KSP 1.2.9 and 1.3: Localization Update Stationary Train Consist

Whirligig Girl

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I'm pretty sure that such a decision will depend on the future profit of the 'Making History' expansion. 

What I would like to see is that if at some point in the future the decide to stop KSP development, at least they make all the code open source so the modders community can take over it. 

For me KSP mods development is now much more important that any development from Squad. 

I really don't think they would make the code open source, what they might do though is increase the ways a mod can affect the program and release that information to help modders.

I am of the opinion that the future of the stock game is now fixed, we are just not being told that. The only future development of the stock game will be to accommodate DLC. How profitable the DLC is will determine whether there are more expansions.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, klgraham1013 said:

True, but saying it's a small update is ignoring the work that has been done.

I also think people need to to start considering that KSP might be close to finished in Squad's eyes.

I wasn't dismissing the work - I get that its a big update and its great news if your not a native English speaker but I just think its hard to Hype something that doesn't change your Kerbin.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, klgraham1013 said:

True, but saying it's a small update is ignoring the work that has been done.

I also think people need to to start considering that KSP might be close to finished in Squad's eyes.

agree roll on the DLC - endless small packets at $14.99 like the Tropico series.

I was wondering too, we must be relatively close by now. Not the most exciting update though. But, thats the way with updates, they cant all be exciting to everyone. As I see it, most if not all updates are in general, a good thing.

12 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Is this officially the longest running hype train?  Can't be certain, but it does feel that way.

Think it is, soon 3 months or a quarter of a year :) And not a single rumor on completion date :huh::confused:

On 16/05/2017 at 8:17 PM, klgraham1013 said:

Is this officially the longest running hype train?  Can't be certain, but it does feel that way.

If it isn't, it feels like it. Longest or not, it is the most un-hyped hype thread I have known.

I must admit to finding it hard to be excited about an update which is more likely to introduce bugs than improve my game, english being my first language.

EDIT : Five days between posts in a hype thread? Really?

Edited by John FX

18 hours ago, John FX said:

If it isn't, it feels like it. Longest or not, it is the most un-hyped hype thread I have known.

I must admit to finding it hard to be excited about an update which is more likely to introduce bugs than improve my game, english being my first language.

EDIT : Five days between posts in a hype thread? Really?

I don't speak a single word in Russian, Japanese or Spanish, I can count from 1 to 10 in Chinese though :D  

Maybe there is a hype going on somewhere, but we're not able to understand a word of it? 

Yeah, it's a bit difficult to get hyped over an update that will not bring a single feature I need or want, yet is bound to break at least some of my mods and introduce a few bugs. For all intents and purposes, for anyone fluent in english, 1.3 boils down to a free period of pain in the neck.

Still, I don't mind it if it helps people who were previously unable to enjoy the game. Good for them. But it is certainly the first update I'm not looking forward to and would opt out of if it wasn't for future compatibility issues.

I'm really tired of the people complaining about this update. I think is great to have multi-language KSP, every great game has support for more than one language. 

I'm from Spain and I have an advanced English level but I can't say the same for some of my friends or family. This is going to make KSP finally more accessible for a great number of people around the world and I'm happy about that.

I am very happy that non English speakers will now be able to enjoy the game as much as I do, but as a native English speaker, it's hard to show excitement for the localization update even if I wanted to.  It's wonderful that it's happening, but the waiting game is getting a little dull and I think that has put a damper on the enthusiasm for the patch. 

On the plus side, the longer 1.2.2 lingers around, the longer the mods aren't broken!

Edited by Galileo

I'll get on the hype train, and contribute some hype coal of my own:

Once they've done the Localization Pack, they'll never have to do it again because it'll be done and 1.4 can be other stuff! Personally I'm all for getting basic stuff like this out of the way as early as possible, because it makes the base game more versatile and robust and gives modders more freedom earlier. Hype hype hype!