Spaceplane won't come to complete stop

Hello all. I am having a slight issue with a career mode space plane of mine (not really a "space" plane but you know what I mean).

When it lands, I can not get it to come to a complete stop.

Example; I took off from KSC, and flew to the abandoned airfield off the coast. I landed fine, but despite cutting all throttle, and even unnecessarily manually shutting down the engines and closing the intakes, and even with applying brakes and leaving them turned on, my plane would just roll at about 3 m/s. Constant yawing would bleed it down to under 1 m/s, but no matter what, it will not come to a complete stop.

It is early in my career and early in my plane research, so the gear I am using is the starter fixed gear. I have not fiddled with their parameters other than disabling steering for the rear 2 and only have the nose gear steer. 

4 hours ago, jros83 said:

It is early in my career and early in my plane research, so the gear I am using is the starter fixed gear. I have not fiddled with their parameters other than disabling steering for the rear 2 and only have the nose gear steer. 

So, the fixed steerable wheel is the one you're using? Well, that one doesn't have brakes :sticktongue: 

The two lowest-tech landing gears are to be used together: one breaks, one steers.

Edited by monstah
they both -break-, really

I suspect that you also have the reaction wheel in your cockpit still active. When you do the yawing, the reaction wheel adds force, which keeps everything moving. If you disable the reaction wheel and then yaw, you will probably come to a stop -- even with brakeless wheels.

23 minutes ago, Allocthonous said:

I'd say that you misspelled 'brakes' there, but given my experiences with the low tech landing gear I'm pretty sure your spelling is more correct.

Um, yes. I should have meant 'they both break, but only one brakes' :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.