New Player

Boutchers

Hello all Kerbian,

I bought the game 2 week ago when Steam decided to cut 40% of the original price of it. I have to admit that this games is addictive and most of all '' FUN''.Ive put around 25hrs in the game and to be honest im not sure what im doing.

Ive launch a couple of rocket to learn how its work, how the fuel go, how the rocket is powerfull, how to manage the turn to get into space and stay in it ( that hard, still learning), how to get into orbit ( still learning). I'M not near to get to the Mun right now, im still trying to figure how to stay and come back from orbit( fuel issue i never bring enough or maybe rocket not powerfull enoug, still learning).

Ive done the tutorial it help me to understand some basic.of the game but i feel its not enough.The Scenario serie , i don't think im ready to do it , im missing alot of knowledge. Ive play career mode but find myself to restart it a couple of time because its going to fast. I try to launch a jet and got alot of epic fail.

I want to learn how to built Jet,rocket and Why put that and not this one?! 

Ive watch alot and still watching video on youtube. 

Need some tips and suggestion on maybe how to start building thing in this games , how to start correctly, how to learn thing to have the best experience in this games.

Lets be honest, this games is awesome and have alot of potentiel and i love it.

Thank you

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

28 minutes ago, Boutchers said:

I have to admit that this games is addictive and most of all '' FUN''.

That it is!  Welcome to your community of fellow addicts.

29 minutes ago, Boutchers said:

Need some tips and suggestion on maybe how to start building thing in this games , how to start correctly, how to learn thing to have the best experience in this games.

You've definitely come to the right place.

Probably the best way to get help is, when you have some specific problem (such as "why won't this rocket go to orbit" or whatever), just post a question to the "Gameplay Questions" sub-forum here.  You'll get a lot of friendly, helpful answers.

8 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

we have an endless supply of root beer!

And snacks!  Don't forget the snacks.  Very important not to forget the snacks.  Pretty sure I saw a note about that somewhere...

1 hour ago, Snark said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

That it is!  Welcome to your community of fellow addicts.

You've definitely come to the right place.

Probably the best way to get help is, when you have some specific problem (such as "why won't this rocket go to orbit" or whatever), just post a question to the "Gameplay Questions" sub-forum here.  You'll get a lot of friendly, helpful answers.

Thank you so much, i will you can count on that!

41 minutes ago, Snark said:

And snacks!  Don't forget the snacks.  Very important not to forget the snacks.  Pretty sure I saw a note about that somewhere...

Love rootbeer with some pretzel :P

Or coffee, but new guys need to bring their own cookies.

@Boutchers, welcome aboard!

Let me tell you that the scenarios have no impact on any career games you play. Feel free to muck around in them, mess up, and restart. It's just a game, there is no pressure.

As for building jets and rockets- most jets are designed for a specific flight regime. If you're flying a slow transport plane, you'll want large wings, and powerful engines at low speeds. If you're building a fighter, the Panther is the way to go. If you want to build an SSTO, many people recommend the RAPIER. There is no hard and fast criteria, though. Like everything in life, it's not about making the best choice, it's about making a good one.

15 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Let me tell you that the scenarios have no impact on any career games you play. Feel free to muck around in them, mess up, and restart. It's just a game, there is no pressure.

I see the scenario thing like some tutorial to learn other thing.

Like the one that one kerbian is at 40 meter of the ship and you have to fly to it and board.

57 minutes ago, Boutchers said:

I see the scenario thing like some tutorial to learn other thing.

Like the one that one kerbian is at 40 meter of the ship and you have to fly to it and board.

Oh, I know which one you mean. Just have fun with them. There's tutorials, too, but have fun!

Every new players shoud watch this serie of video from this gentlemen. After 25hrs into this games ive learn much more after seeing is video.

he explane everything you need to learn for going into orbit, landing and comeback easily to Kerbien. i'M only at the 4 video now because i pratice alot but everything is going smooth.

Just wanted to share my discovery with all the new players like me !

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o1ygaY-j18&t=1230s

Enjoy :)

Edited by Boutchers