[1.12.x] Werner Checker Continued - Customizable Editor Pre-Flight Checklist

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Coyote21 said:

I'm really missing the Pre-launch checklist functionality (Checklist in Flight), is this likely to return soon? or is it just too complicated to fix now?

It should work, tell CKAN to allow 1.8 compatibility and report back, please

I'm not sure I understand? The mod installs fine and works great, its just that in the last (next to last?) update, you disabled the in Flight checklist b/c it had issues with comets? iirc. I was just asking if this "disabling" of the Flight checklist was temporary until you fix the problem with comets or was permanent.  The VAB/SPH checklist works great.

Or just more info on what the problem with comets was, I might be able to edit the source and re-enable it for early (pre-comet) missions, then switch to the comet safe version later?

• 4 months later...

Really like this mod, saved me from forgetting things more than once!  

I do have one (hopefully) small request:  can we get an option to start minimized?  It starts maximized every time I go into an editor. 

Every.  Time. 

As helpful as this is, I want it out of the way most of the time, and having to close its window.  every.  time.  I go into the editor... well, you get the picture.

I know you're busy, but is there any chance?

32 minutes ago, wreckreation said:

Really like this mod, saved me from forgetting things more than once!  

I do have one (hopefully) small request:  can we get an option to start minimized?  It starts maximized every time I go into an editor. 

Every.  Time. 

As helpful as this is, I want it out of the way most of the time, and having to close its window.  every.  time.  I go into the editor... well, you get the picture.

I know you're busy, but is there any chance?

The option to do this is already in the mod - you can change it in the difficulty settings along with the rest of the settings for this mod.

23 hours ago, ttikkoo said:

The option to do this is already in the mod - you can change it in the difficulty settings along with the rest of the settings for this mod.

Ok, I feel really... I swear I looked for the option and didn't find it.  I swear.  I can only plead sleep deprivation.  :confused:

Sorry to have wasted your time!  Like I said, this mod has saved me from embarrassment more than once.   Too bad I couldn't save myself.  :)  Thanks, and keep up the good work!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How about adding one feature:
Have the checks one level deeper, like at FilterExtension.

This means not "just" check for a ModuleName but also for a field inside a Module.

Edit:
@linuxgurugamer after reading all the posts of the 4 pages again I assume that the incompatibility to KCT is still a thing.

Edited by Gordon Dry

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

How about adding one feature:
Have the checks one level deeper, like at FilterExtension.

This means not "just" check for a ModuleName but also for a field inside a Module.

Edit:
@linuxgurugamer after reading all the posts of the 4 pages again I assume that the incompatibility to KCT is still a thing.

Probably, this mod is somewhat low priority right now

• 2 years later...
On 3/30/2024 at 10:12 AM, Steigleder said:

Hi LGG, I would like to know if this mod can check sufficient avionics for RP-1

I usually forget to update the avionics on the stages.

Thank you!

If you write the the config files, it can do it.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:34 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

If you write the the config files, it can do it.

I'm not sure it's quite that simple. TLDR: I think this is an RP-1 UI problem, not something easily fixed by a checklist item.

All the checklist config options seem to be check for part, check for module, check for resource, check for minimum amount of resource and so on. And looking at Checklist.cs in the code seems to confirm this.

The best the config could do would be: Do you have any parts with avionics (Y/N) or a manual check item for "Have you checked you have enough avionics?" and a manual checklist item wouldn't help with forgetting to update the avionics on stages. Well other than giving you a list of things to check before build/launch the craft anyway.

To do a proper check for avionics in RP-1 would need a computed check. Basically is the mass of the vessel at that state of staging less than the configured capacity of the avionics on the vessel (repeated for multiple stages).

At the simplest this could be mass of vessel at launch (minus launch pad parts) < lowest most avionics mass limit.

But I don't see a way to specify something like that through the configs.

I think this would better be a consideration for the RP-1 mod authors. They already modify the stock checklist to warn about un-tooled parts, so adding a warning for insufficient avionics (especially as they already calculate it in a different part of their UI) shouldn't be outside scope - of course it might not be a priority for them either. There are a lot of other things they are working on after all.