[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, EggyKane said:

s There a way to get this Mod working on 1.11 ? im using CKAN but its not under the Compatible mods.

Regards Kane

yes... theres a way to just mark it as 1.11.x compatable in CKAN... you can do it for *any* mod... granted it doesnt mean the mod will actually *work* in 1.11.x...
*This* mod, tho, will most likely work.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. Using FMRS, Stage Recovery and Recovery Controller on KSP 1.11.2. All theese mods were installed by CKAN. There are other installed mods, and one of them is contract configurator, but there is no any contract packs installed.

Having problem with disappearing contracts when using FMRS right after launch, it doing FMRS_main_save. and if i do Revert Flight or load this game manually in load game menu, all my contracts (active and archive) gone, just empty. Tryed mods installed from CKAN and manually - same problem. 

To test this, after launch, i restarted FMRS and it does new FMRS_main_save which loads normally and all contracts on their's places. 

I have theese problem only on launch from KSC. I saw such kind of problem somewhere in this topic and it was said that problem fixed, but not for me. 

PS: If there is some additional information that can help with locating\fixing this problem - let me know. 

Edited by Hunweibyn
PS added

7 hours ago, Hunweibyn said:

Greetings. Using FMRS, Stage Recovery and Recovery Controller on KSP 1.11.2. All theese mods were installed by CKAN. There are other installed mods, and one of them is contract configurator, but there is no any contract packs installed.

Having problem with disappearing contracts when using FMRS right after launch, it doing FMRS_main_save. and if i do Revert Flight or load this game manually in load game menu, all my contracts (active and archive) gone, just empty. Tryed mods installed from CKAN and manually - same problem. 

To test this, after launch, i restarted FMRS and it does new FMRS_main_save which loads normally and all contracts on their's places. 

I have theese problem only on launch from KSC. I saw such kind of problem somewhere in this topic and it was said that problem fixed, but not for me. 

PS: If there is some additional information that can help with locating\fixing this problem - let me know. 

Always, Always post a link to the log file.  Nothing can be done with it

Sorry, here's my game log of the exact game, where all contracts disappeared when i tried recovering stage with FMRS.

KSP: 1.11.2 Windows 64bit

Problem: Contracts disappearing after revert to launch button in FMRS or load fmrs main save file (not 100% of load times)

Mods installed:

GameData

Reproduction steps:

It's something of "floating" problem. Sometimes game loads normally and sometimes game loads with empty contracts

Log:

player.log

Edited by Hunweibyn
Did in right way

6 hours ago, Hunweibyn said:

Sorry, here's my game log of the exact game, where all contracts disappeared when i tried recovering stage with FMRS.

KSP: 1.11.2 Windows 64bit

Problem: Contracts disappearing after revert to launch button in FMRS or load fmrs main save file (not 100% of load times)

Mods installed:

GameData

Reproduction steps:

It's something of "floating" problem. Sometimes game loads normally and sometimes game loads with empty contracts

Log:

player.log

No promises, busy, but I'll keep it in mind

2 hours ago, Hunweibyn said:

Problem occurs on 2nd "revert to launch" action.

It looks like if you launch rocket, then do "revert to launch" launch it again and push this button one more time - contracts are wiped.

Did new log with reproducing this right after game launch to minimize it.

https://yadi.sk/d/J7P39IQZ8MIvHA

I'll look  into this on Tuesday night when I do my modding

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GodlygamerYT said:

When I click on the box that says <name> probe it doesn’t switch so I loose the booster.

You haven't really given much to go on.  I suggest you provide more information on your problem, including a better description so that someone can attempt to reproduce the problem, screen shots, if you feel they would help, and a log to a brief session where this problem occurs (use the link in my sig block to get some guidance on what to provide and how to do it).

All this will help others diagnose any issues and offer some advice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tested it here, and I don't know if is a bug or not:

1) Launch a ship, trigger a booster separation (FMRS recognize the booster and show me the option to control jump to it)

2) I continue my main mission and after that I use FMRS to jump to my booster

3) I landed my booster and pressed the button "Jump back to main mission" (Green text showed me that the booster landed!)

4) In my main mission, I go to the Track Station and my booster is still there (soon after separation, still in space)

After that, I tested using the button "Recover Vessel" from stock, above the altimeter, and appear that worked!

* I don't change any setting to FMRS (automatic recovery is enabled)

** Both cases I tested in sandbox, them I don't know if I received the funds of the recovery vessels!

4 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

4) In my main mission, I go to the Track Station and my booster is still there (soon after separation, still in space)

You have to fly your main mission so the first booster despawns and then it won't appear in the tracking station. Besides you still get your money back for recovery so if there's a random booster crashing into the ocean somewhere it really doesn't matter. Mods aren't prefect, you have to work with them sometimes.

6 minutes ago, reducing said:

You have to fly your main mission so the first booster despawns and then it won't appear in the tracking station. Besides you still get your money back for recovery so if there's a random booster crashing into the ocean somewhere it really doesn't matter. Mods aren't prefect, you have to work with them sometimes.

I continue to fly my main mission for a couple of minutes, until I reach orbit . I don't know if was enough time to my booster despawn!

29 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

I continue to fly my main mission for a couple of minutes, until I reach orbit . I don't know if was enough time to my booster despawn!

Its not that big of deal because you already recovered it. The mod doesn't delete the booster from the main save, for the purpose of this mod its not even really there. Just let it crash into the ocean and forget about it, you get the money back anyways.

3 minutes ago, reducing said:

Its not that big of deal because you already recovered it. The mod doesn't delete the booster from the main save, for the purpose of this mod its not even really there. Just let it crash into the ocean and forget about it, you get the money back anyways.

As I was in Sandbox and I can't see the refund, when I saw the booster in my main game, I thought the mod had failed to get it back!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum @dezintegracja. While it is not against the rules to request an update, so long as it is polite and not repetitive, please remember that our great modding community also have real life responsibilities to deal with so it's best to just be patient while we wait for our favourite mods to be updated.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:58 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

What makes you think it doesn't work for 1.12?  Have you tried it yet?

Most mods which are compatible with 1.8 and newer will work, try it first before asking for updates

I've tried, it kept crashing everytime i opened the launcher or KSP directly, after removing it and dependencies ksp works fine. I'm assuming it's got to do woth changes in 1.12 as FMRS worked fine in 1.11.2

1 hour ago, dezintegracja said:

I've tried, it kept crashing everytime i opened the launcher or KSP directly, after removing it and dependencies ksp works fine. I'm assuming it's got to do woth changes in 1.12 as FMRS worked fine in 1.11.2

then you need to provide logs (Player.log) as mentioned in my sig (the Read This...)