new mission suggestion

suggestion for a new type of contracts to incentive the build and the usage of rovers (in three different career i sent just once a rover on the mun).

• "Bring a brand new rover on the surface of xxx and travel on it at least yyy meters"
Edited by tab

The game already kinda has that. If you land a rover on the surface the game will recognize it has wheels and generate a contract with a bunch of landmarks around the rover to visit them.

Edited by Veeltch

Spoiler

Wait, if i understand your post, its kinda different.

One thing is the system that decect there is a rover and it create a contract to say "move it".

Another thing is a contract that Say "build a brand new rover with this components and send it there"

Edit: Sorry for the spoiler, i wrote via mobile and i cant fix it

Edited by tab

5 hours ago, tab said:
  Hide contents

Wait, if i understand your post, its kinda different.

One thing is the system that decect there is a rover and it create a contract to say "move it".

Another thing is a contract that Say "build a brand new rover with this components and send it there"

Edit: Sorry for the spoiler, i wrote via mobile and i cant fix it

OK, so it works like this:

You land a rover -> the games sees that -> it generates contracts with landmarks near the rover.

Now this is (IMO) better than what you suggest because the game leaves the design of the rover up to you. Not everybody wants to be told how to build their things and which parts to use. The basic mechanic of both concepts are pretty much the same though: send the rover -> get to drive it -> get rewarded.

Now, I don't always praise the contracts system but these rover contracts are one of my favourite things in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.