linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try increasing the delay time

Doesn’t work. It keeps going back to the moment you separate and not 2s after. It also doesn’t seem to remember the settings you put it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, damonvv said:

Doesn’t work. It keeps going back to the moment you separate and not 2s after. It also doesn’t seem to remember the settings you put it to.

Can confirm, my delay time was 3s and seems like Damon is correct, it doesn't remember the settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done some more testing. With a stock install and modded. KSP 1.6.1

The settings do not save. But you were probably aware of that. But even during the mission, if you set the timer at 1 second the persistent save will still be instantly. Meaning you collide with the previous stage when you go back.

I think the best solution is to make the default time between staging and saving the file to be higher at default or having a config file where FMRS reads the settings from. So we could change that manually if needed. Because now you have to disable autorecovery every time you launch which is something I never do in my save game.

I really hope you could do something to easy up the gameplay. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I am having a problem with FMRS in KSP 1.6. I am using a falcon 9 style rocket. After booster separation, I go to land my first stage, but as I get close to the ground I am losing the ability to throttle (up, down, full, 0, etc) the engines. I know that FMRS is the cause as everything works perfectly without FMRS active. I believe it may be something with the second stage hitting the ground first as I've observed that I've lost control of the throttle around then. Am I doing something incorrectly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vobaseball12 said:

Hi, I am having a problem with FMRS in KSP 1.6. I am using a falcon 9 style rocket. After booster separation, I go to land my first stage, but as I get close to the ground I am losing the ability to throttle (up, down, full, 0, etc) the engines. I know that FMRS is the cause as everything works perfectly without FMRS active. I believe it may be something with the second stage hitting the ground first as I've observed that I've lost control of the throttle around then. Am I doing something incorrectly? 

Usually MechJeb is the culprit here, namely the limit Q setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Usually MechJeb is the culprit here, namely the limit Q setting.

I have tested it with and without landing guidance and it is still acting the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vobaseball12 said:

I have tested it with and without landing guidance and it is still acting the same way.

Landing guidance doesn't matter. You need to check the utilities menu. If "Limit Q to..." is checked, you get the problem you're describing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Landing guidance doesn't matter. You need to check the utilities menu. If "Limit Q to..." is checked, you get the problem you're describing.

That seemed to be it, I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I've testing various things. Stock crafts or modded crafts doesn't seem to be working well right now (KSP 1.6.1). In either the difficulty settings or in-flight when you change the time between separation and actual saving the file isn't working. It will always be instant instead of the 2 seconds I normally put it at. Only seems to be the case since 1.6+

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, damonvv said:

So I've testing various things. Stock crafts or modded crafts doesn't seem to be working well right now (KSP 1.6.1). In either the difficulty settings or in-flight when you change the time between separation and actual saving the file isn't working. It will always be instant instead of the 2 seconds I normally put it at. Only seems to be the case since 1.6+

I am aware of it, you reported this a few posts back as well.  No ETA right now on a fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baconoobolo10101 said:

Please make this for 1.7

Did you experience any issues with the mod in 1.7?

As far as I know, it works still perfectly fine :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Did you experience any issues with the mod in 1.7?

As far as I know, it works still perfectly fine :)

nope, and same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used FMRS alongside with Recovery Controller/Stage Recovery and it would make debris invisible and cause NullRef Spam until either the debris was destroyed or out of the scene. Has anyone else encountered this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RurouniDonut said:

I used FMRS alongside with Recovery Controller/Stage Recovery and it would make debris invisible and cause NullRef Spam until either the debris was destroyed or out of the scene. Has anyone else encountered this?

most stuff just disappears - so that is probably what is happening to me as well. (1.7)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant find this mod in CKAN list, and its not working for me with manual install. I installed all dependencies. Any suggestions what i can do to see mod buttons in game?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Moonk said:

Cant find this mod in CKAN list,

AFAIK every mod which is maintained by LGG can be found on CKAN but sometimes, you have to help a little bit ;) What's your game version, I guess 1.7+? In this case, click on "Settings -> Compatible KSP Versions", set a check mark in front of 1.6 and apply the changes.

36 minutes ago, Moonk said:

Any suggestions what i can do to see mod buttons in game? 

Yep, I have a few:

  • Did you install FMRS or just the dependencies? (yes, sometimes this happens^^)
  • Are you sure that you installed all the dependencies? ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarCOntroller and ModuleManager(it's mentioned at the bottom of the OP)?
  • DId you install it properly?
  • The button is just visible in flight mode...did you control any craft when you tried it?

When in doubt, share a log file so we can actually see what's going on instead of guessing ;) If you need help to find the log, take a look here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
18 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

AFAIK every mod which is maintained by LGG can be found on CKAN but sometimes, you have to help a little bit ;) What's your game version, I guess 1.7+? In this case, click on "Settings -> Compatible KSP Versions", set a check mark in front of 1.6 and apply the changes.

 

Thank you, it helped ) mod works as intended.

it so nice friendly community here )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, everybody.

Help to understand the installation of this mod.

I'm downloading the version of the mod files to the link of this post,version 1.2.7.4 and try to install them in KSP version 1.7.1+. The installation path D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData. Folder mod "FMRS", extracted from the archive and from the parent folder "Flight_Manager_for_Reusable_Stage_fmrs_continued-1.2.7.4". Modulemanager Is Installed.4.0.2.dll and mod MechJeb. As a result, after downloading the MechJeb mod works, the "FMRS" mod does not work (even the mod icon on the screen does not). I tried to completely remove the \GameData folder and install it in a new one, but the result is the same, MechJeb mod works, "FMRS" mod does not. I write through the translator from Russian, so sorry if that is not so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@SIMA1504 Did you install the dependencies for FMRS?

You need both for FMRS to work :)

don't forget about unBlur (now a dependency of a dependency).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

don't forget about unBlur (now a dependency of a dependency).

AFAIK, it's a dependency for blizzys toolbar, not for the toolbar controller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

AFAIK, it's a dependency for blizzys toolbar, not for the toolbar controller.

Both, now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Both, now

Oh really? Not a fan of the decision to create a dependency for a dependency...

But still, when @zer0Kerbal corrected me on this, I've checked CKAN, the toolbar controller thread and your repository, just to be sure not to tell anything wrong and I actually don't see any changes to toolbar controller repository, nor is unBlur listed as a dependency in CKAN or the release thread. Is it something you're still working on or did you finish the work just in the moment you wrote this answer?^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Oh really? Not a fan of the decision to create a dependency for a dependency...

But still, when @zer0Kerbal corrected me on this, I've checked CKAN, the toolbar controller thread and your repository, just to be sure not to tell anything wrong and I actually don't see any changes to toolbar controller repository, nor is unBlur listed as a dependency in CKAN or the release thread. Is it something you're still working on or did you finish the work just in the moment you wrote this answer?^^

My mistake, I thought I had released it.

Just did, updating everything now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.