How did you find out about Kerbal Space Program

Grand Lander

How did you find out about Kerbal Space Program  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How did you find out about Kerbal Space Program

Yeah, this game heats my MBP to the point of pain and no other game or program comes close to what KSP does.

In other news, I never voted in this poll but it thinks I voted for TV Program. A result of the forum migration I assume.

Back in the grand old days when NASA could launch its own astronauts into space, a bunch of us nerds on Something Awful were lamenting the fact that although the Space Shuttle program was incredibly flawed and NASA screwed up a couple of times and thank God the Cold War is over and the Air Force has the X-37B and can leave the civilian space program alone with its impractical demands, it was better than nothing. Suddenly, someone posted an incredible video in the STS-135 thread about a game in development in which you could build your own ridiculous rockets out of about 10 parts and it was free!

At that point I downloaded KSP 0.74

• 2 weeks later...

Technically I found KSP through Kurtjmac but not it was from his videos. Around Sept. 2011 I watched Kurt's video on space engine and saw that someone suggested that Kurt play KSP in the comments. Curious I checked it out and loved it. I was always slightly interested in space but never bothered to look into it much. I loved that I could build my own rockets abut got bored of the stock parts and quickly downloaded NovaPunch. Well I quickly got bored and stop playing KSP until Kurt started to LP it. So I decided to play it again since you had the map and you could land on the moon (though I knew you could go to the Mun in Nov. thanks to SteevyT when he told me on via MC forum though I still had no clue what I was doing). This time I bothered to learn about orbits and various other things and started to use my account again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.