[1.2.2] Kargantua System [v0.2a] - the first PROPER black hole system in KSP

Artyomka15

And there goes Gargantua once again.

It might be too early to say, but maybe it's about time an Interstellar mod is managed to be compatible with KSP versions as they come out. I understand that there are many reasons as to why the developer hasn't been heard from lately, but as the profile indicates he has been keeping watch over the forum. I wish I could compile some kind of fix for the bugs present, but of course, I don't have such knowledge on Kopernicus and the custom Instantiator plugin.

Bugs that seem to be apparent in 1.3 include the terrain of the added planets warping onto their sides (confirmed on Namm), the volumetric accretion disk flying away, and an incredibly bothersome Kopernicus bug regarding solar panels and the presence of two solar power-emitting bodies, which lags the game heavily.

Edited by themaster401

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/07/2017 at 6:55 AM, themaster401 said:

Bugs that seem to be apparent in 1.3 include the terrain of the added planets warping onto their sides (confirmed on Namm), the volumetric accretion disk flying away, and an incredibly bothersome Kopernicus bug regarding solar panels and the presence of two solar power-emitting bodies, which lags the game heavily.

@Artyomka15 you will need to fix this for KSP 1.3, as this will affect you as well (unless you want huge output logs, which is also an option):

ZHrqzQn.png

When applying a disk texture to a body that uses the template 'Sun', this will pop up in your output log when the body is visible 100% of the time:

TimingFI threw during Update: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.Flux (ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator fi, Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar star) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.SunBodyFlux (ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator flightIntegrator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.CalculateSunBodyFlux () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.ThermoPrecalculate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.TimedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TimingFI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This is because of Instantiator. Removing it fixes the problem. I would really appreciate a fix for this, otherwise I will be forced to drop the plugin from my mod completely (people won't like that :P )

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017/3/25 at 11:26 AM, themaster401 said:

Well, technically it will, but probably horribly. I'm working on an RSS-compatible edition right now, and under the OP's permission, I might release it.

Err sorry for replying you after such a long time, but is the RSS edition completed by now? If not, maybe I can offer some help. I can do some basic cfg work.

I'm getting these weird giant purple things. I'm currently using Galatic neighboorhood, all the planet packs in it, plus a few extra, and and there's these enormus giant purple bands coming from Karguantua. Also the disk and visual effects are gone. When I say enormus, its from near the galatic core where Kargaunta is, and they extend way out after the last star. plz help when someone responds I'll put some screenshots. Thanks. Edit: Its not coming for Karguanta I realized, Its comeing directly from the core of Namm

Another edit: I deleted Namm, which removed the giant purple "streamers" and thus fixed it, but its still wierd. Anyone know what's causing it?

Edited by Guest
Fix

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 1:22 PM, The-Doctor said:

@Artyomka15 I want to play career but start on a planet around Kargantua, is it possible?

I made a config that sets Kargantua as the center body and moves the Space Center to Limmer, just put it in your GameData along with the mod, it uses the textures from the mod folder.

Might require you to go into INSTANTIATOR/Objects.cfg and change the disk body from "Kargantua" to "Sun".

Edited by Mrcarrot

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone please update this! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's beautiful mods like this getting a really short life with an awfully abrupt death for some reason. I would really like this trend to stop so late arrivals like myself can still enjoy these. It's like being invited to a party and forgetting, and then when you finally remember you rush to get there only to find out that you missed all the major events. Can I get any agreements?

10 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Someone please update this! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's beautiful mods like this getting a really short life with an awfully abrupt death for some reason. I would really like this trend to stop so late arrivals like myself can still enjoy these. It's like being invited to a party and forgetting, and then when you finally remember you rush to get there only to find out that you missed all the major events. Can I get any agreements?

See, if we were able to update this to 1.3 we already would have done it. Unfortunately, the plugin that drives the black hole is nonfunctional in 1.3 (despite its source code being available and literally fitting on my screen... it cannot be that difficult to recompile and fix, can it?) and the developer is likely long gone. This, coupled with the fact that the mod's visual effects are plagued by the license-violating workings of a user that will remain anonymous, makes it quite likely this mod will not be updated for some time unless someone apart from the developer takes a shot.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Der_Geraet_named_Jeb said:

I'm begging you. Please make your Mod compatible with 1.3.1 so we can use it together with the Endurance Mod by JPLRepo. That would be GREAT.

If someone gets it to work with 1.3.1, please let me know.

Well, the answer to your questions have been answered by the end of the year. It's literally the post above yours:

On 04/12/2017 at 1:23 PM, themaster401 said:

See, if we were able to update this to 1.3 we already would have done it. Unfortunately, the plugin that drives the black hole is nonfunctional in 1.3 (despite its source code being available and literally fitting on my screen... it cannot be that difficult to recompile and fix, can it?) and the developer is likely long gone. This, coupled with the fact that the mod's visual effects are plagued by the license-violating workings of a user that will remain anonymous, makes it quite likely this mod will not be updated for some time unless someone apart from the developer takes a shot.

• 2 months later...

About that visual effects with licensing violation workings - it's the source images that where withdrawn without license from other works, of the resulting renderings that offends the Interstellar's copyright holders rights?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.