Evolution [1.3.1] [Kopernicus]

ixaXsiw.png

What Is EVOLUTION?

Evolution is a planet pack that aims to push everything to the limits. From the star itself to the outermost regions, experience 4K quality planet textures and 8K quality cloudmaps, as well as planets created with realism and beauty in mind.

8krOd6E.png

Revolutionary Features

Every planet in Evolution has been created with both uniqueness and realism in mind, as well as providing players a beautiful, yet fun and challenging experience.

Preview of EVOLUTION

Spoiler

0lMh6Tb.png

TZ7iaDT.png

ee8X2be.png

RqBHS18.png

KjgwgDo.png

Download EVOLUTION

Special Thanks

@SQUAD for Kerbal Space Program

@Thomas P. for maintaining Kopernicus, the building block of all planet packs out there

@Galileo for inspiring me, giving me advice and helping me out

@Waz for maintaining Environmental Visual Enhancements, a mod that truly lives up to it's name

@blackrack for Scatterer's amazing shaders and Kopernicus' epic new ring shaders

@CaptRobau for inspiring me to get into the planet modding business, and for OPM, from which I have learned the basics of Kopernicus myself back in the day

@Sigma88, @KillAshley and @Thomas P. for having the patience to help me out every time

@OhioBob for explaining to me the wonderful (and complicated) subject that is atmospheres

@linuxgurugamer for LoadingScreenManager, a mod that allows even the loading screen to be given a unique touch.

@HaArLiNsH for TextureReplacerReplaced, because you'd be surprised how much a custom skybox can do.

Edited by The White Guardian

Update!

The purple planet in the screenshots has had it's cloud settings tweaked to work with Scatterer better.

- Improved color and alpha settings provide a nice blend-in with Scatterer's dense atmospehere.

- The surface is now slightly visible from orbit.

- Detail texture tweaking to make it less repetitive.

- Terrain is now less dark (35% light reduction versus the old 75%)

Beauty screenshot:

uAU8MG9.png

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

I won't spoil anything just yet. Just a little longer before release! :D

And just a little longer for me to boost the quality even more.

But stars, at least in Kopernicus, do not require external textures. How would you increase the quality further?

10 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

But stars, at least in Kopernicus, do not require external textures. How would you increase the quality further?

I do use custom texturework for stars as well in this one. I wasn't talking about just stars when I meant boosting the quality though, I'm talking about anomalies, easter eggs, even more eyecandy and even better usage of shaders.

GREEN TIMES NEWSPAPER

Today we have received word from Pandora. Construction is coming along nicely although civillians will have to wait to make the jump as development is slow.

Local aeronautics administration KSC has gone on record stating that they will endeavor to make even further locations visitable by Kerbalkind. Potential targets are Mackenzie, Zeki, Cera and most promisingly, Manny, when it comes to objects beyond Isalin's gravitational influence. With the continued development of orbital transfer equipment, Gene Kerman has gone on record stating that 'it won't be long before you can hop on a plane to Qwerri just to take a crap there'.

FceUsAj.png

Image: Karbon-7 missile launcing the first components of the VALHALLA. Credit: KSC / Andrew Kerman.

On 4/15/2017 at 0:50 AM, Iamsodarncool said:

Could you share some more pictures from the surfaces of planets?

IWKAiKW.png

7UKTXI2.png

I'm currently really working on ScaledSpace though. Evolution will be the first pack to feature full 8K support - if you can handle it, you might as well throw quality through the roof, hm? Why settle with 'epic' when you can have 'r-evolution-ary'?

That pun was Jeb's.

Evolution now features two custom PQSMods!

Many thanks to @Thomas P. for helping me with compiling the final mods.

Spoiler

FlattenRange

FlattenRange
{
	cutoffStart = X
	cutoffEnd = X
	flattenTo = X
	cutoffStartToInfinity = BOOL
	cutoffEndToInfinity = BOOL
	enabled = BOOL
	order = X
}

cutoffStart & cutoffEnd: enter two altitudes to target a specific altitude range.

cutoffStartToInfinity: set to true to automatically target the lowest point on the planet.

cutoffEndToInfinity: set to true to automatically target the highest point on the planet.

flattenTo: enter an altitude. All altitudes falling within the specified range will be flattened to this altitude.

SimplexNoiseRange

SimplexNoiseRange
{
	seed = X
	deformity = X
	octaves = X
	persistence = X
	rangeStart = X
	rangeEnd = X
	enabled = BOOL
	order = X
}

Same as VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute, but only generates within a specified altitude range.

And currently in progress:

RangeOffset

RangeOffset
{
	offset = X
	rangeStart = X
	rangeEnd = X
	rangeStartToInfinity = BOOL
	rangeEndToInfinity = BOOL
	enabled = BOOL
}

Same as FlattenRange, but instead of flattening adds the value of 'offset' to all terrain within the specified range. Can be used to create canyons, or make oceans deeper, etc.

provided some info on the included mods.

21 minutes ago, GenesisPlayz said:

I'm using Astronomers Visual Pack: Insterstellar V2,and im looking forward for this! is this compatible with AVP In V2?

Not currently, it currently uses it's own EVE configurations. I'll look into it though, see if I can add configurations for SVE and AVP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.