[1.3.1]Kermantech MK3 IVA

luizopiloto

Kermantech-MK3-IVA
A Kerbal Space Program mod with an improved IVA for the stock MK3 Shuttle Cockpit.

ZJ2uNQe.jpg7fyRf1g.jpgUSDgCjD.jpg

Imgur Album

Requirements

The following are all requirements for using Kermantech MK3 IVA (and not included in this package):

* Kerbal Space Program v1.3.0 or later
* ASET Avionics Pack v2.0 or later
* ASET Props Pack v1.4 or later
* Module Manager v2.8.1 or later
* RasterPropMonitor v0.29.0 or later

Download

(GitHub): https://github.com/luizopiloto/Kermantech-MK3-IVA/releases

Installation

Merge the GameData folder in this archive with the GameData folder in your KSP installation.  The contents of this archive do not overwrite existing files anywhere but GameData/Kermantech

Removing this mod is as simple as deleting the GameData/Kermantech folder.

Licenses

88x31.png

The contents of this mod are released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license (CC BY-ND 3.0) with the following exceptions:

All props and textures included in this mod were originally created by Alexustas.  They are covered by the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC BY-NC-SA).
Some of them have been modified for inclusion in this mod.

12 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! I can't wait to run a mission with this cockpit!

feels like FSX if you already know how to use the props. Specially if you use the NAV radio and the HSI for landings... :P

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the mod !

However there are a few things that I find a little troublesome...
- A lot of information is in the middle of the cockpit, but not facing any kerbal, or are hard to access (like the brake and gear buttons)... I have to tilt my head 90° if I want to read info on the central MFD (Or double click it to change the viewpoint, which took me a while to figure out! and that's not very easing to do when you're busing docking for example)
- Speaking of which, an extra, easily accessible MFD would be nice (maybe on the sides, where the light buttons are, so the MFD faces you ?)

Otherwise, great mod, that finally gave me a reason to use the MK3 cockpit again !

You can use the AFT deck for docking, If the docking port is inside the bay like a shuttle...You can access it by double clicking the CRT.
This IVA was intended to look more vintage, MFD is there to show some info the analog props can't show, like the Orbital Map.
I'm working on a more modern looking IVA with more MFDs and a lower deck, but will take some time to be done...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can use the AFT deck for docking, If the docking port is inside the bay like a shuttle...You can access it by double clicking the CRT.
This IVA was intended to look more vintage, MFD is there to show some info the analog props can't show, like the Orbital Map.
I'm working on a more modern looking IVA with more MFDs and a lower deck, but will take some time to be done...

How can I use the AFT Deck? The MK3 has 4 seats and all are in flight direction.

Edit: I found it. :wink:

Edited by Cheesecake

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ChickenBot448 said:

Is the Mod compatible with other Mk3 IVA mods like the Mk3 Mid-Deck mod/Mk3 6 Seat mod? It would be nice to have this mod and a 6 seat crew to make it more space shuttle like.

I think not... because the internal model is not the stock one...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sweetie bot said:

That Really Great! But I still thing something missing.....

How about add one big red Master Alerts under HUD?

The master alerts lights are in the middle like the Shuttle... I used the old Shuttle dashboard as a reference to place the instruments...
Also, the HUD itself have a Master Alert indicator...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge IVA fan and I think this is a great mod! The only minor "complain" I have is that you should replace the Apollo Guidance Computer with more "useful" screens like the big RPM ones. I have on savefile where I only play from the IVA and you just need the big monitors to dock for example.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

I apologize for coming late to the party, but what mod is required for the HSI and Nav radios to function properly?

Just the ones on the requirements list.
You have to set the the freq. on the nav radios and set the heading on the HSI.
 The nav charts you can use: https://imgur.com/a/XmIsB

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2018 at 6:57 PM, luizopiloto said:

I still have plans, but will take some time... because I'm making custom MFDs and a new internal model with a lower deck...

Beautiful! I'm glad to hear it. That means I don't have to hack together something myself, or spend another two months placing props for the Mk3 in Warbird Cockpits. :D 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.