[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SquirrelGuy said:

? i meant like on 1.12.3 correct me if im wrong sorry. it does not appear to be updated on ckan

i really appreciate your reply btw

You're problem might be because the dependency "Recovery controller" is still marked as KSP 1.12.2 max on CKAN so FMRS does not show up as compatible with 1.12.3 on default settings.

In CKAN, go to Settings -> Compatible game versions and enable the checkbox for 1.12. When you refresh the list, FMRS should be available to install

Hello. In the other thread on Mechjeb, I saw a post about this mod. Decided to try. I installed it via CKAN, launched the game, quickly made a suitable rocket, launched it... Everything turned out to be simple and clear. Useful mod!

But.

I only ask you to explain the following to me: before installing FMRS, I had 996 patches downloaded, and after installing this mod, there were 2456 of them!!! Where does such a quantity come from?

And this leads to a problem. The game loads for a long time, and then the computer just freezes for a few minutes!
If no one can tell me how to fix this, then I will have to go back to the previous module configuration. Already without FMRS.

PNG

Edited by vipAvoS

@vipAvoS

Hard to diagnose without more info (KSP version, FMRS mod version, mod list, etc).  It could be a mod incompatibility or some sort of dependency issue despite a CKAN install, however, if you've never installed a mod maintained by @linuxgurugamer (aka LGG, the maintainer of this mod), then you haven't previously installed the dependencies (Click Through Blocker and Toolbar Controller) he requires for most, if not all, of his mods.   Installing FMRS and the dependencies might explain the jump in Module Manager reporting.

Also, generally, LGG has a "No logs, no support" policy.  Therefore, please read this thread and follow its recommendations for posting links to your log files for a session that experiences this freeze behaviour:

Edited by Brigadier

Thank you very much for your answer.
Only I didn't make a bug claim. It was just a bewilderment about adding so many dependencies!

I did this: I deleted this mod via CKAN. Only one dependency was removed with it. And when loading the game, there were 1026 downloadable patches. This already says a lot.

As for linuxgurugamer, most of the mods I have installed are his mods.
Thanks again.

Now I will do an experiment. On a clean game I will install the mods I need, including FMRS, not one at a time, but at once with the whole package. If you are interested in the result, then I can report the result here.

.png after removal

Edited by vipAvoS

On 8/6/2022 at 4:34 AM, vipAvoS said:

I only ask you to explain the following to me: before installing FMRS, I had 996 patches downloaded, and after installing this mod, there were 2456 of them!!! Where does such a quantity come from?

It's because of this file:  FMRS_MM.cfg, which contains the following code:

@PART[*]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FMRS_PM
		parent_vessel = 0
	}
}

This adds FMRS to every part in the game.  So you probably have something in the order of 1460 parts in total in the game.

You appear to not fully understand what ModuleManager is doing.  

ModuleManager reads all the cfg files and applies patches to all the parts depending on the code in them.  These aren't downloaded, they are part of various mods which need these changes in order to work.

Also, that's actually a very low number of patches.  In my career game, I believe that I have of 15000 patches, and at times, depending on what mods are installed, I've seen numbers of over 100,000 patches (which happens a lot with RO)

linuxgurugamer, I sincerely thank you for the explanation. I didn't quite understand why I had 996 patches before. Now I am smarter, thanks to you.
I would like to take this opportunity to express my respect to you for your work in creating such wonderful mods!

11 minutes ago, vipAvoS said:

linuxgurugamer, I sincerely thank you for the explanation. I didn't quite understand why I had 996 patches before. Now I am smarter, thanks to you.
I would like to take this opportunity to express my respect to you for your work in creating such wonderful mods!

Glad it helps.  It is a bit esoteric and not really obvious to a beginner.  If you want a more detailed explanation, i'd suggest looking at this thread:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I have a steam version of ksp 1.12.3, I tried to install your mod and when the rocket starts, I do not have a window with it, although I have FMRS mod settings in the esc game settings, I deleted all my mods and downloaded one FMRS and it worked, then I downloaded all my mods back and the FMRS window again when the rocket was launched , it disappeared again

Edited by mur

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 6:22 AM, pjt36 said:

Nice mod ... unfortunately it deletes all my current and archived contracts when I recover spent stages. .... so it's pretty much useless.  .... sorry.

I've encountered the same. I believe it only happens if you redo a booster landing by  hitting "return to separation" or redo the entire mission with "revert to launch" before finalizing everything by using "return to main mission." After further testing, I've done the above without issues, so I'm still not sure how to replicate it.

I've also found that it wont save the first stage after you "return to main mission" if the root part breaks during landing, forcing you to "revert to launch." This has happened a few times to me now, as I'd land a large first stage in the water by parachute, but it ends up breaking the decoupler (which was the root part) when it tumbles over to land sideways.

Edited by kerbnub

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, edwardbetter said:

Attempting to get the mod via CKAN, searching "flight manager" and "FMRS" returns nothing. And possible fix?

Assuming you are running KSP 1.12.4, try telling CKAN to alloow compatibility for all 1.12 versions:

Settings->Compatible Game Versions