Language moderation question.

KnutG

Why only Chinese, Japanese, Russian and Spanish - nothing about such world languages like german or french? Or are the Devs good german and french speakers by nature?

Please don´t delete this post because is not really off-topic i think :wink:

Edited by KnutG

12 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

The number of KSP players who speak a certain language determines whether or not that language gets a dedicated subforum, and we already have moderators who are fluent in German and French. 

Sorry, I´m not really shure what exactly you means. Do you mean German and French have to less KSP players for a subforum or can I only not find the right subforum. For example in the german KSP forum the community has a German patch which translate the actual game in this language but no one of the devs seems to be interestet in this. 

Please don´t misunderstand my posts - it´s only a question - not a fight against the devs or something like this :wink:

This discussion has been split from another thread.

@KnutG, there are two questions there, Firstly, we are not seeking German and French moderators because we already have some. Separate issue: the languages which were selected to get their own subforums were chosen on the basis of the number of KSP players who speak those languages. 

5 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

@KnutGthe languages which were selected to get their own subforums were chosen on the basis of the number of KSP players who speak those languages. 

OK you here only search moderators for the languages where you don´t have one. Now I think I understand this better - you don´t need german or french moderators - you already have ones - so that should be all fine for german and french adaptation of KSP. Thanks for your answers!

Edited by KnutG

17 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Sure thing. :) 

Ehm... we have now an announcement for the localisation in Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Russian and Spanish. Nothing about german or french? Will this come in a later version of the game or are in this countrys really too few KSP friends? (I wonder because french is a speak they will spoken not only in france - also in previous colonies and german - people speak in Germany, Austria and Switzerland)

Edited by KnutG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.