[1.12.x] Werner Checker Continued - Customizable Editor Pre-Flight Checklist

linuxgurugamer

On 12/10/2018 at 10:20 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmmm, that's difficult.  I'll have to think about that, never had anyone ask about that before (the color-blindness issue)

@linuxgurugamer  It should be as easy as adding an option to the WernherChecker.cfg to switch from red/green to black/white for the colors.

I also came to report a bug, but it's already in the github list (Unintended checklist display #5)

Thanks for yet another great mod!  I haven't forgotten anything since adding it.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there anyway I can make the checklist check if the resource is on the vessel but not care about the amount? I'm trying to get different payloads under one category but doing that makes the checklist require all of those resources at once and I just want it to check if any of those resources are on the vessel.

• 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer,

I keep changing the WernherChecker.cfg to make windowX = 1500 and it keeps changing it back to a smaller number (301) and puts the checklist up against the parts on the left hand of the screen. 

https://imgur.com/a/yqmKm0Y

I can drag it to where I want it, but it always defaults back to the left.  What am I missing?

4 hours ago, Probus said:

@linuxgurugamer,

I keep changing the WernherChecker.cfg to make windowX = 1500 and it keeps changing it back to a smaller number (301) and puts the checklist up against the parts on the left hand of the screen. 

https://imgur.com/a/yqmKm0Y

I can drag it to where I want it, but it always defaults back to the left.  What am I missing?

Nothing, it doesn't remember it's location.

I'll see if I can do something soon, but busy with some other stuff right now

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nothing, it doesn't remember it's location.

I'll see if I can do something soon, but busy with some other stuff right now

What?  You busy with other stuff?  Unbelievable!  As it is right now, I think you must have 4 other clones working non-stop on fixing mods.  You'll just have to clone another copy of yourself.  That's all there is to it. :)

No worries, not a big deal at all. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, fabianovc said:

Hey guys, nice mod!!

Where can I learn how to edit the cfg file to customize the checklist?

Umm, take a look at existing ones.

They will need to be syntactically correct, if you have problems, post a message with the offending code

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 12/10/2018 at 11:20 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmmm, that's difficult.  I'll have to think about that, never had anyone ask about that before (the color-blindness issue)

Not sure about the solar panels from Near, I'll see what I can do

I know it's been brought up already above but I am color blind along with 8% of the population. It is simply impossible for me to see the difference between the green and orange lights (my wife helped me identity the colors). I'm a retired SW Engineer so I usually am very comfortable digging into configuration files to change things up a bit.  This is of course lacking in this mod as well as the Extensive Engineer Report mod.  Please oh please consider looking into this.  I assume you are always busy considering the number of mods you pick up for the community and I'm very appreciative of your efforts, but again 1 in 12.5 people can't see the difference in the button colors.

7 minutes ago, cybermeister said:

I know it's been brought up already above but I am color blind along with 8% of the population. It is simply impossible for me to see the difference between the green and orange lights (my wife helped me identity the colors). I'm a retired SW Engineer so I usually am very comfortable digging into configuration files to change things up a bit.  This is of course lacking in this mod as well as the Extensive Engineer Report mod.  Please oh please consider looking into this.  I assume you are always busy considering the number of mods you pick up for the community and I'm very appreciative of your efforts, but again 1 in 12.5 people can't see the difference in the button colors.

Never though about that.  EER is discontinued, but what would you suggest to replace the colors?

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Never though about that.  EER is discontinued, but what would you suggest to replace the colors?

Indicator lights has its color settings in a xml file, so it user configurable. Something like that may be better than hard coding them 

On 5/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Umm, take a look at existing ones.

They will need to be syntactically correct, if you have problems, post a message with the offending code

What do you mean by "offending"?

The problem is I don't know how to specify the part I want to include in the checklist (the KER chip module, for example).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New release, 0.5.12

• Removed all old Blizzy code
  • Removed old dead code
  • Fixed saving of window position
  • Fixed open/close of window when entering scene
  • Added option (stock settings) to remember last checklist
  • Added support for the ButtonManager
  • Added SpaceTuxLibrary as a dependency
  • Cleaned up log lines to avoid double printing of the mod name
  • Added check for minimum KIS version

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed on my new 1.10.1 install that Werner Checker hasn't shown up since I had started playing Career. Looking my at KSP.log, I noticed it mentions a dependency called ButtonManager v1.0.0.

Line 907: Load(Assembly): WernherChecker/Plugins/WernherChecker
	Line 907: Load(Assembly): WernherChecker/Plugins/WernherChecker
	Line 911: AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WernherChecker\Plugins\WernherChecker.dll
	Line 911: AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WernherChecker\Plugins\WernherChecker.dll
	Line 947: AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'WernherChecker' has not met dependency 'ButtonManager' V1.0.0
	Line 951: AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'WernherChecker' is missing 1 dependencies
	Line 1200: WernherChecker
	Line 21321: Load(Texture): WernherChecker/Images/icon-24
	Line 21325: Load(Texture): WernherChecker/Images/icon-38
	Line 21329: Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WernherChecker\Images\icon-38.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
	Line 21333: Load(Texture): WernherChecker/Images/selection
	Line 21337: Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WernherChecker\Images\selection.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
	Line 21341: Load(Texture): WernherChecker/Images/settings
	Line 21345: Load(Texture): WernherChecker/Images/tooltip_BG
	Line 21349: Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WernherChecker\Images\tooltip_BG.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
	Line 71729:   WernherChecker
	Line 87151: [LOG 20:10:12.663] :BEFORE[WERNHERCHECKER] pass
	Line 87152: [LOG 20:10:12.663] :FOR[WERNHERCHECKER] pass
	Line 87153: [LOG 20:10:12.663] :AFTER[WERNHERCHECKER] pass

Do you need my full log for this?

2 hours ago, NyanTurian said:

noticed on my new 1.10.1 install that Werner Checker hasn't shown up since I had started playing Career. Looking my at KSP.log, I noticed it mentions a dependency called ButtonManager v1.0.0.

Sorry, I forgot to update the dependencies.

you need to install this: 

https://spacedock.info/mod/2210/SpaceTux Library

Did you install by hand or with CKAN?

• 4 months later...

Quick FYI for anyone, who like me, wants to get rid of the MOAR BOOSTERS!!! checklist item that is always at the bottom of checklists, a review of the source code showed me that changing jebEnabled = False in WernherChecker.cfg will remove it. It also appears that this is the only function of the jebEnabled setting so probably best to think of it as showJoke = True/False.

TLDR;

To disable the MOAR BOOSTERS!!! checklist item edit WernherChecker.cfg

jebEnabled = False

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.