Download KSP outside of steam

SolidJuho

Hey, 

I have bought KSP from steam and played it A LOT, so everything is working fine.

Is there way to download KSP from somewhere else, because if i would game from KSP website instead of steam. I could download game from there and play it, without installing steam.

Can i link my steam aclovely person to KSP one so i can download KSP from there example.

Here is my steam account to proof i am not pirate: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SolidJuho/

Hello @SolidJuho, I am sorry to have to say that there are no options for getting KSP from another vendor such as the Squad store or Good Old Games without buying the game again from one of these places.

However, it is possible to download and install Steam games without using the full Steam client, SteamCMD lets you download any free Steam game and any Steam game that you own, even if it is not on your operating system.

The command for KSP would be like this.

steamcmd +login <username> <password> +force_install_dir c:\KSP\ +app_update 220200 validate +quit

51 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

steamcmd +login <username> <password> +force_install_dir c:\KSP\ +app_update 220200 validate +quit

Hey,

i used that same command, but i got only this error

D:\SteamCMD>steamcmd +login SolidJuho <removed> <mobile authcode> +force_install_dir c:\KSP\ +app_update 220200 validate +quit
Redirecting stderr to 'D:\SteamCMD\logs\stderr.txt'
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'SolidJuho' to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for license info...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '220200' (No subscription)

My command is from memory, and may be incorrect, I'll ask someone who uses SteamCMD more to help you.

Also, this error is covered on the SteamCMD page.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#ERROR.21_Failed_to_install_app_.27xxxxxx.27_.28No_subscription.29

ERROR! Failed to install app 'xxxxxx' (No subscription)

If you get the 'No subscription' error, the game/server you are trying to download either requires a login or that you have purchased the game. You will therefore have to log in with a Steam username and password – if that doesn't help, you may need to purchase a copy of the game on Steam first.

I expect you will need to contact Steam for help, as this is not something we can address here on the KSP forums.

26 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

My command is from memory, and may be incorrect, I'll ask someone who uses SteamCMD more to help you.

Also, this error is covered on the SteamCMD page.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#ERROR.21_Failed_to_install_app_.27xxxxxx.27_.28No_subscription.29

I expect you will need to contact Steam for help, as this is not something we can address here on the KSP forums.

Well, i think now why it did not work. I don't have it on my steam collection, because it is shared from my old steam account, which i gave to my little brother years ago. I need to try contact him

But i hope that i could connect steam account to KSP account, so it would be possible download there without downloading steam or steamcmd. I have maybe told this earlier, but example Prison Architect does have this thing and it is VERY usefull, like i can download any versio of the game i want. 

But thanks for your help. :)

Edited by SolidJuho

You can go into steam, download the game and then right click on the game, select properties, click local files and select "browse local files".  Then copy these files out of steam and delete steam.

16 minutes ago, Rath said:

You can go into steam, download the game and then right click on the game, select properties, click local files and select "browse local files".  Then copy these files out of steam and delete steam.

Point was that i could not install steam.

I already got copy of ksp in external hardrive, but i forgot it to take with me to vacation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.