Viking Ship

Viking Ship

The Viking Ship started when Klond and I began to collaborate on a bridge project I was working on. During this time he showed me a project he was working on, it was a rowing motor (Row Machine) and it was looking like the Oars rowing on a Viking Ship so I threw the idea at him and we decided to follow through with it. The Motor is remarkable I thought and it looked like a lot of work so instead of Klond separating the Oars for a Large Hull design I had built I decided to build the Hull around the Motor. I apologize for the short Video but there really weren't much ideas I could think of, due to the Kerbals not having any Swords and Shields :D. This is our first Joint Project and on behalf of Klond also we hope you like the outcome of our Viking Ship. Also if you could please give Klond his Rep on his comment to this post, thank you!

bTsPpGf.png

Spoiler

During the Video Process I was looking at some ideas to get the Ship to a location far from the KSC and nothing was working to well so the plan was scrapped.

9m4lotT.png

I forgot the Kerbals!
This craft I used was converted from a speedboat, it's been very handy for the Bridge work I've been doing. The boat (Versatile) will be released when the Bridge is complete.
URyRYoX.png

Another Transport Idea that wasn't getting me to the location I wanted quick enough.
2xRvKKl.png

5TnSbmI.png

Here is what the Craft File will give you
4XEeNmx.png

otj4vBP.png

xICXzJn.png

This Sail was looking to square!
ADER526.png

A Huge Thanks to Klond for his amazing Engineering work on this project!!
vk1ZKBK.png

Operations: Takeoff at full throttle, full warp will get you to the coastline quickly. You can leave the engines at full when braking so when you enter the water the craft can already have full thrust to leave the beach quickly. Enter the water at or under 20 m/s so the Rowing System will not be damaged. Kill Engines, Load Kerbals, Release Modules, Select Ship, Full Throttle to get away from the Modules, Release Engines, Select Ship again, when doing this look at your resources and watch for your Electrical Only 5.00 this will be the Rowing System, Press and hold your E key and you are on your way at neck breaking speeds of 0.5+m/s on a windy day!

Craft File: Viking Ship
Parts: 656
Mass: 34.005t
Height: 11.0m
Width: 13.3m
Length: 15.7m

Action Groups
1- Juno Engines
2- Lights
3- Ladders
4- Flag

Edited by Castille7

Define move, lol.

Just enough to say it works.  Suppose we could make the oars bigger and do some other tweaks, but, well, 1m/s is about it, if that.

Edited by klond

16 minutes ago, klond said:

Define move, lol.

Just enough to say it works.  Suppose we could make the oars bigger and do some other tweaks, but, well, 1m/s is about it, if that.

Still, the motion itself is impressive enough!

Great job guys!

54 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

LOL, that's so epic! 

Masterful use of thermometer hinges @klond!!

Do the paddles actually move the thing? 

Thank you MJ:)

21 minutes ago, Servo said:

Still, the motion itself is impressive enough!

Great job guys!

Thank you Servo! :)

54 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

LOL, that's so epic! 

Masterful use of thermometer hinges @klond!!

Do the paddles actually move the thing? 

I do have Video footage of the thing actually gaining ground........(gaining water?)..LOL

Edited by Castille7

Looks like I'm stealing glory here, I am not one to do something like that, I am thanking everyone for the little boards I stuck together...:D I think it's pretty clear who's mastery we are looking at here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.