No signal?

Hi there again,

I know that I have posted a similar question to this one just a few days ago (about probes and signal), but now I have another problem, so I am going to use the forums again (sorry, still a big KSP newbie). So, I have a probe that has no signal:

wDuP6Oc.png

It has no signal since there is Minmus in the way between it and Kerbin. But...

D9kVgOk.png

Why cant it just use the vessel next to it which clearly has a very good connection to Kerbin as a relay to get connected? Is that not possible?

As always, thanks for any help,

Anonymmm

41 minutes ago, dangerhamster said:

Does the other vessel have any relay antennas fitted and deployed? If not it's a no go I'm afraid.

It has, two fully functioning and deployed Communatron DTS-M1 antennas.

PS: Anybody knows how to make "part links" (so the name of the part shines bright blue in the text and can be clicked on)? Thx...

4 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

I don't see any relay antennas on your probe! And that is its fatal flaw,perhaps you still can use SAS and do expirements!

Do I need a relay antenna? Isnt four Communatron DTS-M1 antennas enought?

Just now, Anonymmm said:

Do I need a relay antenna? Isnt four Communatron DTS-M1 antennas enought?

It's not the probe that's the problem here. If the vessel you're trying to use as a relay doesn't have any relay antennae on it (i.e. an HG-5, RA-2, RA-15, or RA-100), it can't be used as a relay.

11 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Your communatron does nothing in terms of relaying signal, it is made only to transmit something, not used as a relay!

9 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

It's not the probe that's the problem here. If the vessel you're trying to use as a relay doesn't have any relay antennae on it (i.e. an HG-5, RA-2, RA-15, or RA-100), it can't be used as a relay.

Oh... had no idea there were relay antennas and normal antennas. Well... thanks! At least now I know!

Btw I completed the probe contract anyway, just had to be a bit more creative in order to get it into the right orbit.... :) 

EDIT: Lol just realised that that means that basicly my entire satelite network doesnt actually work :D

Well...

Edited by Anonymmm
Forgot to put "EDIT:"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.