Evolution [1.3.1] [Kopernicus]

Alright, I started working on the biomes and sweet, sweet SCIENCE.

First biome map finished: Aryll.

Biome count thus far: ...17. 17 unique biomes.

22 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

@The White Guardian how long does it normaly take you to make one of these planets?

Initial textures: 30 minutes

In-game finetuning: +30 minutes

Surface detailing: +15 minutes

Scaledspace detail: +30 minutes

EVE + scatterer: +30 minutes

Science & biomes: +3 hours

So it can be anywhere between 30 minutes and 5 hours plus 15 minutes.

Yeah, I'm OCD.

21 hours ago, Disparia Books said:

@The White Guardian @JadeOfMaar

and I suppose @everyonewholikesEvolution

It's looking like I will have a chance to stream tomorrow (regular time, but check twitter for updates) and I thought I would open up the mission ideas and testing to anyone and everyone who watches. Guardian, since we are showing off the mod and testing it, I figured the best way to do so was to just try a bit of everything.

So for tomorrow's stream I'm going to have everyone pick a planet, then pick a moon of said planet (or just the planet itself), and we will launch a chat-created kerbal to the chosen location (Jade, no promises Jade Kerman ever makes it home...possibly RIP little buddy, RIP).On my own I sent a quick probe to one of the inner planet's moons (pictures above) and it was a lovely and quick adventure.

I figure we can do a bit of a voting thing with everyone watching, if that sounds good? I've got a few ships pre-built that can cover just about any distance, so it will mostly be mission oriented. We might be able to see a couple within an hour or two.

Let me know your thoughts, same goes to anyone here who is interested in seeing more of Evolution!

Ah, sorry man. I feel like my mind got hit by a brick so I'm getting some extra sleep. Don't expect me to make an appearance this time. :blush:

As for mission ideas... I vote Zeki.

Heh, the names I chose for some Aryll biomes just got really ironic, 'Ocean of Niflheim' and 'Sea of Helheim', both of which are underworlds from Norse mythology, and then there are the lands of Ragnarok, a cataclysm that is also from Norse myth.

I also snuck in a little joke in the form of the 'Peaks of Null', referring to the NullreferenceException programming error.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Alright, I started working on the biomes and sweet, sweet SCIENCE.

First biome map finished: Aryll.

Biome count thus far: ...17. 17 unique biomes.

Initial textures: 30 minutes

In-game finetuning: +30 minutes

Surface detailing: +15 minutes

Scaledspace detail: +30 minutes

EVE + scatterer: +30 minutes

Science & biomes: +3 hours

So it can be anywhere between 30 minutes and 5 hours plus 15 minutes.

Yeah, I'm OCD.

Ah, sorry man. I feel like my mind got hit by a brick so I'm getting some extra sleep. Don't expect me to make an appearance this time. :blush:

As for mission ideas... I vote Zeki.

Heh, the names I chose for some Aryll biomes just got really ironic, 'Ocean of Niflheim' and 'Sea of Helheim', both of which are underworlds from Norse mythology, and then there are the lands of Ragnarok, a cataclysm that is also from Norse myth.

I also snuck in a little joke in the form of the 'Peaks of Null', referring to the NullreferenceException programming error.

No worries on not making it today, totally understand. Let me know when you have the updates for me to install and we can science the crap out of Aryll. Maybe Jade's sacrifice was all worth it in the end...banjo music AND science!

We will try to make it to Zeki after I put Jade on Aryll. :D

And so Jeb stood, looking out beyond the sea of blood and saw the emptiness of the sky, a horizon that held naught. Alone he stood, a lifetime from home, watching civilization pass before his eyes, nothing more than a lifeless speck of sand somewhere in the barren sky. In the wasteland of the universe, at the extremity of perception and existence, he wondered...

"Did I bring enough pudding cups for the trip home?"

screenshot52.png

screenshot53.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have yet to update any of my mods, fine ladies and gentlemen. This is because I'm currently in the process of finishing my education for this schoolyear which leaves me with very little time to code at all. I hope you all understand, and I apologize for the delay.

Note for Evolution: it is currently in the 'implement science phase', after which it should be good to go.

Until then, I am certain @Disparia Books will be more than happy to show you all around the Audentia system over at his twitch...

@The White Guardian and @...everyone else I suppose,

I was testing Evolution on 1.2. Since the release of 1.3 I decided it would be a good time to switch a few mods (since my Evo file was not tied to CKAN). As of now I'm going through a large list of mods and seeing what I like. The goal is to make a more simulation-focused game and stream in the future, using life support mods and things similar to that. This is will fit in perfectly with the Science being added to Evolution.

That being said, I'm getting some really strange glitches on my game right now. The biggest problem is constant frame stuttering (that I've never, ever had). So there will be no KSP streams this week as I figure out what's causing the problems. Once I get everything sorted I will reinstall Evo and continue (without science) until the new updates are ready.

If anyone has any questions let me know. Also, take a look at the page and let me know of any planets/moons/missions you'd like to see!

Thanks everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 6:15 PM, The White Guardian said:

Ahahaha

Hide contents

The addon I'm working on adds several stars, turns the sun into a black hole and add a GALAXY texture large enough to span across several solar systems.

xanatos-gambit.png

Also, I'd be happy to lend you a hand once I've finished Evolution and something for @amarius1

Hang on a second...

I'm doing exact the same!

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, kjack1111 said:

So what happened to this? Is it dead, or sleeping?

Definitely not dead. @The White Guardian and I have been working on it. I just finished up writing science definitions for Cerillion's moon, Disparia. As soon as he finishes adding all of that I'm going to start a career-mode stream series and it should be available to everyone around the same time :wink:

4 hours ago, Disparia Books said:

Definitely not dead. @The White Guardian and I have been working on it. I just finished up writing science definitions for Cerillion's moon, Disparia. As soon as he finishes adding all of that I'm going to start a career-mode stream series and it should be available to everyone around the same time :wink:

Awsome! Glad to see this is still a thing going on.

9 hours ago, kjack1111 said:

Awsome! Glad to see this is still a thing going on.

Couldn't agree more. I think TWG definitely needs a round of applause (or as the Kerbals would give, a round of apple sauce) for all his hard work. I just wrote the science definitions for one moon of one planet and that came to 13,000 words of hard work. I can't imagine how much it has taken to create the entire system.

I haven't been streaming any of his work lately because I've been working on the science and allowing him to update it (I've been working on my second book during the lull). But I'm excited to get back to it and for everyone else to try.

Keep in mind you can at least download Cerillion through CKAN before Evolution is finished (and I would highly recommend doing so, and doing science there...it will be worth it!).

:D

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2017 at 3:00 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Way too many underrated mods for Kerbal Space Program. If my computer wasn't a garbage bin, I would definitely download this whenever it is released.

Only complaint, needs more stars. Sorry, I just really like stars... :P

I believe I was in the process of adding a second star named Cyroa...

Just now, The White Guardian said:

I believe I was in the process of adding a second star named Cyroa...

2 is simply not enough to satiate my need for more stars...

In all seriousness, though, this is a very high quality mod from the looks of it. Great job!

44 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

2 is simply not enough to satiate my need for more stars...

In all seriousness, though, this is a very high quality mod from the looks of it. Great job!

Too high quality. Evolution seems like KSP Old Spice - too powerful

Spoiler

Thus it'll be released in a format similar to @Galileo's amazing SVE mod - you download two packages.

Package 1: the core mod (all of the configs, and textures that can't be cropped such as Scatterer .half textures)

Package 2: all of the texture works, served in a variety of resolutions:

Insane resolution: 8K textures

Epic resolution: 4K textures

PC-friendly resolution: 2K textures

Though I do think part of why it currently costs so much RAM is because of some nasty scatterer-related NullReferenceExceptions that I'm still eliminating.

I actually feel like changing the main star name back to Sun and leave it mentioned as Audentia in things such as science reports, so that other planet mods work right off the bat, otherwise Scatterer will break.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.