Evolution [1.3.1] [Kopernicus]

On 1/27/2018 at 10:30 PM, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

Did you finish your exams

How did you do?

And do you have a planned release date for this amazing mod?

I did finish the exams. Correction: finished, because I completely and utterly destroyed them. :)

I don't have a planned release just yet, but the mod is nearing completion so it shouldn't take too long. The big problem is that I don't want to release the mod without it being entirely complete, and the main obstacle currently is the SCIENCE. Problem is that writing the science takes almost as long as it takes for someone to find all unique reports. I write for fun in my spare time, but I only have so much inspiration at a given time - I have found that, if I write too many reports, the reports will end up looking similar and that is something I want to avoid as much as possible. Combine that with the fact that I have an absolutely huge amount of biomes on the planner, and I've got my work cut out for myself. Besides that Scatterer is being a clipping-plane prankster, but that's all stuff I can fix.

2 hours ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

Any new planet names and screenshots that you want to spoil

Lemme just look into the goodie bag to see if I got some beauty shots lying around...

Spoiler

etMIP1n.png

LQ5trxr.png

nas0Nur.png

As for planet names... I suppose I could spoil a few.

Spoiler

Samuel, the reborn one.
Invidia, where all roads cross.
Mios, the one to be feared.
Pandora, the second haven.
Nova, where all rests.
Audentia, the ruler of all.
???, the bender of reality.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

I did finish the exams. Correction: finished, because I completely and utterly destroyed them. :)

I don't have a planned release just yet, but the mod is nearing completion so it shouldn't take too long. The big problem is that I don't want to release the mod without it being entirely complete, and the main obstacle currently is the SCIENCE. Problem is that writing the science takes almost as long as it takes for someone to find all unique reports. I write for fun in my spare time, but I only have so much inspiration at a given time - I have found that, if I write too many reports, the reports will end up looking similar and that is something I want to avoid as much as possible. Combine that with the fact that I have an absolutely huge amount of biomes on the planner, and I've got my work cut out for myself. Besides that Scatterer is being a clipping-plane prankster, but that's all stuff I can fix.

Lemme just look into the goodie bag to see if I got some beauty shots lying around...

Hide contents

etMIP1n.png

LQ5trxr.png

nas0Nur.png

As for planet names... I suppose I could spoil a few.

Reveal hidden contents

Samuel, the reborn one.
Invidia, where all roads cross.
Mios, the one to be feared.
Pandora, the second haven.
Nova, where all rests.
Audentia, the ruler of all.
???, the bender of reality.

I just had a nerd-gassim

• 2 weeks later...

Will you happen to bundle Cerillion with this mod? I love the way that planet looks, but bummed ive never been able to get it working in 1.3.1. I'm aware of the latest Kopernicus update so Im being patient with planet packs, just curious if you have plans to give that gem some TLC. I did see anything about it working with 1.3.1. Does it and Im just screwing it up?

Also, side question, and this technically falls on the kopernicus thread...but I bet you know just as well. Are the changes made in latest release hard coded changes? Or more something like when MM did the syntax update, so updating cfg format was the main ball buster. I dont really understand as a player..how I can help minus being like..."mod's broke yo". I feel good when I know I helped in a way, even in a small way. my lack of coding knowledge is my current limitation.

10 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Will you happen to bundle Cerillion with this mod? I love the way that planet looks, but bummed ive never been able to get it working in 1.3.1. I'm aware of the latest Kopernicus update so Im being patient with planet packs, just curious if you have plans to give that gem some TLC. I did see anything about it working with 1.3.1. Does it and Im just screwing it up?

Also, side question, and this technically falls on the kopernicus thread...but I bet you know just as well. Are the changes made in latest release hard coded changes? Or more something like when MM did the syntax update, so updating cfg format was the main ball buster. I dont really understand as a player..how I can help minus being like..."mod's broke yo". I feel good when I know I helped in a way, even in a small way. my lack of coding knowledge is my current limitation.

Because Cerillion is a separate mod, I am not bundling the packs. I will, however, add several configurations to Evolution to ensure compatibility with several planet packs, Cerillion included. Cerillion is supposed to work in 1.3.1 unless you're running Kopernicus 1.3.1-4+, which have brought some changes that affect Cerillion's terrain's foundation. Nothing I can't fix. If you happen to be using Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 (which, if not, you can probably safely roll back to) it is probably indeed a flaw in the installation procedure, in which case, I'm more than happy to help you get to the cause of the problem. :)

As for your question regarding the Kopernicus update: it is a hard-coded change, though the Kopernicus developer is working hard to fix 'planet packs being busted out of the box'. On the planet development side, it requires a small tweak to Cerillion's configuration to get the mod working again. If you have no coding knowledge you can still help massively, by reporting any glitches or oddities you find to the planet pack developers. This helps finding flaws in the pack's creation, which will result in an increase in quality for all people using that pack.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:21 AM, The White Guardian said:

Because Cerillion is a separate mod, I am not bundling the packs. I will, however, add several configurations to Evolution to ensure compatibility with several planet packs, Cerillion included. Cerillion is supposed to work in 1.3.1 unless you're running Kopernicus 1.3.1-4+, which have brought some changes that affect Cerillion's terrain's foundation. Nothing I can't fix. If you happen to be using Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 (which, if not, you can probably safely roll back to) it is probably indeed a flaw in the installation procedure, in which case, I'm more than happy to help you get to the cause of the problem. :)

As for your question regarding the Kopernicus update: it is a hard-coded change, though the Kopernicus developer is working hard to fix 'planet packs being busted out of the box'. On the planet development side, it requires a small tweak to Cerillion's configuration to get the mod working again. If you have no coding knowledge you can still help massively, by reporting any glitches or oddities you find to the planet pack developers. This helps finding flaws in the pack's creation, which will result in an increase in quality for all people using that pack.

thanks for the reply. Yes I have the latest kopernicus, But I think the previous kopernicus Ive tried Cerillion with was 1.3.1-3. I would rather not roll back versions, So I will be patient and await the update.

I actually assumed you wouldn't 'bundle' cerillion together with Evolution, but more wondering if it would be included as part of Evolution rather than being a separate planet pack. Only reason I ask was because I think Cerillion is one of the best planets Ive seen and since its only 1 planet, could be assimilated pretty easily to a solar system. But of course I can do that myself, I was just curious. Cheers buddy!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at work, so can't look into the .zip at the moment. As such, a few questions:

1. What version of Kopernicus is this for?

2. I see that KS3P is included, is this a requirement or just a visual preference? I tried it and felt like it made the game too dark for my tastes.

3. Is this a stock system replacer? I believe I saw it mentioned before that it was and plans for a "Secondary" config were in the works.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Shushoni said:

I'm at work, so can't look into the .zip at the moment. As such, a few questions:

1. What version of Kopernicus is this for?

2. I see that KS3P is included, is this a requirement or just a visual preference? I tried it and felt like it made the game too dark for my tastes.

3. Is this a stock system replacer? I believe I saw it mentioned before that it was and plans for a "Secondary" config were in the works.

Thanks!

1. Kopernicus 1.3.1-3

2. It is not a requirement, you can safely delete the folder. I have made some alterations to the config though to make it less dark.

3. it currently is, the 'secondary' config is not yet finished, sadly.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, The White Guardian said:

Kopernicus 1.3.1-3

darn it

also I feel like I should post this

screenshot1074.png

literally 30 seconds after I took this it crashed by the way

16 GB RAM.

I am amazed

Edited by DeltaDizzy

10 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Can you specify what kind of crash? Vessel crash, or KSP crash? Because I run Evo on an 8GB system with no problems.

KSP crash, but I usually run with BDB + all of Nertea's stuff among many others

Edited by DeltaDizzy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.