[1.2.2] Kargantua System [v0.2a] - the first PROPER black hole system in KSP

Artyomka15

10 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Is there a wormhole near Jool I can go through to get to Kargantua?

For now there's no wormhole :(

But i'm planning to add it. I think it will not be too hard to write the wormhole plugin... (I already done it before in my previous mod, but, well, the previous version of the wormhole was very glitchy) 

Edited by Artyomka15

This is very interesting, but it's way too close to Kerbol. As it has been said, it's within Plock-Karen orbit. I'd push this at least 10x further away and that's really, really close.

There are mods that allow travel to great distances, much greater than OPM gives us. Why not use this fact?

If you're gonna add a wormhole (somehow), make it an addon for Sarnus from OPM. :)

Edited by lajoswinkler

1 hour ago, lajoswinkler said:

This is very interesting, but it's way too close to Kerbol. As it has been said, it's within Plock-Karen orbit. I'd push this at least 10x further away and that's really, really close.

There are mods that allow travel to great distances, much greater than OPM gives us. Why not use this fact?

If you're gonna add a wormhole (somehow), make it an addon for Sarnus from OPM. :)

I agree with the distance being too close, but I think the wormhole should be with Jool, not Sarnus, so people that don't use OPM can still benefit from the mod. Sure, I know may people do use OPM, but there are those who do not. :wink: 

20 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

it could be that if you don't have OPM (AKA Stock) it will be around Jool, If you have OPM it would move it to Sarnus

Just a thought, perhaps package the visual enhancements part of the mod in a separate mod or just a separate addon that's integrated into this thread? Would make it easier for others to create their own adaptations of a "Kargantua Visual Enhancements" or even just make it easier for first-timers and not have their PC blow up :)

Also, maybe not package visual enhancements for every body in the Kerbol system with the mod? :P

Edited by themaster401

1 hour ago, MerseesreM said:

this is verry cool but, how compatible is this mod with other planet packs and rescale mods?

It should be fully compatible with any other planet packs, but I'm not sure if its compatible with the packs that replaces the stock Kerbol system, they might have planets that orbits at high distance and might intersect the orbit of Kargantua, so it might cause a lot of glitches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on a visual overhaul

ualhh68.png

DTJfd8I.png

dSWXVIA.png

Also, completely redesigned Admun's atmosphere/clouds (inspired by the Alien planet from Space Engineers)

09qHxiZ.png

yS4qcai.png

q222JQt.png

Edited by Artyomka15

Incredible black hole mod man! But I have two questions:

How did you find a good map with a giant volcano?

And could you add a wormhole so you can make Jool mission rockets instead of cheating or warping there?

But cool mod! I would like to see it develop and grow into a nice sized Solar System.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.