A question regarding recolouring ugly old Minmus with Kopernicus.

Dear fellow Kerbonauts, Kerbaneers and Kerbaniacs,

I have a question: is it difficult to give Minmus a different colour with Kopernicus? I like the little moon's low gravity, but I avoid it like the plague, because I can't stand looking at that ugly mint green colour. I've sworn never to set foot upon a space rock that has a weird colour. It really ruins the experience for me. So can somebody please show me a tutorial on how to edit existing bodies. Is it just a matter of a altering a few lines of code or would I have to write pieces of text as long as the Dead Sea Scrolls? Or would there be a hero, with sufficent experience in planet altering magick, who would take up this daunting task to help this poor chap out? xD I have less than 0% experience and know how in these kinds of matters. :P In that case I would be forever grateful and will name my firstborn after you.

Something else: I downloaded the mods that give Jool and Eve a different colour a while back. Absolutely love them. But is it possible to remove the ''water'' on Eve?

Cheerio.

Maybe you should have a look at https://github.com/kopernicus/kopernicusexamples.

For example, there is Hodor example with lines:
        ScaledVersion
        {
            Material
            {
                texture = KopernicusExamples/Creating New Bodies/ProceduralBody/PluginData/Hodor_color.dds
                normals = KopernicusExamples/Creating New Bodies/ProceduralBody/PluginData/Hodor_normal.dds
            }
        } 

Maybe you should try to redefine this for Minmus or create a Minmus clone and hide the original one?

3 hours ago, cantab said:

@GregroxMun Didn't you do a different coloured Minmus in Alternis Kerbol Reloaded Rekerjiggered?

Yep, NovaS made it red in the original, and I make it red by the same method but with Kopernicus. In Revamped Stock System I also give it a dirty green texture as opposed to pristine light green.

71IFJ6T.pngw4GkzYp.png

BTW, keep in mind that, (if you scale the system up by 10x) Minmus would be big enough to be a dwarf planet. @NovaSilisko claims Minmus is a big captured comet.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:52 AM, Jimmy Stiff-Fingers said:

Dear fellow Kerbonauts, Kerbaneers and Kerbaniacs...

...I've sworn never to set foot upon a space rock that has a weird colour. It really ruins the experience for me.

While I don't remove the unique colors from Duna, Eve and Jool for RevSSS, I do tone them down a bit. I also make Ike more interesting in its heightmap. If you want a more normal colored Eve and Jool, then check out Sigma88's JoolRecolor and EveRecolor.

wdGQWa3.pngXJyxjBD.pngjC4JhHR.pngtholmaw.png

If you want a darker, rockier, clayier Minmus then I can prepare one for you in a few minutes.

Edited by GregroxMun

On 15-3-2017 at 8:21 PM, GregroxMun said:

Note that this won't change the science definitions, so the Kerbals will think it's Mint instead of Chocolate. But it is dark brown now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wgp4mlyt7lo71x/DarkMinmus.zip?dl=0

http://imgur.com/a/XJOA7

q9DDYXD.png

Holy poopsnacks! I love it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I already have the Sigma recollor mods. Really like them. I think it's time for me to learn to use this planet altering magick. Those oceans on Eve are going down...

Edited by Jimmy Stiff-Fingers

Kopernicus Examples on GitHub.

But note that all you can do with this method is give Dres a different color scheme. I really doubt that giving Dres a browner color is going to fix its issues, and further I don't even think Dres looks that bad.

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.