linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

Getting a crash on game launch (1.3.1) from either FMRS itself or RecoveryController.  Which crash file(s) do you need?

[edit]  It's in FMRS; removing that but leaving RecoveryController = no crash.

My game isn't crashing with both installed on 1.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

My game isn't crashing with both installed on 1.3.1

Then maybe it's an interaction with some other mod I have installed (I'll check in a bit), but after the first crash, I removed all mods, then went through adding them back 3 at a time and testing startup in between.  When it happened again, I tested that batch one-at-a-time.  The crash occurred after I installed FMRS and RecoveryController, and went away after I removed FMRS but left RC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilverlightPony said:

Then maybe it's an interaction with some other mod I have installed (I'll check in a bit), but after the first crash, I removed all mods, then went through adding them back 3 at a time and testing startup in between.  When it happened again, I tested that batch one-at-a-time.  The crash occurred after I installed FMRS and RecoveryController, and went away after I removed FMRS but left RC.

I take that back I loaded up a 1.3 folder on accident (Two many folders). I haven't tested 1.3.1 sorry for the mistake.

I can confirm my latest issue was definitely caused by some kind of conflict between this mod and the Interstellar extended suite of mods. I re- downloaded Interstellar and the same issues began to occur again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, no crash with only RC and ModManager.  So the new question is: what other mod is RC having trouble with?

 

[edit]  Looks like it's having trouble with FMRS.  Removed all mods, test start successful.  Add MM, RC, and FMRS, test start crash.

Edited by SilverlightPony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that with KSP 1.3.1 on Macos i'm having the same crashing issue with FMRSContinued 1.2.5.  I've tried it with and without RecoveryController 0.0.2 installed and get the same result of a crash when FMRS is installed.  I have several other mods enabled now but initially tested it with no other mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does FMRS detect when a stage has separated? I have a 4-stage rocket (booster, upper, trans-lunar injection, lunar capture), and FMRS doesn't seem to be detecting the separation of the lunar stages from the upper. It seems to detect the separation of the other stages (as well as fairings) just fine.

The booster and upper stages are connected using flat interstage decouplers from Procedural Fairings, with one turned upside down to provide detachable interstage fairings for the upper stage. The upper stage has a payload fairing base from Proc Fairings, with the engine bell of the TLI stage sitting directly on the upper surface of the fairing base. The TLI stage and lunar injection stages are separated using a stack decoupler from Proc Parts. The proc fairings have decouplers built-in due to Procedural Fairings For Everything being installed.

Any idea what I might be missing? 

Update: Of course, right after I post this FMRS decides to start picking up the newly disconnect upper stage. Don't know if it's going to start picking it up consistently now, but unfortunately it means I won't be able to consistently reproduce the issue.

Edited by awang
Update with new behavior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad the problem has gone away, even temporarily.  Consider posting links to your craft and output_log (the minimum that shows the issue, if it reappears) files.  That way, someone would be able test exactly what you have designed and be able to assess precisely which mods you're using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 9:50 PM, awang said:

Don't know if it's going to start picking it up consistently now, but unfortunately it means I won't be able to consistently reproduce the issue.

This addon really makes the game MUCH more enjoyable for me. Unfortunately, I have this issue as well and I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently.

When I built my first Falcon 9 style launcher I was pumped that I could land first stages using FMRS. If I launched the same rocket over and over, I estimate that FMRS would detect the 1st stage separation about 50% of the time and allow me to switch to it later to land it. The rest of the time I get the usual, brief freeze after separation, but FMRS doesn't detect the staging so I have to revert the flight.. At that point, I typically have to restart the game to get it to detect stage separation again. It could work flawlessly for 10 launches then stop, forcing me to restart the game. I like the addon so much that I don't mind waiting for that process.

I've used multiple different methods of attaching the probe core, used the addon both with, and without StageRecovery, tried it with a fresh install with only FMRS and haven't had any luck figuring out what causes it to do this.

I really appreciate the continued work on this addon and I'm going to use it as long as it isn't crashing my game =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I installed FMRS on ksp 1.3.1, it freezes, and sometimes crashes KSP during loading, right after the cofig files finish.  I think I installed it correctly, and when I remove FMRS this problem does not happen.  I have a lot of other mods installed, so it could be a conflict with one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 4:15 PM, Hydrothermalventclam said:

I found the output_log file if that helps

 

Please delete that and and share it in a ZIP on another site. Log files are megabytes large and can make the forum hang and even crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Please delete that and and share it in a ZIP on another site. Log files are megabytes large and can make the forum hang and even crash.

Thanks for letting me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, please. Why does this mod (all default options) would recover a vehicle that I set in the orbit?

I was doing a mission where spacecraft was launched using a big plane (like SpaceShipOne). The plane was the root part, spacecraft was detached. I switched to spacecraft to circularize the orbit and back to the plane to land it. After recovering the plane I went to the Tracking Center to find that there is no spacecraft to be found :C

Edited by prykpryk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, prykpryk said:

God, please. Why does this mod (all default options) would recover a vehicle that I set in the orbit?

I was doing a mission where spacecraft was launched using a big plane (like SpaceShipOne). The plane was the root part, spacecraft was detached. I switched to spacecraft to circularize the orbit and back to the plane to land it. After recovering the plane I went to the Tracking Center to find that there is no spacecraft to be found :C

Check your time ticks and note if FMRS was running on all flight scenes. I believe I have experienced similar behavior. I launched a probe from Kerbin and circularized. Separated stages up to this point were recovered with Stage Recovery. I noted I was getting close to a maneuver node on a different vessel, and switched over from KAC without first going to the KSC. I finished the maneuver node and then found, upon trying to go to the Tracking Center, I had reverted to an earlier save and my probe was sitting on the launch pad. I suspect that sometimes, when switching vessels, FMRS is getting confused and is reverting to the wrong save (or has failed to merge changes and therefore is reverting to a backup). Just a suspicion, as I have way more testing to do to replicate and determine if there's something going on or if it's an ID10-T problem on my side.

Edited by eightiesboi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2017 at 6:50 AM, DTwenty said:

This addon really makes the game MUCH more enjoyable for me. Unfortunately, I have this issue as well and I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently.

When I built my first Falcon 9 style launcher I was pumped that I could land first stages using FMRS. If I launched the same rocket over and over, I estimate that FMRS would detect the 1st stage separation about 50% of the time and allow me to switch to it later to land it. The rest of the time I get the usual, brief freeze after separation, but FMRS doesn't detect the staging so I have to revert the flight.. At that point, I typically have to restart the game to get it to detect stage separation again. It could work flawlessly for 10 launches then stop, forcing me to restart the game. I like the addon so much that I don't mind waiting for that process.

I've used multiple different methods of attaching the probe core, used the addon both with, and without StageRecovery, tried it with a fresh install with only FMRS and haven't had any luck figuring out what causes it to do this.

I really appreciate the continued work on this addon and I'm going to use it as long as it isn't crashing my game =)

I am experiencing the same strange behavior. Moreover, sometimes the mod shuts itself down on stage separation for (apparently) no reason.

Another issue that I am facing is that the mod works properly only if the stage that makes to orbit is the one that contains the root part. If the root part is inside the ship that lands the ship in orbit is not saved. I play a heavily modded game, that is why I haven't posted a log. I suspect that all this little misbehaves are somewhat related but I cannot make up how.

This video shows the kind of launch I am doing:

 

Edited by LastStarDust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason, when I go back to land back a used stage, it goes back in time to separation, with the other stage still there, unlike in the video posted for the mod. Also, whenever I revert flights or start a new launch, a new FMRS tab appears in the toolbar. Are there any tips to help these problems? 

Edited by JEB'S DESTINY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

For some reason, when I go back to land back a used stage, it goes back in time to separation, with the other stage still there, unlike in the video posted for the mod. Also, whenever I revert flights or start a new launch, a new FMRS tab appears in the toolbar. Are there any tips to help these problems? 

If a new fmrs button is appearing, then something is wrong.

How did you install it, is it the latest, and a log file is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed it by putting the FMRS folder and the RecoveryController folder into my Gamedata. I will get a log file later. But what about my first problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

I installed it by putting the FMRS folder and the RecoveryController folder into my Gamedata. I will get a log file later. But what about my first problem?

All related, most likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done some more testing and I noticed that the mod misbehaves if the root part is not in the last stage (the one that makes to orbit).

So I ask: is this intended? Do I always have to make sure that the root part is in the last stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LastStarDust said:

I have done some more testing and I noticed that the mod misbehaves if the root part is not in the last stage (the one that makes to orbit).

So I ask: is this intended? Do I always have to make sure that the root part is in the last stage?

Sounds like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a repeated crash when using FMRS to try and land a separated first stage. I have a quicksave on the pad, and have tried this same mission 3 times now. Every time, the payload reaches orbit fine, i take control of the first stage using FMRS, and around 10/15 seconds into boostback, the game freezes and crashes.

Here is the output_log

Many thanks,

Qwarkk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Qwarkk said:

Getting a repeated crash when using FMRS to try and land a separated first stage. I have a quicksave on the pad, and have tried this same mission 3 times now. Every time, the payload reaches orbit fine, i take control of the first stage using FMRS, and around 10/15 seconds into boostback, the game freezes and crashes.

Here is the output_log

Many thanks,

Qwarkk

I need the entire log file, not just the end of it.

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.