[1.12.x] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS), now with RecoveryController integration

linuxgurugamer

7 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

its like all buttom of FMRS disapear as soon as i stage those part that i have chute and probe for recovery its so weird beacuse the FMRS works from start of rocket flight but when i stage those part i want to recover and they have both probe and chute the FMRS window become emptoy all buttom and even counter disapear 

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

On 11/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, Ninadragonborn said:

this is the log file i hope this is it 

https://file.io/diib05uISzxe

It's been deleted.

Problem with file.io is that once it's been downloaded by anyone, it gets deleted.  I prefer other services, but if you still want to use that, send me the link in  a PM so no one else will download it

You definitely have a problem, those FormatException messages are indicitive of it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's been deleted.

Problem with file.io is that once it's been downloaded by anyone, it gets deleted.  I prefer other services, but if you still want to use that, send me the link in  a PM so no one else will download it

You definitely have a problem, those FormatException messages are indicitive of it

thanks 

what link you mean i don't understand what link you mean 

but i really want to use this mod because its so close to real life recovering stages 

i use ckan for almost all my mod do you think using manual installation can fix that 

59 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

what link you mean i don't understand what link you mean

He means the link you posted for your log file.  The file was deleted and the link invalidated after the first person downloaded it.   When I click on your original link now I get this https://www.file.io/deleted/ because someone has already downloaded the file for viewing.

1 hour ago, Ninadragonborn said:

i use ckan for almost all my mod do you think using manual installation can fix that 

No.

However, @linuxgurugamerhas observed that there are errors in the log file that need to be addressed.  If you create a new game with only FMRS and necessary dependencies, do you reproduce the problem?

18 hours ago, Brigadier said:

He means the link you posted for your log file.  The file was deleted and the link invalidated after the first person downloaded it.   When I click on your original link now I get this https://www.file.io/deleted/ because someone has already downloaded the file for viewing.

No.

However, @linuxgurugamerhas observed that there are errors in the log file that need to be addressed.  If you create a new game with only FMRS and necessary dependencies, do you reproduce the problem?

ok now i get it. no i haven't test it with only FMRS because its 70 mods but if its really neccessery to remove all those mods  and there is no other way i will do it by the way this is the area i found from log file with FMRS error :

Uploading Crash Report
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at Vessel.get_LandedInStockLaunchSite () [0x00086] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at FlightState..ctor () [0x0015b] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride) [0x0001a] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene) [0x00045] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) [0x00000] in <a1ca58b5ca7140639de29a81de5e3f32>:0 
  at FMRS.FMRS_SAVE_Util.SaveGame (System.String func, System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) [0x00007] in <32de9b5bed124764871e0410ebde8f1d>:0 
  at FMRS.FMRS_Core.flight_scene_update_routine () [0x002e3] in <32de9b5bed124764871e0410ebde8f1d>:0 
  at FMRS.FMRS.Update () [0x00000] in <32de9b5bed124764871e0410ebde8f1d>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

------------------------

if this does not help i will uplaod the log file on another link 

Edited by Ninadragonborn

4 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

ok now i get it. no i haven't test it with only FMRS because its 70 mods but if its really neccessery to remove all those mods  and there is no other way i will do i

You definitely don't have to remove any mods.  KSP has no copy protection.  Therefore, you can copy the game folder as many times as you wish for your own personal use.  Never play on your original download.  Keep it as a pristine copy source.   If you use Steam, don't allow it to update unless you're prepared and willing.  As an aside, I don't think there will be many more KSP 1 updates but better safe...

Begin with a new, clean KSP download from from wherever you purchased the game.  Copy that to another folder and run that copy to the main menu then exit the game (the game creates files on first startup).  Install FMRS and the minimum dependencies necessary to launch a test vessel.  Test FMRS and see if you still get the errors.  Post the log file link and any pictures here.  Add a couple of mods.  Rinse and repeat the testing until you've a) identified the problem by adding/removing mods, or b) installed all of your mods and couldn't recreate the problem.

If you need a specific craft to perform the tests, make sure you install the fewest mods necessary.  Rebuild the vessel or copy the craft file from your main save.  Use the Alt-F12 cheat menu to make testing easier if necessary.  Post the log file link and pictures.

19 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

if this does not help i will uplaod the log file on another link 

Snippits like that are only helpful if the complete log file is also provided.   They are usually out of context without the rest of the log for reference

Only think I can say is, do you have enough disk space available?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Snippits like that are only helpful if the complete log file is also provided.   They are usually out of context without the rest of the log for reference

on the drive game installed or in the drive C because the game is another drive not drive C 

this is my log file upload it again 

https://file.io/M20y1DN03MhL

Edited by Ninadragonborn

on the drive game installed or in the drive C because the game is another drive not drive C 

That doesn't make any sense

this is my log file upload it again 

https://file.io/M20y1DN03MhL

Got it.

So, you are using multiple complicated mods, KRAMAX, FAR.

You have a lot going on.  Including what appears to be something that might be wrong with the craft file.

There may be a mod conflict, not sure.  Try making a new, clean install, with just FMRS and try to replicate it.  If it works, add a few more mods and try again.  Keep doing this until either you have it fail, or you have all the mods installed.

6 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@linuxgurugamer

I believe it's a question, along the lines of,  "Do you mean [the amount of space] on the drive the game is installed or on the C drive, because the game is not installed on C:?"

@NinadragonbornI'm pretty sure he'll ask for the drive on which the game is installed but provide both,  just in case.

Edited by Brigadier

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

i will do that but i believe its a huge amount of work because its 70 mods :wacko:

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Got it.

So, you are using multiple complicated mods, KRAMAX, FAR.

You have a lot going on.  Including what appears to be something that might be wrong with the craft file.

There may be a mod conflict, not sure.  Try making a new, clean install, with just FMRS and try to replicate it.  If it works, add a few more mods and try again.  Keep doing this until either you have it fail, or you have all the mods installed.

13 hours ago, Brigadier said:

@linuxgurugamer

I believe it's a question, along the lines of,  "Do you mean [the amount of space] on the drive the game is installed or on the C drive, because the game is not installed on C:?"

@NinadragonbornI'm pretty sure he'll ask for the drive on which the game is installed but provide both,  just in case.

i think i will do testing all mods which i believe will take a long time with 70 mods i don't know why this things always happen to me 

how much space i need on driver which game is installed i have 500 MB 

and 7GB on drive C 

i have found a terrible news it seems that the problem with the FMRS is only in my corrent career becaus i tested on both a new career and a sandbox mod and it works in both of them it seems the problem is only with my corrent career which makes me cry i have done so much in this corrent career and it did take a lot of time to get it going i don't want to start it all over again :valsob:

Edited by Ninadragonborn

15 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

i will do that but i believe its a huge amount of work because its 70 mods :wacko:

I have over 240 mods installed, and yes, it's a huge amount of work, but I've done it several times to resolve mod conflicts. 

I'm sure you understand that I don't have time to do it anytime someone has a problem

15 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

i have found a terrible news it seems that the problem with the FMRS is only in my corrent career becaus i tested on both a new career and a sandbox mod and it works in both of them it seems the problem is only with my corrent career which makes me cry i have done so much in this corrent career and it did take a lot of time to get it going i don't want to start it all over again :valsob:

That's sad.  Did you try the exact same vessel in a different career?

Worst case, remove it and just use Stage Recovery

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have over 240 mods installed, and yes, it's a huge amount of work, but I've done it several times to resolve mod conflicts. 

I'm sure you understand that I don't have time to do it anytime someone has a problem

That's sad.  Did you try the exact same vessel in a different career?

Worst case, remove it and just use Stage Recovery

i have done the test before even posting for help here with several vessel no luck i don't know what is the reason 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

I Just have a few questions about the mod?

1. Should it be safe to install the mod in a midgame safefile?

2.Is the re anything special to setup for RSS/RP1?

Because im allready pretty far in my RP1 playthrough and a viewer of me just mentioned i should use ur mods FMRS+RecoveryController to land my Stages and recover them. Well Its a great Idea but now the problem comes. After i installed FMRS+RC i tested some older crafts wich all should be able to reach orbit (tested this amssivly long befor) , but now they dont reach the orbit anymore. Today i figured out that when i replace the parts that start to drift away its all fine again. So here comes my 3rd question.

3. What does the mod change on existing craft and/or existing engines aswell as Procedural Parts?

Another wird thing is that after installing your mods, my Saved SaturnV Rocket with the Apollo Module on top i should ahve 3 Science Experiments on the CommandModule. But yea fter installing it seems that the craftfile only give me 2 Science Experiments anymore. Any reasons Why?

MFg

8 hours ago, Drehverschluss said:

Hello there!

I Just have a few questions about the mod?

1. Should it be safe to install the mod in a midgame safefile?

2.Is the re anything special to setup for RSS/RP1?

Because im allready pretty far in my RP1 playthrough and a viewer of me just mentioned i should use ur mods FMRS+RecoveryController to land my Stages and recover them. Well Its a great Idea but now the problem comes. After i installed FMRS+RC i tested some older crafts wich all should be able to reach orbit (tested this amssivly long befor) , but now they dont reach the orbit anymore. Today i figured out that when i replace the parts that start to drift away its all fine again. So here comes my 3rd question.

3. What does the mod change on existing craft and/or existing engines aswell as Procedural Parts?

Another wird thing is that after installing your mods, my Saved SaturnV Rocket with the Apollo Module on top i should ahve 3 Science Experiments on the CommandModule. But yea fter installing it seems that the craftfile only give me 2 Science Experiments anymore. Any reasons Why?

MFg

It _should_ be safe to install midgame, but make a full backup first

I don't think anything special needs to be done for RSS/RP1, but I don't play those, so no real idea

It doesn't change anything on parts

So, hate to ask this, but is this working on 1.11+ yet?

The thread title still says 1.9.x

I'm waiting for this to be fully compatible with latest KSP versions (currently only using 1.11 because of un-updated mods) before jumping too heavily back into my current career save.

And may I say, as always, to past, current, and future modders here, great work and I appreciate all of it!  This mod has been a cornerstone of my playthroughs for years!

Edited by Northstar1989

21 minutes ago, Northstar1989 said:

So, hate to ask this, but is this working on 1.11+ yet?

The thread title still says 1.9.x

I'm waiting for this to be fully compatible with latest KSP versions (currently only using 1.11 because of un-updated mods) before jumping too heavily back into my current career save.

And may I say, as always, to past, current, and future modders here, great work and I appreciate all of it!  This mod has been a cornerstone of my playthroughs for years!

It works, just updated the title