[Solved] Why is my texture not showing in blender?

Hi

I'm at a loss as to how to get blender to show the texturing. Last time I appear to have been pushing random buttons while sleep deprived, but a bit more knowledge would help ;-)

I've got a screenshot here:

http://imgur.com/a/2FrMK

I've setup (most of) the unwrapping, generated a colour image, but can't get the rendering to show. I also see a mutilated vertex in the unwrap which I can't seem to delete. Re-unwrapping it just adds another one.

Any experts that can shed a light?

Thanks

Chris

Edited by MacLuky

Under the vertical tabs on the right - in your image the top one is "Transform" followed by "Grease Pencil" and "View" - Further down is a "Shading" tab and in that tab is a "Textured Solid" check box - that should be checked. Past this I usually fumble around until it starts working but what I think I do is setup a material and texture - At the very top right of your screen shot is a row of icons starting with a camera - the last one, a two color sphere, is material and the next one (off screen) is textures. I think I check "UV Project" under material. Under Texture I set type to "image or movie". Somewhere in the area there's an option to set a file name to the file name of you texture.

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/5283/how-to-show-textures-in-the-3d-view-editor

Also make sure that, in the Properties panel, under the Object tab, in the Display Section, Maximum Draw Type is set to Textured.

texturedo2jx4.png

PS: personally, I always work under cycles, as I find the material nodes so much easier to work with than the blender internal way.

Edited by InsaneDruid

20 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

Try using the Remove Doubles in Blender to get rid of any stray Vertices.

As for your texture not showing up, not sure that the issue would be, make sure you only have one UVMAP maybe?

Thanks, 25 vertices removed, but no cigar 

16 hours ago, wasml said:

Under the vertical tabs on the right - in your image the top one is "Transform" followed by "Grease Pencil" and "View" - Further down is a "Shading" tab and in that tab is a "Textured Solid" check box - that should be checked. Past this I usually fumble around until it starts working but what I think I do is setup a material and texture

Under shading I have no "Textured Solid" checkbox. I have "Backface culling" "Depth of field" "Ambient Occlusion". If I select, multitexture rather than GLSL I get Shadeless as well.

17 hours ago, wasml said:

- At the very top right of your screen shot is a row of icons starting with a camera - the last one, a two color sphere, is material and the next one (off screen) is textures. I think I check "UV Project" under material. Under Texture I set type to "image or movie". Somewhere in the area there's an option to set a file name to the file name of you texture.

Yes that has to do something with it, at least, under orphaned I find my texture file ;-(

8 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/5283/how-to-show-textures-in-the-3d-view-editor

Also make sure that, in the Properties panel, under the Object tab, in the Display Section, Maximum Draw Type is set to Textured.

That works a little bit, but it seems pretty dark. 

tdzZ0sh.jpg

Bed time down here, the code is actually at https://github.com/macluky/IRAS for those who want to take a peek at the mess I made of all the material settings 

6 hours ago, MacLuky said:

Under shading I have no "Textured Solid" checkbox

Just checked - I'm using Blender 2.76b (nearly two years old!). Looks like your using 2.78 so this is probably due to the version difference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.