Antihydrogen Particle Acceleration Thrust Device (Poll)

ForumUser

Poll  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Antihydrogen Particle Acceleration Thrust Device exist in my mod?

You know @ForumUser, it's great that you're excited about the game and wish to contribute.

But how do you expect us to react to a thread like this? You might as well be asking "are you thinking what I'm thinking? vote yes/no" with no context, because that's all that this is. You offer no description of the device, no explanation of the science involved, no artwork or at least inspiration for how it's supposed to look, and no plans about what role it is supposed to fulfill and how it will fit together with the rest of the content planned for your mod (which you haven't told us anything about either).

We cannot read your mind. The results of this poll will be completely unusable. The most likely result is that everyone votes "no" just because they have no idea what you're talking about.

A lot of the posts you've been making have this problem, where you spend like 30 seconds tops throwing out a spur-of-the-moment idea without thinking it through. I really think it would help you if you just take a step back and calm down a bit. Think about what you want or need people to know, then check if what you are writing actually communicates that information. A single well thought out post that takes you ten minutes to craft can do more to bring people aboard your train of thought than a hundred half-minute one-liners.

It would be a shame to lose a potential contributor to the community because you end up feeling that the forum doesn't respond positively enough, or that nobody takes you seriously. But this is almost entirely in your own hands: show us that you're taking things seriously yourself, and you'll find that people will open up in a hurry :)

3 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

You know @ForumUser, it's great that you're excited about the game and wish to contribute.

But how do you expect us to react to a thread like this? You might as well be asking "are you thinking what I'm thinking? vote yes/no" with no context, because that's all that this is. You offer no description of the device, no explanation of the science involved, no artwork or at least inspiration for how it's supposed to look, and no plans about what role it is supposed to fulfill and how it will fit together with the rest of the content planned for your mod (which you haven't told us anything about either).

We cannot read your mind. The results of this poll will be completely unusable. The most likely result is that everyone votes "no" just because they have no idea what you're talking about.

A lot of the posts you've been making have this problem, where you spend like 30 seconds tops throwing out a spur-of-the-moment idea without thinking it through. I really think it would help you if you just take a step back and calm down a bit. Think about what you want or need people to know, then check if what you are writing actually communicates that information. A single well thought out post that takes you ten minutes to craft can do more to bring people aboard your train of thought than a hundred half-minute one-liners.

It would be a shame to lose a potential contributor to the community because you end up feeling that the forum doesn't respond positively enough, or that nobody takes you seriously. But this is almost entirely in your own hands: show us that you're taking things seriously yourself, and you'll find that people will open up in a hurry :)

Thanks for helping. I will try and do that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.