KSP Weekly: Remembering Gagarin

SQUAD

On 3/11/2017 at 0:51 AM, SQUAD said:
The art department is also very busy helping us out with really cool content that we’ll be able to show you soon. One involves a very large nebula image, which according to Leticia is very relaxing to paint.

Ooh, thats interesting, new skybox?

Im picturing a huge canvas hung on a wall in an apparently abandoned warehouse, the artist picks up gobs of paint in their hands, liberally smearing it into shape with 80's music blasting from an old casette walkman.

On 11.03.2017 at 5:51 AM, SQUAD said:

Asteroid Redirect Mod:Yes this is not a new thing, but this will finally be merged to the base game to add that extra facet to contract gameplay without needing an extra download - including the SENTINEL Infrared Telescope, the final art to make the main game.

I wonder, may be since it's going to be stock, may be asteroids will be undetectable (or at least less likely) WITHOUT actual sentinel telescope?

Never mind - not going to happen.

On 11.03.2017 at 11:39 AM, Terwin said:

Asteroids around Kerbin should always be available once you have a level 3 tracking station, the camera just lets you get them near other bodies as well.

Still want terrain fix though...

On 12.03.2017 at 6:11 AM, TriggerAu said:

Thats a cool idea, let me see if we can find a free key

If we are talking about hotkeys here, can we have "show internal spaces" hotkey because... You know small tiny thingy to left of kerbal's face is horrible... You need to pop up it first, then press... Horrible usability...

Edited by evileye.x

On 3/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, panzer1b said:

Thanks alot for looking into that, increasing brightness may be good for streaming, but it completely kills immersion (for those of us that both want a challenge and care about looks), and less light will mean that the lights will have an actually useful purpose (yeah they look cool now, but its not like you NEED to illuminate anything).  It doesnt need to be totally black but allowing one to decrease the light by even 50% of what it is currently would go a long way.

Not sure about you, but if I am landing at night, I feel a lot better when I have landing lights on the craft(usually 3 of the longer range lights affixed inside the Mk3 engine mount and pointing aft), especially on lower gravity bodies where light from the engine plume is not frequent enough to give me good illumination.

I might not need them as much if I played in a dark room, but the cats keep adjusting my curtain so that I generally have light coming from behind my monitors that no-doubt drowns out anything poorly illuminated.

On 10 de marzo de 2017 at 9:51 PM, SQUAD said:
  • Ambient Light Adjustment: A common request from the media group is to adjust the settings for Ambient light values. For 1.3 we have added a Boost value to the ambient light setting (similar to the highlighter boost slider). This one brightens the render engine settings to bring light into the darkness
  • Asteroid Redirect Mod:Yes this is not a new thing, but this will finally be merged to the base game to add that extra facet to contract gameplay without needing an extra download - including the SENTINEL Infrared Telescope, the final art to make the main game.

YESSSS! I'll love KSP a lot now! But... SQUAD please also add "DarkMultiplayer" in stock KSP: 

Edited by SpaceOdissey

2 minutes ago, michanst said:

Opps. I thought I read somewhere the 1.3 will be launched today March 16. My bad.

Yeah, I think that's the day the pre-release will be out.  Of course, the size of that will probably be a good indication, iff the prerelease is for 1.3, and not just the localization portion.

Just now, razark said:

Yeah, I think that's the day the pre-release will be out.  Of course, the size of that will probably be a good indication, iff the prerelease is for 1.3, and not just the localization portion.

I'm on a data so I was asking.

I have to say I'm getting increasingly excited for the blitworks rebooted console version, the radials seem the way to go and it does seem to be (if I'm reading it right) a complete overhaul rather than a cut and patch of the FTE train wreck.

Although......Does this mean I'm going to have to relearn all the controls? I foresee some planetary faceplants in my future

1 hour ago, Broke dead dogg said:

I have to say I'm getting increasingly excited for the blitworks rebooted console version, the radials seem the way to go and it does seem to be (if I'm reading it right) a complete overhaul rather than a cut and patch of the FTE train wreck.

I agree it looks very promising, but it's a good idea to keep your expectations in check for the very first release of anything new. As a rule, the more code you change, the more bugs you introduce. As for whether it's a complete overhaul, if it was my project, we'd analyze the FTE port to see if any of it was salvageable. If so, then that saves us a few hours or days that we can spend focusing on the parts that are badly broken. Unless the entire FTE port was total trash (from a code perspective; obviously it already has been for users), I'd expect a patchwork.

From the name, I can't help but wondering if this is related to DialogGUIRadialLayout. A quick search indicates that this stock class has never been used in any mod. Does anyone know a way to check for its usage in stock code?

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_dialog_g_u_i_radial_layout.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 11:04 PM, evileye.x said:

If we are talking about hotkeys here, can we have "show internal spaces" hotkey because... You know small tiny thingy to left of kerbal's face is horrible... You need to pop up it first, then press... Horrible usability...

I know this is a little old, but forgot to press post - sorry

C = Toggle IVA Mode , then V to change seats in IVA mode, or change external views in flight mode

1 minute ago, TriggerAu said:

I know this is a little old, but forgot to press post - sorry

C = Toggle IVA Mode , then V to change seats in IVA mode, or change external views in flight mode

I think the question was about getting a hotkey to show the cutaway view - but thanks for answering!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.