Another game mode

There are currently three game modes:

Career - get everything through playing

Science - Everything is free, like sandbox, but the tech tree isn't unlocked

Sandbox - Everything is free, tech tree unlocked

What about a fourth game mode where the tech tree is unlocked, but rockets cost money and missions can be taken. This would be similar to the science mode, but opposite. Rockets would cost but the tech tree would be unlocked. 

For me, who screw up game saves by installing and then uninstalling mods(often creating permanent damage to the saves that I didn't back up before installing) it is just a pain in the ass to rebuild everything, including the tech tree. Besides, Sandbox does not have a money limitation which, in my opinion, makes it boring. ANd I can't accept missions because "the building is closed". 

Sandbox also makes any of the science modules useless, but in this new proposed game mode, the science modules would still be available and usable. For two purposes: 1) Get all the science readings from every planet and every biome; and 2) Sell out research rights when in need of money.

you dont even need the cheat menu if that makes you feel dirty. Just start a new career, but bump up the science rewards to max.
|You should be able to tick off the tech tree in a few launches

Edited by Blaarkies

21 hours ago, SickSix said:

I think a pure economy mode would be nice. Without having to fiddle with cheats.

That was the intent of the mode: Economy matters, but you can take surveys and sell out research rights when in need. After corrupting a save, I created a new one and edited the save file to get enough research points to max out the tech tree. Because going around with solid fuel booster as the only engine is really annoying and boring. After having maxed out the tech tree once and it took years in kerbal time, and I grinded science with MLP around the sun. It just feels like a waste of (kerbal and my) time

On 1.3.2017 at 8:39 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Alt-F12, Cheats, Maximum Technology button at the bottom.

Could never get that to work, the menu never showed up. And yes I tried at the correct screen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.