[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

I re-installed FMRS with CKAN and most of the problems are gone, but the *problem that still remains is that when I go back to a separated stage, my main mission craft is still a few meters away from my stage I a going to land. Could anybody help me?

*I'm not sure if this is even a problem.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, JEB'S DESTINY said:

I re-installed FMRS with CKAN and most of the problems are gone, but the *problem that still remains is that when I go back to a separated stage, my main mission craft is still a few meters away from my stage I a going to land. Could anybody help me?

*I'm not sure if this is even a problem.

If I understand you correctly, it's not a problem. When you use FMRS, you are going back in time (in the game, anyways). So, it's like this:

T-0 - Launch of ship with Main Stage (controlled by Jeb) and Stage 3 controlled by a probe.

1:00 FMRS active, Point-of-view (POV) Jeb

5:00 Stage 3, controlled by a probe, separates. POV is still Jeb. FMRS logs the separation and Stage 3 shows up on the FMRS list. Keep going!

7:00 Main stage makes orbit, is fine, Jeb is eating Snacks. Click on your separated stage. Your POV now changes...

5:00 (again), Stage 3, controlled by a probe, separates. POV is NOW the Probe, and you watch Jeb fly away. He might even explode, but DON'T WORRY!

7:00 (again) Probe safely lands. Click on "Return to Main Mission"

7:00 (again, again) Back to Jeb, safely in orbit. You should receive a message that you have recovered your landed probe. Enjoy the rest of your mission!

I admit this is simplified, but I think this is what you are seeing happening. Don't worry about it, and always us the buttons on the FMRS dialog to jump back to the main mission--don't just recover the ship from the KSP button, otherwise sometimes weirdness follows.

1 hour ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

Okay, thanks, so it isn't a problem. But how come in the video the whole probe was gone when Scott went to land the plane?

If you watch the video, you can see the probe is there for 1 frame, and then disappears. Why is that? I don't know, but Scott Manley made that video for a much earlier version of FMRS and a much earlier (.90) version of KSP. I can think of very good reasons why you would not want the probe to disappear; for example, if the probe also had a comms antenna and had become your link to the KSP. But in any case, the current version takes you back to an earlier point in the save game, but from a different vessel's point of view, and then merges your changes back into the main game. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12.2.2018 at 9:48 PM, tshakah said:

The latest version (1.2.6) is pretty reliably losing all my contracts, but only when I click "revert to plugin start" - anything else keeps them (tried swapping back and forth between lots of different stages)

Same here, but to me it happened when I clicked "revert to launch". Not sure if they yet existed after that, or if they disappeared afterwards, when I recovered the vehicle from the launchpad.

You can find the log file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/it9pwisee62b0p0/KSP.log?dl=0 . Starting at 16:54:45.308, "Loading All Contracts..." seems to do nothing.

Im getting a pretty devastating bug and i've been hunting down how to reproduce it all day. Uninstalled all mods except for FMRS and still found this.

When building a FH type craft (all stock) it will work the first few times perfectly, but as soon as you restart the game, it will no longer work. The stages are not registered even when Recovery Controller is set to "FMRS". And also, before restarting the game and rebuilding the craft you want, Recovery Controller has 4 options, FMRS, Stage Recovery, Auto, and None. When you restart it goes to 2 options, FMRS and Stage Recovery. Perhaps this has something to do with the newest ModuleManager as that is what im using (3.0.4)
The craft that I experience this with:https://kerbalx.com/Pyro_Fire/BX9-IV-Heavy-lifter-WIP

Its seemingly craft specific? I'm trying to find a pattern now, i've rebuilt the booster above about 4 times and each time i get the same result. However I rebuilt it as a 1.25m booster with all the same elements (just to test what's making things screwy) it works flawlessly.

Oh and also, even without stage recovery and recovery controller, the stages still do not show up on FMRS. 

Edited by Not Sure
moar testing

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2018 at 7:51 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

eventually

Thanks! Already got a working* BFG design in stock, I just want to test the landing/launching more. :wink:

*It can launch... no idea if it can land.

Edited by Technical Ben

36 minutes ago, pisti525 said:

We want this to 1.4.1. I'm working on a BFR project.. :cool:

So do I, but I only have so many hours in a day, and I do have a life outside KSP

Be patient, it will be done eventually.

Feel free to contribute, would definitely get my attention

On 3/19/2018 at 12:45 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

So do I, but I only have so many hours in a day, and I do have a life outside KSP

Be patient, it will be done eventually.

Feel free to contribute, would definitely get my attention

With the number of mods you're maintaining, I'm not sure you really have a life outside of KSP.  Either that or your day has more hours in it than mine.  Thank you for all of the hard work