[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

45 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I'd tried that, and it just kicks me back to the payload in orbit and the booster disappears.

Well, that's strange because I've tried it before to be sure it is actually working and my booster still sits on the ground after switching back to the second stage.
I'm out of ideas :/

• 3 weeks later...

I think the last recovery controller update broke FMRS defaulting parachuted stages to Stage Recovery. THis is noww in addition to the previous issue wherein one could not dictate which mod controls parts from the VAB.

Now it appears all stages default to FMRS.

Edited by Shizen

There's some extremely annoying bug. I'm playing KSP 1.5.1. This happened to me 2nd time already - first time I wasn't sure what happened. So I started my mission of putting com sats on polar orbit. I put one sat on proper orbit, separated it from another sat, I started new mission - satellite that was going to another planet. After I set it on proper course I switched to com sats again, set them on erpfectly synchronized orbits, took my a long time, I clicked ESCAPE and then SPACE CENTER, I went pee, got back to see the last rocket on launch site. It basically undid everything since I launched that interplanetary sat. It happened 2nd time already. I know it's FMRS, because ESCAPE>revert flight doesn't let me revert to VAB, just like if I switched to another stage with FMRS. I just spent all day working, then played 2h of KSP to relax and just lost one of these two hours. I'm annoyed.

EDIT: Ok, there's still hope in backup quicksaves.

Edited by jamqdlaty

19 hours ago, jamqdlaty said:

There's some extremely annoying bug. I'm playing KSP 1.5.1. This happened to me 2nd time already - first time I wasn't sure what happened. So I started my mission of putting com sats on polar orbit. I put one sat on proper orbit, separated it from another sat, I started new mission - satellite that was going to another planet. After I set it on proper course I switched to com sats again, set them on erpfectly synchronized orbits, took my a long time, I clicked ESCAPE and then SPACE CENTER, I went pee, got back to see the last rocket on launch site. It basically undid everything since I launched that interplanetary sat. It happened 2nd time already. I know it's FMRS, because ESCAPE>revert flight doesn't let me revert to VAB, just like if I switched to another stage with FMRS. I just spent all day working, then played 2h of KSP to relax and just lost one of these two hours. I'm annoyed.

EDIT: Ok, there's still hope in backup quicksaves.

This really wasn't designed for that.  It was designed to land booster stages, or at least short term stuff.  Remember, everytime you go back, it will revert most of what you did

19 hours ago, Gark1sch said:

I downloaded FRMS and the dependencys but when i launch the game the icon doesnt show in my tool bar? any help is appreciated

How did you install it, and did you install both dependencies?

On 1/23/2019 at 1:03 AM, Shizen said:

I think the last recovery controller update broke FMRS defaulting parachuted stages to Stage Recovery. THis is noww in addition to the previous issue wherein one could not dictate which mod controls parts from the VAB.

Now it appears all stages default to FMRS.

This was fixed early this morning.  You need to update FMRS, Stage Recovery AND the Recovery Controller

14 minutes ago, Gark1sch said:

I Installed FMRS by dragging the game data into the game data folder. same with both of the dependencies. when i launch the game (in 1.6.1) nothing shows up for FMRS.

When you dragged the gamedata (mod) folder into your gamedata (game) folder, you end up with two gamedata folders, which is wrong. Drag the GameData (mod) folder instead into your Kerbal SPace Program folder to merge both GameData folders. Don't forget to install ModuleManager as well ;)

I guess, you got something like this:

• Kerbal Space Programm
    • GameData
      • GameData
        • 000_ClickThroughBlocker
        • 001_ToolbarControl
        • FMRS

But you actually want:

• Kerbal Space Programm
    • GameData
      • 001_ToolbarControl
      • FMRS

5 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

When you dragged the gamedata (mod) folder into your gamedata (game) folder, you end up with two gamedata folders, which is wrong. Drag the GameData (mod) folder instead into your Kerbal SPace Program folder to merge both GameData folders. Don't forget to install ModuleManager as well ;)

I guess, you got something like this:

• Kerbal Space Programm
    • GameData
      • GameData
        • 001_ToolbarControl
        • FMRS

But you actually want:

• Kerbal Space Programm
    • GameData
      • 001_ToolbarControl
      • FMRS

Heres a little more info to hopefully help you help me solve this.

i installed FMRS and inside is FMRS  and a Game Data folder with another FMRS isnide??? first tried just that one then i tried both neither times work. but to clarify i have the most up to date installs of both dependencies but i know i installed them right because all my other mods are working just fine. mine goes just like this

• Kerbal Space Programm
    • GameData
      • 001_ToolbarControl
      • FMRS

I have no clue whats wrong... i tried installing the dependencies threw CKAN and still no change.

Edited by Gark1sch

1 hour ago, Gark1sch said:

i installed FMRS and inside is FMRS  and a Game Data folder with another FMRS isnide???

That sounds like a huge mess :o I would suggest to remove everything that is named 'FMRS' and install it again through CKAN.

By the way: Do you know that you need to be in a flight scene to see a FMRS icon? There is actually no icon at the KSC, editor, trackingstation or anywhere else, just in flight.

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

That sounds like a huge mess :o I would suggest to remove everything that is named 'FMRS' and install it again through CKAN.

By the way: Do you know that you need to be in a flight scene to see a FMRS icon? There is actually no icon at the KSC, editor, trackingstation or anywhere else, just in flight.

I couldnt find FMRS on CKAN

3 minutes ago, Gark1sch said:

Turns out downloading it off ckan didnt help anything i dont know how to post photos on here but if you tell me i can show you my game data? maybe that will give us some clues... im so stumped i have no clue why this mod wont work

You need to upload the picture to a host like imgur and copy&paste the link here. There is also a nice tutorial on this topic:

A log file might be helpful as well, preferable the output_log. If you use windows, it is located here:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\

(You can copy&paste the adress into the adressbar of any window)

If you use linux or mac, take a look into this thread to find the log file location:

You will need a filehoster/cloud for this one as well, like dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc...upload the file there and share a download link here :)

here is my game data. and to show FMRS isnt on the tool bar a SS of a BFR  around the mun ;)https://imgur.com/a/LYSkUqQ

above Mechjeb is a white icon. it has nothing todo with FMRS i checked.

15 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

You need to upload the picture to a host like imgur and copy&paste the link here. There is also a nice tutorial on this topic:

A log file might be helpful as well, preferable the output_log. If you use windows, it is located here:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\

(You can copy&paste the adress into the adressbar of any window)

If you use linux or mac, take a look into this thread to find the log file location:

You will need a filehoster/cloud for this one as well, like dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc...upload the file there and share a download link here :)

Edited by Gark1sch

3 minutes ago, Gark1sch said:

here is my game data. and to show FMRS isnt on the tool bar a SS of a BFR  around the mun ;)https://imgur.com/a/LYSkUqQ

You don't have ClickThoughBlocker installed, which is required for FMRS ;)

Also, it loos like you have two different versions of Toolbar Controller installed. Remove 'ToolbarControl' and keep '001_ToolbarControl'.

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

You don't have ClickThoughBlocker installed, which is required for FMRS ;)

Also, it loos like you have two different versions of Toolbar Controller installed. Remove 'ToolbarControl' and keep '001_ToolbarControl'.

thanks. i downloaded threw ckan? i used to have click though blocker when i did it manually but deleted to try again downloading it from ckan. guess FMRS forgot to put it as a Dependency on ckan

Even with click through blocker it still wont work...

16 hours ago, Gark1sch said:

thanks. i downloaded threw ckan? i used to have click though blocker when i did it manually but deleted to try again downloading it from ckan. guess FMRS forgot to put it as a Dependency on ckan

Even with click through blocker it still wont work...

Nope, just checked:

"depends": [
    { "name": "ModuleManager" } ,
    { "name": "RecoveryController" } ,
    { "name" : "ToolbarController" },
    { "name" : "ClickThroughBlocker" }
  ],

Thank you @4x4cheesecake for helping out

FYI, ALL of my mods are available through CKAN.  As of now, you can set the compatibility to 1.5 and up in ckan for my mods, they all work as far as I know

On 1/26/2019 at 12:09 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope, just checked:

"depends": [
    { "name": "ModuleManager" } ,
    { "name": "RecoveryController" } ,
    { "name" : "ToolbarController" },
    { "name" : "ClickThroughBlocker" }
  ],

Thank you @4x4cheesecake for helping out

FYI, ALL of my mods are available through CKAN.  As of now, you can set the compatibility to 1.5 and up in ckan for my mods, they all work as far as I know

I'm sorry but I still can't seem to find FMRS on CKAN even after allowing 1.5 and 1.6,but I can see your other mods.Am I doing something wrong?

4 hours ago, CellTechAeronautics said:

I'm sorry but I still can't seem to find FMRS on CKAN even after allowing 1.5 and 1.6,but I can see your other mods.Am I doing something wrong?

Welcome to the forum :)

Just to be sure: The mod is not called 'FMRS' in the first place but can be found by looking for this name:

eun7918.png

If absolut nothing is displayed when you search for FMRS:

-Make sure that you hit 'Accept' after setting 1.6 and 1.5 as compatible game versions
-Update the repository by hitting the 'Refresh' button
-Restart CKAN

It should work immediatlely after the setting 1.6 as a compatible game version but you never know^^

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I've been using the latest Tundra Exploration parts, and when I decouple the upper stage from the first stage and use FMRS to jump back to the latter, the upper stage decides to teleport back into said first stage and blows it all up, sending parts flying, even though the two stages have a lot of space inbetween them after decoupling. This is on the latest version on FMRS