Forum's migration to vBulletin

aLeXmOrA

Hi,

One of my tasks for this update is to implement vBulletin Forums into the KSP Server. It is a more reliable and powerful tool that can handle the actual Forum members count and also it\'s a better way for us to get to you with Dev blog posts and in a more organized way.

For that, I have to announce that at some point of this week KSP Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, so I can start making tests for the Forum\'s migration.

I hope that all this doesn\'t take more than a couple of days and we have our Forums back up through this week.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

As you can see, KSP is now on vBulletin Forums and we're still working to make it work as it should.

Meanwhile, you are welcome to take a look and try the new features of this forum engine.

By the way, you have to reset your passwords.

Enjoy!

Cheers.

Edited by N3X15
Emphasis

Although we fiddled with the import script to get it to work as best as possible, there's still some leftover glitches. So, here's a guide for everyone trying to fix their sigs or posts:

Broken Images

vB doesn't use the width and height attributes, so change:

[img width=# height=#]URL[/img]

to:

[img=URL]

Quote Tags

Change:

[quote author=USERNAME link=topic=140.msg677#msg677 date=1310512911]
[/quote]

to:

[ quote=USERNAME]
[/quote]

Weird codes and bad quotes

vB stores post content differently. If you see ', change it to a single quote ('). As a result of trying to fix this, some single quotes were also escaped incorrectly by our upgrade script, resulting in a backslash before each singlequote. \' You can safely fix these.

Double-quotes may also be replaced with " for similar reasons and can be fixed safely.