planetary base mod is not in my mind (yet). First I want to more or less finish this house, than I had a submarine based launchpad in mind, or perhaps reviving this.

But first of all I will need a new mouse because mine has a broken wheel and middle mouse button, which both seems quite essential for 3D modelling.

27 minutes ago, duesenmilan said:

perhaps reviving this.

That sort of works still but it really needs a texture update

On 28/02/2017 at 5:09 PM, duesenmilan said:

So what do you think, is this something somebody out there wants? A nice Home for Jeb, Bill, Bob or Valentina without any further function.

I like it and the concept in particular,  I'm big fan, user and creator  (and hoarder) of stuff for KK, so if you need any help when it comes to getting it in KK and any troubles drop me a pm.

19 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That sort of works still but it really needs a texture update

Last time I tried the door would have stopped my rocket quite rapidly, if I could have launched one in the first place. It seems it needs a node to launch from, which should be a quick patch in Unity. Regarding textures I think they are a little simple indeed, but I have no idea yet how to enhance them.

And thanks for helping offer, I might come back to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.