[1.12.x] Werner Checker Continued - Customizable Editor Pre-Flight Checklist

linuxgurugamer

Hellooo from beyond the grave!

I see a lot has happened here during my absence.

I'm very glad, that @linuxgurugamer took over this plugin I neglected lately. I know. I promissed I would update WernherChecker for KSP 1.2, but I didn't do it. I know I disappointed you and I feel really sorry for that.

Somewhere on my PC I still have some unpublished features in developement, such as paper-like look with handwritten font and checking for contracts requirments. If I find the code and time to do it, I will share it here, but no guarantee (you already know me :)).

Cheers!

E: I must also say I am a bit sceptical about the implementation in the flight scene, where the requirments are completely different, so I'd say, that the half of the plugin would have to be completely overwritten in order to be usable.

Edited by Magion

@linuxgurugamer Sorry I have not responded sooner...  Version 0.5.5 seems to work well in stock so far.  No issues to report.

My tests today or tomorrow will involve the flight scene and then possibly trying to see if the issues I had were directly involved with KCT.  I feel it's better for me to try that than to send you a log file that has 100 + mods in it.

On 3/14/2017 at 2:51 PM, Magion said:

I must also say I am a bit sceptical about the implementation in the flight scene, where the requirments are completely different, so I'd say, that the half of the plugin would have to be completely overwritten in order to be usable.

I'll do some more testing, but the changes needed to make it work in flight weren't that bad

Just now, Jebs_SY said:

@linuxgurugamer
Would it be much work, to add an option, that the Wernher Checker window stays closed by default? So that it doesn't pop up when entering the VAB?

Not too difficult, I'll see what I can do

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not too difficult, I'll see what I can do

It's already there.

You need to go into the KSP settings, then select the Werher's Checker tab

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ah, I just read the question on page 1 regarding KCT ... it seems this is still an issue.

The only thing that is always green on every vessel is "KIS tools in inventory" also when no KIS tools are in inventory ...
Regarding KIS it says a lot of:

Exception handling event onEditorShipModified in class ChecklistSystem:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.11.6659.38842, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'KIS, Version=1.11.6659.38842, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
  at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckForModules (WernherChecker.Criterion crton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[ShipConstruct].Fire (.ShipConstruct data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.11.6659.38842, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckForModules (WernherChecker.Criterion crton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WernherChecker.ChecklistSystem.CheckVessel (.ShipConstruct ship) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[ShipConstruct].Fire (.ShipConstruct data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(ShipConstruct)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAEngineInfo:update_status()
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAEngineInfo:SetRole(TCARole)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.EngineWrapper:SetRole(TCARole)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.EngineConfig:Apply(EngineWrapper)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.EnginesProfile:Apply(IList`1)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAGuiEditor:GetCFG()
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAGuiEditor:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Everything else is orange no matter what.

So it's still because of KCT as it seems?

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pzfu08y3r471ih/2018-04-22_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Ah, I just read the question on page 1 regarding KCT ... it seems this is still an issue.

The only thing that is always green on every vessel is "KIS tools in inventory" also when no KIS tools are in inventory ...
Regarding KIS it says a lot of:

Exception handling event onEditorShipModified in class ChecklistSystem:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.11.6659.38842, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'KIS, Version=1.11.6659.38842, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.11.6659.38842, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(ShipConstruct)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAEngineInfo:update_status()
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAEngineInfo:SetRole(TCARole)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.EngineWrapper:SetRole(TCARole)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.EngineConfig:Apply(EngineWrapper)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.EnginesProfile:Apply(IList`1)
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAGuiEditor:GetCFG()
ThrottleControlledAvionics.TCAGuiEditor:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Everything else is orange no matter what.

So it's still because of KCT as it seems?

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pzfu08y3r471ih/2018-04-22_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Do you have KIS installed?

• 3 months later...

@linuxgurugamer just noticed a small bug, not game-breaking but occasionally tedious:

1. Have a ship that is being auto-loaded when you visit either Editor screen. This can be because you had to revert, or visit the R&D to research new parts, or any other myriad reason.
  2. Have the checklist set NOT to display automatically on entry to the Editor.
  3. Click on Crew selection, then click back on Build; the checklist magically appears.
  4. Only happens the first time you do this per visit to the VAB/SPH, but it happens every time you visit the VAB/SPH.

Game version 1.4.5 + MH 1.4, tested in both Sandbox and early Career mode with no access to Action Groups.

1 hour ago, JH4C said:

@linuxgurugamer just noticed a small bug, not game-breaking but occasionally tedious:

1. Have a ship that is being auto-loaded when you visit either Editor screen. This can be because you had to revert, or visit the R&D to research new parts, or any other myriad reason.
  2. Have the checklist set NOT to display automatically on entry to the Editor.
  3. Click on Crew selection, then click back on Build; the checklist magically appears.
  4. Only happens the first time you do this per visit to the VAB/SPH, but it happens every time you visit the VAB/SPH.

Game version 1.4.5 + MH 1.4, tested in both Sandbox and early Career mode with no access to Action Groups.

Create a github issue, please

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if this is going to be helpful or not...

Was having an issue with KIS throwing the checklist out of whack. What I found was, that if there was tool in the inventory of a saved ship, it would properly set that the tool was in the inventory, but any checks past that would fail. Also the settings screen to set whether Wernher would show on VAB entry would not set either. Went back into VAB, removed tool from KIS inventory and all checks succeeded and also the setting for having Wernher open on VAB entry would succeed as well. Kind of behaved like an initialization issue? It seemed once the ModuleKISItemAttachTool was initiated, everything behaved the way it was supposed to. I don't know if ModuleKISItemAttachTool is initiated on vehicle load from save. I checked the output log, but it mostly reflected the KCT issues earlier(I do NOT have KCT installed btw).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, thanks for your mod it's very useful but I have a problem, I'm colorblind and if my screen isn't at maximum brightness I can't see the differences between lights in the check list wich is quite annoying, is there a possibility to get more contrasted lights? And I don't know if it still but solar panels from near futur solar are not checked by your mod.

Thanks a lot and sorry if my english isn't good but I'm french.

Edited by Invaeder

On 12/8/2018 at 9:51 AM, Invaeder said:

Hello, thanks for your mod it's very useful but I have a problem, I'm colorblind and if my screen isn't at maximum brightness I can't see the differences between lights in the check list wich is quite annoying, is there a possibility to get more contrasted lights? And I don't know if it still but solar panels from near futur solar are not checked by your mod.

Thanks a lot and sorry if my english isn't good but I'm french.

Hmmm, that's difficult.  I'll have to think about that, never had anyone ask about that before (the color-blindness issue)

Not sure about the solar panels from Near, I'll see what I can do