[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

57 minutes ago, Shalfar said:

With the number of mods you're maintaining, I'm not sure you really have a life outside of KSP.  Either that or your day has more hours in it than mine.  Thank you for all of the hard work

I agree, the guy needs his own staff

Hello

FMRS works with rocket stage but it does not seem to work with aircraft: rocket plane put on top of a big liner by mean of stage decoupler, each aircraft having cockpit, and pilots.

The mission count does not start and there no possibility to recover the liner after separation.

12 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello

FMRS works with rocket stage but it does not seem to work with aircraft: rocket plane put on top of a big liner by mean of stage decoupler, each aircraft having cockpit, and pilots.

The mission count does not start and there no possibility to recover the liner after separation.

Not enougn information.  First, i need a log file. 

And what version of KSP are you running?

I solve the problem!

It was not working, because FMRS did not recognized the first stage which was the liner. It was because the liner engines were not at the very bottom on stage column on the right in the SPH

It is very important to check the stage column and place the engines in the right place, even if you don't need when you use planes!

Hey, @linuxgurugamer. I've just sent a PR that makes undocking a separation event, literally three lines. Why this could be useful - I have a reusable Eve space plane that is carried by electric aircraft. The problem that I can't use staging - both craft made it to Eve separately and I have no idea how to make a docking port appear in staging column after you dock something to it. I'm not even sure if this is at all possible for ports not in PreAttached state. At least it works for me now.
Picture for attention grabbing purpose:

a7PrL1B.jpg

10 minutes ago, Infleto said:

I am getting Save file corruption every few days with this mod installed.   I am playing 1.3 version of KPS and the same version of this mod.

The current version of the mod is 1.2.6.  Without a log file, I can't even begin to help

5 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Will this be updated for KSP 1.4.1 and the Making History Expansion?

On 3/19/2018 at 1:45 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

So do I, but I only have so many hours in a day, and I do have a life outside KSP

Be patient, it will be done eventually.

Feel free to contribute, would definitely get my attention

On the page before this one :wink:

22 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Ah. Didn't see that. Apologies.

If you didn't already see, some people were reporting that the current version is working fine for them in 1.4.1 as well. But depending on how risk averse you are you may want to wait for an official 1.4.1 update, but LGG's got a very long list of mods he's updating at the moment so it might be a while.

47 minutes ago, magico13 said:

If you didn't already see, some people were reporting that the current version is working fine for them in 1.4.1 as well. But depending on how risk averse you are you may want to wait for an official 1.4.1 update, but LGG's got a very long list of mods he's updating at the moment so it might be a while.

While I appreciate reports of things working, I am not providing any support for non-migrated/rebuilt mods.

Would like to add one to the reports of FMRS working.

Seems fully functional, but when I tell it to give a stage to SR it doesn't. So ATM it's a choice: SR or FMRS but not both.

Edited by TDplay

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Thanks for the update to KSP 1.4.2, @linuxgurugamer.  I noticed that FMRS no longer has a RecoveryController directory.  Is the function of RecoveryController now completely integrated into FMRS itself?

No, it's now a seperate mod, due to a new build process.

I haven't yet updated ckan to show that properly

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, it's now a seperate mod, due to a new build process.

Knowing your tough schedule may I still ask about the PR for previous version of FMRS to count undocking as staging? Should I make a new one so it could be auto-merged as new version changed quite lot of things?

2 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Knowing your tough schedule may I still ask about the PR for previous version of FMRS to count undocking as staging? Should I make a new one so it could be auto-merged as new version changed quite lot of things?

No need, I just merged it.

Will test later this evening

Is there an solution for the deleted contract issue? I can reproduce it every time, if you recover more than one stage and you use return to launch button from FMRS you get all contracts deleted.

the only solution so far : quicksave before entering the vab (always a good idea) and use that save instead of the revert button