[1.7.x] ReCoupler - Monocouple your bicouplers!

Booots

12 minutes ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

'Ello. May I ask what exactly the colour codes mean? That'd be useful to know, and I haven't seen anything telling me what they mean. I suppose the real question is: does red mean that the parts are connected? The parts in question are the 1.25 bicoupler, DMagic parts, and a reaction wheel.

The colour codes are just to differentiate the pairs of connected parts. So both red parts are connected. If there were also two green parts, they are connected to each other but not to the red ones, and so on. Except when you have a part that is part of more than one pair (like a tri-coupler paired with several parts). Then it'll highlight the colour of only one pair because I couldn't colour it multiple colours. Make sense?

• 3 months later...
When I found this my first worry was "does this work with Infernal Robotics", and the results are in:
https://imgur.com/M7Il3N5
https://imgur.com/yEVwRAi
It works just fine!
The I thought: How in Kraken did it take until march 2017 for somebody to make this mod! Thank you user Booots
Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper
pics or didn't happen!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 7:32 PM, eberkain said:

How do you make it not use blizzys toolbar?  Or rather, when toolbar is installed the stock bar app button is gone.  

It defaults to using blizzy's if Toolbar is installed. I didn't think to add an option to force use of the stock app button because I assumed people install Blizzy's to get away from the app launcher. Is that something I should add? It wouldn't be hard.

4 hours ago, Booots said:

It defaults to using blizzy's if Toolbar is installed. I didn't think to add an option to force use of the stock app button because I assumed people install Blizzy's to get away from the app launcher. Is that something I should add? It wouldn't be hard.

I only have blizzy installed to handle all the mechjeb buttons during the flight scene, its much easier than trying to use the drop down menu to get to everything.  I would rather all other buttons be on the stock toolbar. I think Toolbar Control might be useful for you if you have not seen it.    

• 1 month later...

Good news! This appears to be compatible with 1.4 without any need to be recompiled. Carry on with the versions you're using!

(Sorry @eberkain, this means I'll be holding off on an update for a little while longer so you'll still have to wait for your settings option.)

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, shachar2like said:

I'm a bit confused.

I can't really grasp what you are suggesting. Are you thinking of Kerbal Attachement System?

What 'ReCoupler' primarily does is 'fix a bug' with craft when they leave the VAB/SPH.

Say you use the bi-couplers or tri-couplers parts, like this TVR-400L_Stack_Quad-Adapter, add on 4x 1.25m engines, stack separators, and another Stack Quad-Adapter in reverse (so you can neatly enshroud the 4 engines) and then more rocket.

In unmodded KSP, the craft will have a major weakness: of those 4 engines+separators only one will be attached to the reverse Quad-Adapter!

This mod fixes that, by looking at nodes that have no attachments, and "glueing" them together.

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper
typo

• 10 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 3:09 PM, LetalDark said:

Not working in 1.6.1 :(

Do you have any screenshots, logs, mod list, or repo steps?

....because this is working perfectly fine for me in 1.6.1 both stock and with over 150 mods.....

Edited by Errol

• 1 year later...

Apologies for practicing the dark arts of necromancy on this thread, but I just HAD TO extend my gratitude for this mod!

Not only does it solve structural integrity issues, it also completely tackles the aerodynamic issue of two touching parts not being connected in the stock game. It opens up whole new world of possibilities!

I'm running a heavily modded game 1.7.3 with both expansion packs and ReCoupler seems to be working like a charm. This really should be part of the stock game.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm receiving this error:

[LOG 13:08:36.410] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft
[ERR 13:08:36.426] Exception handling event onVesselGoOffRails in class FlightReCoupler:System.NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object.GetName(UnityEngine.Object)
  at UnityEngine.Object.get_name () [0x00001] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 
  at ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler+FlightJointTracker..ctor (AttachNode parentNode, AttachNode childNode, System.Boolean link, System.Boolean isTrackingDockingPorts) [0x00048] in <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0 
  at ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.ParseAttachNodes (AttachNode parentNode, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] childNodes, Vessel vessel) [0x00090] in <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0 
  at ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.GenerateJoints (Vessel vessel) [0x00122] in <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0 
  at ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.CheckActiveVessels () [0x001cc] in <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0 
  at ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.OnVesselGoOffRails (Vessel vessel) [0x0001b] in <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0 

[EXC 13:08:36.437] NullReferenceException
	UnityEngine.Object.get_name () (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler+FlightJointTracker..ctor (AttachNode parentNode, AttachNode childNode, System.Boolean link, System.Boolean isTrackingDockingPorts) (at <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0)
	ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.ParseAttachNodes (AttachNode parentNode, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] childNodes, Vessel vessel) (at <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0)
	ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.GenerateJoints (Vessel vessel) (at <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0)
	ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.CheckActiveVessels () (at <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0)
	ReCoupler.FlightReCoupler.OnVesselGoOffRails (Vessel vessel) (at <76fd991073d944de9cd82c1759acddeb>:0)
	EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <06f13185617646e5bc801baeab53ab75>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	Vessel:GoOffRails()
	OrbitPhysicsManager:LateUpdate()
[LOG 13:08:36.485] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 13:08:36.634] Unpacking kerbalEVA. Vel: (0.0, 0.0, -0.1)

This happens after I reload some craft (revert to flight or go to track station and back to the ship)

In my case, I only have problems with ReCoupling "Probodobodyne RoveMate"

Thanks

2 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

I'm receiving this error:

This happens after I reload some craft (revert to flight or go to track station and back to the ship)

In my case, I only have problems with ReCoupling "Probodobodyne RoveMate"

Thanks

Interesting! I’ll do some digging this weekend and try to figure out the problem. I haven’t opened up the code for ReCoupler in forever - this should be fun!

Interesting! I’ll do some digging this weekend and try to figure out the problem. I haven’t opened up the code for ReCoupler in forever - this should be fun!

I put 6 of this pieces side by side, in a grid of 2x3. I don't modify anything the ReCoupler pre-configured for me!

Edited by Dominiquini

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.