[1.2.2] Kargantua System [v0.2a] - the first PROPER black hole system in KSP

Artyomka15

I'm on mobile right now, so I can't download to investigate, but does the black hole lack "terrain"? In other words, can a ship get near and be torn apart by the singularity, kind of like what can happen on the rare occasion that you find a rift in Kerbin's seafloor and sink down to the center in a submarine?

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

10 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

I'm on mobile right now, so I can't download to investigate, but does the black hole lack "terrain"? In other words, can a ship get near and be torn apart by the singularity, kind of like what can happen on the rare occasion that you find a rift in Kerbin's seafloor and sink down to the center in a submarine?

The black hole uses the Sun as the template, so you just crash on the surface. However, I think the extreme gravity might tear it apart. I have not tested it yet, though. I'm too scared to go close to that thing :/

Edited by Adstriduum

The mod has awesome detail but I would have preferred it if it was possible to be added to an existing game. Unfortunately the new system is too close to Kerbol and once you drop it there all existing craft orbits are significantly perturbed by the nearby gravity potential. in that respect, where can one change the distance from kerbol for the his BH system?

Yeah just add a bunch of zeroes to the black hole's SMA figure and you'll be fine. Really though, the mod dev would be wise to do that himself at some point. Until then you'll just have to edit it manually. :) 

Edited by wadusher1

On 3/12/2017 at 4:14 AM, TheEpicSquared said:

I agree with the distance being too close, but I think the wormhole should be with Jool, not Sarnus, so people that don't use OPM can still benefit from the mod. Sure, I know may people do use OPM, but there are those who do not. :wink: 

Haha, love how you have your location as the binary version as the coordinates for Area 51 :wink:

Just judging by the screenshots, this looks absolutely gorgeous. I can see how you replicated gravitational lensing for the black hole, and it looks great. The terrain on Namm also looks incredible, though I'm a little confused by the pine trees haha. Definitely up there in terms of greatest planet packs. Nice job.

Re: Working now. Installed the mod incorrectly. I'm losing my shiz over the new looks of the planets 

it appears to only be affecting the ones with an atmosphere. Tried redownloading the mod, tried redownloading the game. Nothing's working for me.. :mad:;.;  It destroys the textures of all the planets with atmospheres and the stars look blocky and wierd

Edited by CantSpellSlaughterWithout

17 hours ago, CantSpellSlaughterWithout said:

Re: Working now. Installed the mod incorrectly. I'm losing my shiz over the new looks of the planets 

it appears to only be affecting the ones with an atmosphere. Tried redownloading the mod, tried redownloading the game. Nothing's working for me.. :mad:;.;  It destroys the textures of all the planets with atmospheres and the stars look blocky and wierd

You're gonna need images. Sounds like a scatterer problem causing this. 

Can we have a screenshot of your GameData folder and also whatever is happening in the game?

Log files would be useful too.

Just now, Gameslinx said:

You're gonna need images. Sounds like a scatterer problem causing this. 

Can we have a screenshot of your GameData folder and also whatever is happening in the game?

Log files would be useful too.

It's alright. I fixed the issue. I don't use scatterer with it anymore, as It craps on my framerate and I like the planets without it. EVE is working nicely, though. Thanks.

I was wondering, the description for Admun says it's the most Kerbin-like planet in the Kerbal Galaxy, but it's atmosphere is only at 0.0667 atm. Is that intentional, or is there an extra zero in there by mistake? I might just be misunderstanding what it means by most like Kerbin.

20 hours ago, billybob579 said:

I was wondering, the description for Admun says it's the most Kerbin-like planet in the Kerbal Galaxy, but it's atmosphere is only at 0.0667 atm. Is that intentional, or is there an extra zero in there by mistake? I might just be misunderstanding what it means by most like Kerbin.

The planets have nearly nothing inside their atmosphere confignodes. Their atmospheres are, therefore, broken.

@Artyomka15 You might want to deal with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 3:08 AM, Matchlight said:

Is it possible I can use the some of the cloud textures in this mod and implement them into my own? You would be credited.

Why not make your own? Or use Astronomer's since the mod you are compiling is a a reboot of his pack? You already have the best available? If you just use others assets, you are going to be toeing the line of "mod pack".

Edited by Galileo

27 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

What visual mods is this compatible with? Im using KSPRC, is it compatible? If not, what other visual mods will it work with?

Also, 1.3?

It won't work with any visual mods stock because Kargantua comes with it's own set. Solution? Delete the EVE config for the Kerbol system from Kargantua and install your visual mod.

14 hours ago, themaster401 said:

It won't work with any visual mods stock because Kargantua comes with it's own set. Solution? Delete the EVE config for the Kerbol system from Kargantua and install your visual mod.

Ok, Ill try that.

Edited by Starslinger999

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.