[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

Hello everyone!

So something weird happened with FMRS and i wanted to see if it is normal, keep in mind i run the game with 77 mods though.

FMRS does not seem to work(not saving separation) with clustered fuel tanks but does work with 1 or more stacked fuel tanks and clustered engines, that applies with using adapters or not.

Is it how it is supposed to work? Does this apply to other people or it's just my game?

5 hours ago, Mikeloeven said:

Exactly but without the need for a bulky probe core

Just so you know, right now the two can co-exist.  There is an option in FMRS to specify that a stage with parachutes-only should be controlled by SR

That being said, watch this space for an announcement soon

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Where are the decouplers?  

Could you post craft files for me to use to test, please

19 hours ago, CRS said:
Hope this helps!

Looks like they're where the probe core is placed in the actual launches (so presumably on top of the probe core). Could it be because the stage is still firing? The one that didn't save is still shooting off somewhere and the stages that did save have the engine(s) deactivated. Just a guess based on the images.

You will probably need to install a lot of mods for those crafts to work, but if you still want me do it just tell me. Also, yes, the decouplers are just above the probe core, check the last 3 images zoomed in. If more than one fuel tanks are present and not vertically stacked in a stage , then FMRS will not work.

Edit: Also tell me if a mod list will be helpfull, or a log ( which i don't know how to get yet ^^)

Edit 2: The stage continuous to fire because FMRS didn't detect the seperation to cut the engines off

Edited by CRS

14 hours ago, CRS said:

Windows 10 64 bit and i run 64 bit Ksp. KSP_x64 data folder is there but no log inside. There is just a KSP.log on the main folder is that the one?

No, it would be called output_log.txt, the KSP.log is not complete.

There is another place logs sometimes end up, I'll have to dig it out and get back to you.  In the meantime, the craft files are enough

It seems i made a mistake and forgot to mention i also have installed outter planets mod and KEI. Also, rarely, with that 4 fuel tank 16 engine lower stage FMRS detects separation and cuts off engines but doesn't save.

20 minutes ago, CRS said:

It seems i made a mistake and forgot to mention i also have installed outter planets mod and KEI. Also, rarely, with that 4 fuel tank 16 engine lower stage FMRS detects separation and cuts off engines but doesn't save.

So, just to elaborate on my earlier post, I installed the minimum number of mods needed to load your ships (specifically, #1).  So now I'll need the output_log.

Ok, i found the post:

Specifically, I highlighted in red what you need to find:

The Logs
These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) or %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Edited by linuxgurugamer

18 minutes ago, CRS said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwFqVCK5mGRRRDVzSE8wbHpBeVk

There you go the log ends after separating stage and pausing the game

Ummm, it's not complete.  I'm assuming you didn't set the option to flush the logs immediately, so you are going to have to do it again.  This time, after pausing, exit the game.

But, before you do, please download and install this version of FMRS:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FMRS/releases/download/1.2.3.1/FMRS-1.2.3.1-Debug-Beta.zip

It puts more data into the log file

launched,separated, paused, quit main menu, quit. that's what i did.Also deleted old FMRS folder and isntalled the debug version.Flush to disk is on.

i noticed on console this repeating a LOT of times: 

FMRS: entering flight_scene_update_routine()

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

FMRS: leaving flight_scene_update_routine

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

new log on drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwFqVCK5mGRRRDVzSE8wbHpBeVk 

i added a mod list on google drive in case you need it

from that list: 

Kerbin Environmental Institute
Outer planets mod

no version

infernal robotics (final core + rework)
mechjeb embedded universal